PDA

View Full Version : What Are Your 09 Competition Plans

Angela123
02-09-2009, 06:04 PM
None for me. This year's plan is to have a productive year of growth. Esp in my back. i want to come back strong in spring 2010. if i stuck with figure..yah i could be competing this spring and summer. but since i crossed over to bb...to really make an impact, i need a nice long offseason. and i need to focus on other priorities this year...like school. my last show was the end of oct...so im 3 months into offseason. im upset to say...the season hasnt been going that well. personal problems and a health problem arose...derailed me a bit. my intensity level dropped. but im feeling good again...so here's to the next 12 months...it's grow time!

2hot4u
02-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Hang in there Ondrea, you will come back strong and unstoppable

My plans for 2009 are

Masters Nationals
USA's in July

See ya all there!!

Angela123
02-09-2009, 06:16 PM
thanks lisa. you looked awesome last year...excited to see an even better package on you this year.

im hoping to hit up USA's...make a vacation out of it.

did i hear right? are you moving up in weight classes?

2hot4u
02-09-2009, 06:21 PM
I hope to but we will see how i look and as you know it depends on how the final package is coming in. If i have to get under that lhw cutoff I will.

Shelly
02-09-2009, 06:30 PM
North Americans and Team U

tammyp
02-09-2009, 06:45 PM
nationals...agian!

JillyRev
02-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Ondrea!! i am glad you are feelin better - you are going to have a great year:) and we all cant wait to see you on stage again:)

for me, JR Nats, USAs for now... might add North Americans or Nationals.. well see where i land in the first two shows:) that will be the deciding factor if i need to go back to the drawing board:)

None for me. This year's plan is to have a productive year of growth. Esp in my back. i want to come back strong in spring 2010. if i stuck with figure..yah i could be competing this spring and summer. but since i crossed over to bb...to really make an impact, i need a nice long offseason. and i need to focus on other priorities this year...like school. my last show was the end of oct...so im 3 months into offseason. im upset to say...the season hasnt been going that well. personal problems and a health problem arose...derailed me a bit. my intensity level dropped. but im feeling good again...so here's to the next 12 months...it's grow time!

AmyLynn
02-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Looks like almost everyone here as migrated from figure into bb. I left figure too....but it's fitness for me. Jr Nats is a maybe but Team U is for certain.

AmyLynn
02-09-2009, 09:40 PM

Glad to see you have some motivation back, are you going to open up a training log in this forum?

figure_22
02-09-2009, 09:53 PM
OR State and LA Championships.

SBT
02-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Jr. Nats is all on the agenda for now

kiMbergman
02-09-2009, 10:35 PM
No plans for me.... but sometimes the best things happen on a tangent!! :)

quadrablue
02-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Atlantic City. :eek: It's so close already!!!

~gymdiva~
02-09-2009, 11:53 PM

WOOHOO!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Steph Orr
02-09-2009, 11:56 PM

Athena, you're gonna rock that stage. Stay focused and no cheating :eek: Best of luck and knock'em dead.

Angela123
02-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Ondrea!! i am glad you are feelin better - you are going to have a great year:) and we all cant wait to see you on stage again:)

for me, JR Nats, USAs for now... might add North Americans or Nationals.. well see where i land in the first two shows:) that will be the deciding factor if i need to go back to the drawing board:)

thanks girl.

i bet you'll end up doing all 4...you crazy woman! welcome to PJ's crew. feel free to act crazy 4him lol. and text him all the time. the poor guy...so many of my crazy rants and nervous thoughts he had to deal with.

Glad to see you have some motivation back, are you going to open up a training log in this forum?

thanks...i was doing better but a few wks back i had a very scary health scare...had to call 911 and shit..i ended up in the hospital for 3 days. so i had to take it easy for a while and i was down and out for a little bit too...bc i hate being away from the gym! i eased my sorrow away with many days of too many carbs..damn it. so anywho..back into it...again. this time..i hope no more derailments.

idk if ill start a journal yet. im so anal with it...i need to make sure im up to wanting to devote everyday to it, like i did with my last one lol.

quadrablue
02-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Athena, you're gonna rock that stage. Stay focused and no cheating :eek: Best of luck and knock'em dead.

No bf = no cheating. Funny how that works.

Heather Grace
02-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Arnold Amateur, Jr Nats for sure.. maybe USAs and Nationals?

IslandGirl
02-10-2009, 01:31 AM
Not sure what I'm doing yet. I took some time off from the gym last year after the USA's because of surgery and only been back in the gym about 3 months. Trying to play catch up right now. I'll know for sure in the next month or so.

Good luck everyone!

sassy69
02-10-2009, 02:20 AM
USAs!

IslandGirl
02-10-2009, 02:26 AM
USAs!
Oh really? Then I just may have to make a trip to Vegas then.

We saw heavy this past weekend and we were trying to convince him to take a vacay that weekend to watch the USA's.

Tuffgirl410
02-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Team U:D

dvsness
02-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I am hoping to do my first BB show (crossover from Figure), but I'm not sure when. Finances may prevent it, but I'll start dieting in April and see what happens.

GirlyMuscle
02-10-2009, 11:10 AM
*drum roll*

Oct/Nov NPC Mountain Valley Classic in Reading PA.

IslandGirl
02-10-2009, 11:40 AM
*drum roll*

Woot! Woot! That's great! It's about time. ;)

JillyRev
02-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Jr. Nats is all on the agenda for now

hey girl! you doing FBBing this year? or back to figure??

NPCfigure
02-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Attempting NY Empire States July 18th..IF my body cooperates!!:D

cheddar cheese
02-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Representing Team Fitbody at the BC Provincial Championships July 25th, will be my second show and my dad's birthday.

AmandaDunbar
02-10-2009, 06:07 PM
No bf = no cheating. Funny how that works.

I like that.... Funny how true that really is. I remember the nights of waking up in the middle of the nights and raiding the oatmeal pies in the cabinet! haha. They were (of course) not mine, lol. :)

Amanda

tammyp
02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
*drum roll*

woohoo! about damn time!

Glenda Bozett
02-10-2009, 06:27 PM
I will be competing at the Mr. & Ms. Jones Beach, Aug. 8th. and NPC Teaum Universe, Nov.

Tuffgirl410
02-10-2009, 07:47 PM
I will be competing at the Mr. & Ms. Jones Beach, Aug. 8th. and NPC Teaum Universe, Nov.
Yayy see you at Team Universe, no NYC show is complete unless Glenda is in it :D

Elise
02-10-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm attempting the new Bikini Catagory this year:)

AndroGrrL
02-10-2009, 08:34 PM
If I stop being such a baby...Europa Amateur in August (mmm probably a TERRIBLE choice for a first show...too big!)...or the TX states in November if I'm still in this dump of a state :(

musclegoddess65
02-11-2009, 06:16 AM
NPC Continental USA
www.npccontinentalusa. (http://www.npccontinentalusa.net/)

September 5, 2009

that is if I've recovered from the surgery to acquire gymdiva's legs!!!! ;)

musclegoddess65
02-11-2009, 07:16 AM
thanks girl.

i bet you'll end up doing all 4...you crazy woman! welcome to PJ's crew. feel free to act crazy 4him lol. and text him all the time. the poor guy...so many of my crazy rants and nervous thoughts he had to deal with.

thanks...i was doing better but a few wks back i had a very scary health scare...had to call 911 and shit..i ended up in the hospital for 3 days. so i had to take it easy for a while and i was down and out for a little bit too...bc i hate being away from the gym! i eased my sorrow away with many days of too many carbs..damn it. so anywho..back into it...again. this time..i hope no more derailments.

idk if ill start a journal yet. im so anal with it...i need to make sure im up to wanting to devote everyday to it, like i did with my last one lol.

girl can't thank you enough for PJ recommendation... he is GREAT! Oh I know as time goes on, I'll have a choice word or two for him ;) but so far I'm lovin' it....

musclegoddess65
02-11-2009, 07:18 AM
*drum roll*

YA baby!!!! I just wish they'd get their shit together and decide on a date!

But thinkin' as long as its late Oct/early Nov... I should have recovered from Sept 5th...

JillyRev
02-11-2009, 09:25 PM
thanks girl.

LOL i bet i will too haha i get nutz about doing shows hahaha! i feel like i just get on a role and dont stop:) ive had a good break and ready to get back in the game:)

Working with PJ has been awsome already... we havent even gotten into the diet yet lol but he is super supportive!

Shelly
02-11-2009, 09:43 PM

hope to see you on stage this yr girl!

fitbody
02-12-2009, 02:24 AM
GUNNING FOR CANADIAN NATIONALS AUGUST 22, 2009
IN MY HOMETOWN OF VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA !!!!!
this is gonna be fun...

GirlyMuscle
02-12-2009, 09:06 AM
YA baby!!!! I just wish they'd get their shit together and decide on a date!

But thinkin' as long as its late Oct/early Nov... I should have recovered from Sept 5th...
It will be. Besides...just means you'd not be able to pig out and gain 20 pounds in a month. It's a small show...new....so just come do it!

Sharp Curves
02-12-2009, 07:11 PM
G'day ladies,

last year I did 5 comps, with 2 being OS, took a lot out of me and my bank balances.

This year I'll be concentrating on finishing my cert 3&4 in fitness (should only be a few weeks away now), also doing more bikinis and music editings for those competing here in Australia inthe earlier part of the season.

Then come April I'll be pulling up my boot straps and commencing preparations for the NABBA Qld State in September (lets see if I can make it 3rd year in a row for the overall), then the NABBA Nationals being held in Sydney in October (looking to retaining my overall title there too) After that, all going to plan I'll be back over the the UK for the NABBA Universe also in October (holding onto my luggage real tight so it doesn't go missing like it did last year).

BadAssBarbie
02-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Well, my first goal is to re-qualify(FITNESS ofcourse!). So, I'm doing the West Texas Classic on March 28. If I don't re-qualify there, I'm going to do the Ronnie Coleman in April. Hopefully, I will do well enough at one of those to go to Jr. USA's and Jr. Nats!! This will likely be my last year competing..so I gotta make it a good one!!

zander
02-15-2009, 03:42 PM
G'day ladies,

last year I did 5 comps, with 2 being OS, took a lot out of me and my bank balances.

This year I'll be concentrating on finishing my cert 3&4 in fitness (should only be a few weeks away now), also doing more bikinis and music editings for those competing here in Australia inthe earlier part of the season.

Then come April I'll be pulling up my boot straps and commencing preparations for the NABBA Qld State in September (lets see if I can make it 3rd year in a row for the overall), then the NABBA Nationals being held in Sydney in October (looking to retaining my overall title there too) After that, all going to plan I'll be back over the the UK for the NABBA Universe also in October (holding onto my luggage real tight so it doesn't go missing like it did last year).

Gonna be a sweet comp season for yu chuppa , and youll make an awsome PT :D

Sharp Curves
02-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Gonna be a sweet comp season for yu chuppa , and youll make an awsome PT :D

Thanks PENCILNECK....oops, I mean Budda :p

Suzanne
02-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Jr Nationals start prep March 1!!

then it all depends on a number of things
if my body wants to continue to diet
need time off then re-diet
finances
my daughter graduates high school this year and we may want to do one more family vacation before she goes off to college so may not want to be in comp prep for that i would be no fun

so could be USAs or Nationals

Suzanne
02-16-2009, 06:23 PM

I am ending a 15 month offseason and the first 5 months were horrible but it turned out to be the best thing!

you will be all the better for it come 2010!

Angela123
02-16-2009, 11:10 PM
thanks for th pep talk suzanne. your progress you've made this year is awesome...just awesome. so if you accomplished that with a bad first 5 months...you just now gave me hope.