PDA

View Full Version : Worst lower back spasm ever

KZRSOIZE
07-03-2009, 11:59 PM
I wouldve posted in one of the dr's q&A but it appears they have gone fishing.

Anywho this past friday I was training after 3 weeks off, got married did the honeymoon and back into the gym i went. It was a light session of chest tris and delts. Mind you the results i got within the last 3 months were amazing with help from experts on this board as well as a pro at my gym.

Well i decided on doing 15lb standing side laterals(it seems to always be the light weights). As i finished my 3rd set i bent down to place the weights onto the ground and snap, i felt the worst pain in my lower back. Hurt to breath and could not stand. The weight on my lower back was unbearable. I managed to hobble out of the gym leaning forward like an 80 year old man and drove myself home. At home my wife assisted me with ice on the lower back but after 40 minutes and no relief I decided I must go to the er. Of course the er doctor assesed as a muscle spasm, prescribed me a bunch of goodies advised me to see my primary ortho and sent me on my way.

Taking the meds makes me feels about 60% but of course im in another state of mind. Im getting haeadaches and even though i dont feel tingling in neither leg the pain is on lower right side of back, and now im getting numbness on my left hand. I pray its nothing serious. Now just yesterday i met with my ortho and he wants to let all the inflamation decrease and order an mri. In the mean time i will be doing pool therapy.

Now heres my concern, DEPRESSION is kicking in. Im 35 years old and having been training on and off for the last 10 years and I feel i have almost reached the level ive been trying to achieve and now this. My buddies say you cant be lifting so heavy anymore dude your not a kid, they dont understand. This depression is worse than going cold turkey off of gear and watching your weight drop every day. On prior mri's i have shown 4mm protrustoin btw l5-s1, i know this isnt much but like they say for some 10 mm isnt painful for some 1mm is painful. With no pain meds, the pain is unbearable, so all i do is lie around like a zombie eat sleep drink and stare at the tv.

I just hope i dont have to kiss my dreams good bye, when i was so close.

any suggestions or words of encouragements are greatly welcome.

currents stats 225 13%bf 5'10

B7emm
07-04-2009, 12:23 AM
i feel your pain. i have the same thing in my l4 l5. i hurt all the time my meds were changed to ultram and I'm not so bad in the head any more. i just got back to the gym after 3 months of pt and epidural injections. my left leg is numb and it burns so I'm not sure what to do now but don't feel down. it will get better the disk ectomey surgery isn't that bad any more. i may have to have one soon.
never give up your dreams you have to fight for them thats what makes it feel so good when you acheve your dreams.

maximusmac
07-04-2009, 03:22 AM
Hey Bro,
Ok first off you need to get it treated by a chiropractor MD's will do nothing more then give you pain meds to mask to real problem in 2004 33yrs old I blew out my lower back L3-L4 herniation L4-L5 Rupture my right Hip was 8 inchs higher then my Left when it poped it was so bad I was paralzed for 5 mins (Not long but long enough to scare the shit out of me). Was told stay away from the gym for a few weeks, that hit me hard very hard. That few weeks turned into 4 years I was 275lbs 6'2 27% BF Last year I started walking I Got the fuck off my pity party put down the chips and dips and lost 90lbs was 185lbs 19% BF by cleaning up my diet and walking, started Lifting 10 weeks ago now I'm 38 224lbs 16% BF gained a full inch of growth in arms my shoulders are cut. and just wednesday I sliped my back again though I can't lift heavy for a few weeks I'm lifting medium weight high rep and just taking it easy. I understand your pain. and know what your going through

I do have spinal degeneration but I'm not getting surgery anytime soon. But the point is YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LIFT AGAIN. it maybe few week. but you'll get back into and Brother FIGHT THAT DEPRESSION anyway you can. trust me you'll lift again.

I hope that my exprence helps you, But stay strong. and NEVER KISS THOSE DREAMS AWAY NEVER

KZRSOIZE
07-05-2009, 01:57 AM
thank you both, your words of encouragement really mean alot to me...back pain is a serious serious issue, and i dont think there is a doctor out there who can exactly pin point the damage and make the repair...i will stay up and thanks again....i mean it..