PDA

View Full Version : Ariza Unhappy

Goodfellas
07-02-2009, 11:38 AM
The Lakers remained far apart on negotiations Wednesday with their two main free-agent pieces, forwards Lamar Odom and Trevor Ariza. In particular, Ariza and his agent weren't thrilled by the Lakers' annual offer of $5.6 million over an unspecified number of years. Ariza, 24, was hoping for $7 million to $8 million a year. Odom, 29, is believed to be seeking $10 million a year, though it was unclear what the Lakers offered him. Ariza is drawing interest from Portland, Houston, Cleveland, Toronto and the Clippers. Of those teams, only Portland and Toronto have enough salary-cap room to offer more than the Lakers' current offer.
(Los Angeles Times)

JaimeSandovalJr
07-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Wow his family is going to starve if he he gets 4 million instead of 7 or 8. Its simple in my opinion; rings or money??

chitownmscle
07-02-2009, 03:34 PM
When your young in the League it's all about money and stats. Of course you want to win too but it's really more about money and fame. As you get older in the League and become financially stable it becomes more on your legacy and how many championships you win. There are only a handful of players that will be remembered by the general public 10 years from now anyway, Ariza is not one of them so I say get your money while you can young fella.

Goodfellas
07-02-2009, 06:01 PM
He is injury prone stay with the championship caliber team. Get bonuses etc.

Bigboi
07-02-2009, 06:39 PM
When your young in the League it's all about money and stats. Of course you want to win too but it's really more about money and fame. As you get older in the League and become financially stable it becomes more on your legacy and how many championships you win. There are only a handful of players that will be remembered by the general public 10 years from now anyway, Ariza is not one of them so I say get your money while you can young fella.
You hit on the head. Chances are he'll get more money if he goes to another team. He prolly would never win another ring if he leaves the lakers, so why not get paid while hes hot.

Goodfellas
07-03-2009, 08:37 AM
ESPN is reporting he signed with Houston at a mid level pay scale.