PDA

View Full Version : Jericho on Steamboat...

~gymdiva~
07-04-2009, 12:55 PM
I thought this comment warranted its own thread, especially after we got to see him at Wrestlemania and the following ppv...thoughts? opinons?

The following is an excerpt from an article in The Star Bulletin, which features comments from WWE Superstar Chris Jericho. In the piece, Jericho talks about his upcoming WWE house show match in Honolulu, Hawaii with WWE Hall Of Famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat.

"I'm looking forward to it. I don't really look at Steamboat as a legend. He's just a great performer and one of the best of all time. It'd be like playing hockey against Wayne Gretzky -- even though he retired years ago, he's still better than half the people on the ice nowadays. Steamboat, at 55 years old, is still better than 80 percent of our roster ... (and) being from Hawaii, it's a huge deal. It's going to be very sentimental for him and the fans, and of course I plan to spoil it and stick it in his face and all of the fans when I end the party and annihilate him in front of everyone."

TheCutMan
07-05-2009, 11:24 AM
I love Jericho. He is always in-character. :D
And he is absolutely right - Ricky Steamboat still got it. Over 20 years after his great Wrestlemania match with the Macho Man he still delivers.

atomicplayboy3000
07-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Jericho is the man