PDA

View Full Version : Best way to cook chicken without a Foreman Grill

Frosty
02-17-2009, 09:34 PM
What is the best way to cook up delicious chicken breast without using a Foreman Grill or anything non-stick?

Northman
02-18-2009, 01:13 AM
Steam it, oven on foil, roast it over a campfire.

Viking
02-18-2009, 01:19 AM
Oven foil with veggies FTW!!

Chefbone
02-18-2009, 01:44 AM
Pre-heat the oven to 375.....season the chix.....heated pan....minimal oil....skin side down....cook for a few minutes or just until the skin is browning on the edges......Maybe some aromatics on top of the chix breast (carrot, celerey, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary...etc)...Place in the oven....DO NOT FLIP THE CHIX!!!! SKIN SIDE DOWN. .....6-10 minutes later, depending on thickness....remove from oven....remove aromatics.
You can remove the skin or you can eat it.....this method will make the skin crispy, evenly and every time.

Chef

nitro
02-18-2009, 03:56 AM
Cut it real small and grill it with garlic salt

Dan
02-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Season with cracked pepper\salt and rub with mac nut oil and onto the BBQ.
Cut it thin or butterfly the fillet so it cooks faster

musclegoddess65
02-18-2009, 07:32 PM
I have found that baking it or using my foreman grill has been making it much to dry... and when you are eating what feels like 5 or 6 chickens a week, who can deal with it dry....

I've been cubing it up, tossing various spices on it, heating up some Mac Nut Oil in my wok and cooking it that way... it really helps in keeping it nice and moist...

buckimscl
02-18-2009, 07:40 PM
I have gotten off of the tenders and breasts and have started eating bs thighs. More flavor and they don't turn into hockey pucks. I know the fat is a little higher but I just adjust in other areas.

needtogetaas
02-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Easy bulk chicken recipe.
take 5 large boneless skinless chicken breasts. Place them in a big bowl. cover them with olive oil,fresh minced garlic,minced fresh basil, Fresh rosemary <-(not to much) and some fresh lemon juice (about 1-2 whole lemons). Let set in fridge for at least an hour (the longer the better and overnight is best) .

Place in covered backing dish and back at 350 for 20 mins. On cover and cook till an internal temp of 165 f.

You can use this chicken on everything. Cut it up and throw it on salads. Slice it then and make a sandwich ( I like it with a little pesto and Romona cheese), put in soups,on top of rice or just it it as is.

Its a versatile recipe that a lot of restaurants use all the time. They make it up in huge batches and use the chicken in everything. Even pizza. Pretty healthy too.

Chefbone
02-18-2009, 10:19 PM
I have gotten off of the tenders and breasts and have started eating bs thighs. More flavor and they don't turn into hockey pucks. I know the fat is a little higher but I just adjust in other areas.
I posted some a Braised Chix Thigh recipe over on The Source Check....it's effin' delicious. You won't be disappointed.

Chef

buckimscl
02-19-2009, 01:38 AM
I posted some a Braised Chix Thigh recipe over on The Source Check....it's effin' delicious. You won't be disappointed.

Chef

Thanks

Spauldo
02-20-2009, 01:11 AM
I always use the grill. Been doing it for years. I got chicken down to a science. Its always juicy and tastes great

Iron Muscle
02-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Boil the chicken breast, It comes out very tender and juicy and you can throw whatever flavoring or spices in the water with it

Bryan Hildebrand
02-20-2009, 11:04 PM
I boil mine whole, after they have cooled, sliced very thin for the wok. add mac or olive oil, a touch of balsamic, soy, splenda, salt, pepper, paprika, a touch of fish sauce and wok them on high. let the sauce carmelize. dont work the meat too hard. thats the key to keeping them moist and bringing out more of the sweet/smokey flavor.

Sledge
02-20-2009, 11:20 PM
I cook it in the slow cooker. About 10-15 chicken breasts a buch of herbs and somewater enough to cover. coock for 3-3 1/2 hours on high. Tender moist yum. I cook s couplre of weeks worth that way then freez it in ziplok bags

buckimscl
02-21-2009, 01:31 AM
I do a dry rub with various spices and rub a small amount of EVOO and let the feasting begin.

Theobeselifter
03-27-2009, 03:07 PM
What is the best way to cook up delicious chicken breast without using a Foreman Grill or anything non-stick?

How about on a REAL grill. You know the kind you use charcoal for.

red barraca
03-27-2009, 03:46 PM
bake chicken breast in mac oil then douse it with franks hot sauce,pertend its hot wings.yum

BigJD69
03-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Grill it the warm weather is coming. Try maranading your chicken in barbecue sauce and beer taste is AWESOME!!!!

pittbull
03-27-2009, 08:24 PM
I work 3rd shift so what I do alot of times is pour some chicken broth in to a crock pot, throw in about 6-8 boneless, skinless ckn brsts, cut up an onion or two, throw em in and let it cook for about 8-10 hours on slow....by the time I get up they are done and I havent had to stand over them or watch them either. They come out so juicy and tender. Love it. you can even throw in a little packet of lipton onion soup mix if you want.

tommy gunn
03-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Bake it in foil and put Italian dressin on it right before its done just cook it slow so it dont dry out

danger
04-24-2009, 02:20 AM

i switched to thighs also, much easier to eat and the taste is perfect.

stephaniewicked
04-28-2009, 02:56 PM
- Place breasts/tenders in an oven-safe pan with just enough water to coat the bottom of the pan (I usually apply nonstick spray first too just to be safe)
- Season (I use black pepper, onion flakes and red pepper flakes)
- Drizzle garlic-flavored red wine vinegar over the chicken and put in the oven for 375-400 degrees until cooked.

DONE! :)

tattoodaddy
06-04-2009, 09:53 PM
tried it loved it thanx!