PDA

View Full Version : Fat & Weak

Chubb
02-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Hey guys. I am 27yrs old, 300lbs, and weak as a sick kitten. I have a fair amount of knowledge of training and nutrition, and I have decided to finally put it to good use. I have decided to get stronger, and to stop making excuses. I have been in 7 car crashes and 2 motorcycle accidents. I have completely pulped the muscles/ligaments/tendons in the right side of my upper back in one of the motorcycle accidents, and even though that was 7 years ago, it still causes problems sometimes. I have torn the ACL in my right knee twice, and damn near crushed my kneecap once. My right elbow is touchy, as I have had it ground off in one of my motorcycle accidents and crushed the nerves/tendon twice. I have partially torn my left upper biceps tendons. My lower back has been damaged countless times. I used to be strong, but due to accidents/work/having a baby I stopped lifting a while ago and became sedentry. I am sick of being weak, so I have cleared out a spot in my garage and dug out all my old weights. I have about 300-400 lbs of plates, an old wobbly York adjustable bench, a stationary bike, an old rowing machine, and a bunch of various bars and dumbells. Last week I started a basic strength routine (push/upper body, day off, pull/lower body, day or two off). I am sticking to basic exercises (bench/deadlift/military press, etc). I am weak but I will one day be strong!:)

robert da strongman
02-17-2009, 09:03 PM
good luck

Chubb
02-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Last weeks numbers:

Low incline bench: 125lbs 3x3 (Don't laugh, I told you I was weak:o)

Deadlift: 145 3x5 (I only have small plates, so the bar is close to the floor)

I am doing other accessory exercises as well, but I figured that these are the important numbers.

This week:

Low incline bench: 125lbsx3, 145x1, 145x1, 125x5, 125x3

I haven't done my lower body/ pull workout yet this week.

My goals (for now) are to bench 300 and deadlift 400.:D

robert da strongman
02-17-2009, 09:15 PM
you have to start somewhere.

Viking
02-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Just keep working out at a pace your body can handle and get a steady diet going. You're in the right spot bro.

MichaelWayne
02-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Doesn't matter how high or low your numbers are. Heavy weight is just that...heavy weight...not a judge of character.

Keep up the good work!

AnabolLecter75
02-18-2009, 12:38 AM
As they say in Eternia, Good Journey!

tjoe
02-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Glad to have you here and good luck!

militantmuscle
02-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey guys. I am 27yrs old, 300lbs, and weak as a sick kitten. I have a fair amount of knowledge of training and nutrition, and I have decided to finally put it to good use. I have decided to get stronger, and to stop making excuses. I have been in 7 car crashes and 2 motorcycle accidents. I have completely pulped the muscles/ligaments/tendons in the right side of my upper back in one of the motorcycle accidents, and even though that was 7 years ago, it still causes problems sometimes. I have torn the ACL in my right knee twice, and damn near crushed my kneecap once. My right elbow is touchy, as I have had it ground off in one of my motorcycle accidents and crushed the nerves/tendon twice. I have partially torn my left upper biceps tendons. My lower back has been damaged countless times. I used to be strong, but due to accidents/work/having a baby I stopped lifting a while ago and became sedentry. I am sick of being weak, so I have cleared out a spot in my garage and dug out all my old weights. I have about 300-400 lbs of plates, an old wobbly York adjustable bench, a stationary bike, an old rowing machine, and a bunch of various bars and dumbells. Last week I started a basic strength routine (push/upper body, day off, pull/lower body, day or two off). I am sticking to basic exercises (bench/deadlift/military press, etc). I am weak but I will one day be strong!:)

Keep up the good work man, don't give up the fight!

We need some ROCKY music playing right about now:D

GameofInches
02-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Here we go man, this is the place to be for motivation. Stick with it and keep fighting

Chubb
02-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the support!:D

Feb 18th
Deadlift: 125x5, 125x5, 145x7, 165x3, 185x2, 185x2, 145x7

I also did some one arm rows and incline curls, and a few high rep sets of body weight squats (keeps the knees lubricated).

robert da strongman
02-18-2009, 05:07 PM
good stuff

Chubb
02-24-2009, 01:47 AM
Feb 23

Low Incline Press:
85x10
105x5
125x3
145x3
145x3
145x3
125x8

I also did 2 sets of DB shoulder presses and 3 sets of 1DB overhead tri extensions.

A quick question: About how long do you guys think I should go before changing main exercises? Until gains stall, or sooner?

timmytimm3
03-13-2009, 08:32 AM
If your bench is wobbling, get a better used one! At the very least it will throw off your concentration and you could get really messed up if it breaks. People are practically giving them away in the paper all the time.

Good luck with everything!