PDA

View Full Version : Intro, supplements and Dave's diet

NickD
07-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Hey guys!

First off, I've done some Keto diets before (Atkins & Anabolic) but the thing that always sent me back wasn't the first week but the fear I had of the unhealthy food I was getting (you know, burgers with tons of mayo and bacon like there's no tomorrow). When I found out about Dave's diet and the meals on it, I was hooked. Right now I'm 31 and at an unhealthy ~300lbs with a BF of 42-43%. And my personal goal is to be 235 @ 10% (off season). I would like to compete in body building tournaments but before I can think of that I need to get my BF way down.

I'm going to start the keto diet tomorrow and I was wondering if the following supplements were not to be taken due to my body being in ketosis.

CoQ10 (Should be fine)
CLA <--- This one I'm really wondering if I'm throwing my money away...

I also have the required Liv52, B complex vitamins, magnesium, calcium and a great multi vitamin complex so I'm not to worried about those. Also, I take Greens+, can it affect my ketosis?

And last but not least, which veggie do you recommend the most in the lean protein meal? I would have gone with steam asparagus or steam broccoli since it's pretty high in fiber.

Thanks a lot!

Frosty
07-04-2009, 09:39 PM
CoQ10 is great to use. CLA you can take it. Studies use 12 weeks and it can kill existing fat cells, so if you have it go for it. 3.2g of total CLA is the amount to use which is usually 4 pills.

Broccoli, asparagus, salad greens, spinach, and more....have a variety and rotate them around. No need to have one single veggie to eat.

NickD
07-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the quick response.

One last question that makes me confuse a bit. It's fish oil. Do I take 9 caps of 1000mg per day plus the fatty meal with fish? Because I've read another one of your reply about the diet and not messing up the fat omega ratio. Does this apply to somebody who starts or someone who's really going for the single digit bf?

And btw, Frosty, I still can't believe that on your avatar, you are 9-10%. Seeing that I would have said 5-6 top. Wow I really have a long way to go...

Frosty
07-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Take the 9g spread throughout with the meals, but yes it's in addition to the fish meal. Someone that has more weight to lose benefits from higher fish oil intake than someone that is leaner actually.