PDA

View Full Version : Ny sport club manager came up to me today and said i was banging the weights too hard

DECABEATZ
02-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Unbelievable ! I told him im one of the few guys that actually trains hard here i will try to do my best i cant wait intill i land another job this @&$#*#& economy sucks. Forced to train here cause i had to live back with mom. As soon as i land another job im dying to go back to a hardcore gym these p#^&@ ass gyms i tell ya!!!!!!!!!!!

flexingtonsteele
02-17-2009, 10:09 PM
U were banging the weights bro! thats disgusting.

Razer
02-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Next time tell him the weights are made of steel, you're not so rather than pulling something you will continue to bang the weights.

tiramisu
02-17-2009, 10:39 PM
I wish more gyms had bumpers and lifting platforms. I gave up and made my own in the basement.

Mike Marcano
02-17-2009, 10:57 PM
I just came from my workout in NYSC, it just depends on the location, some are more welcoming to the bodybuilding crowd. I know one or two NYSC that have weights that go up to 150's. I know I drop the dumbbells over 100lbs and I never hear shit.

huge285
02-17-2009, 11:12 PM
These gym owners must not work out .......because, if they did, they'd know that when you lift heavy weights, they make noise!

JOHNNYBOY
02-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Ny sports club would not be a place to have ''hardcore'' workouts lol !

kraken
02-17-2009, 11:17 PM
These gym owners must not work out .......because, if they did, they'd know that when you lift heavy weights, they make noise!
But noise scares away the "others" who train there. Money wise "they" make up more $ than the people who know how to train hard and heavy.

mr.genetics
02-17-2009, 11:24 PM
But noise scares away the "others" who train there. Money wise "they" make up more $ than the people who know how to train hard and heavy.

This is so true. The gyms that make money aren't gyms at all. They are "Fitness Clubs". There is becoming more and more of a difference.

nitro
02-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Just start grunting louder

BigJD69
02-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Which one were you training at in Westchester????

Razer
02-18-2009, 12:02 AM
I tell ya what, down a little extra protein and next time he comes over meet him half way with a silent but deadly fart! You know the type, the ones that make your eyes water and you ass burn....

Bryan Hildebrand
02-18-2009, 09:03 AM
theres a difference between banging them together when locking out on presses and just dropping them on the floor indifferently. from the owners perspective, when you drop 150's and bend the handles, they have to be repaired. if they are one piece units, they have to be shipped out. wanna pay to have them fixed AND shipping on 300+ palloted lbs, both ways just because 2-3 guys in the gym cant properly control the weight they are using? there is more than one perspectve to having heavy db's in the gym.

Relentless
02-18-2009, 09:05 AM

I got a similar response yesterday while pressing 110 lb dumbbells (not even that much weight). Suffice to say, I will not be renewing my membership at this gym when it comes up for renewal in a couple of months.

wnybodybuildingfan
02-18-2009, 09:13 AM
We Interupt This Programming To Bring You The Following Breaking News:The President Of The United States signed a Bill today that from this day on bans anyone from grunting, farting, sweating, clanging, or grimacing while performing any weight related exercises.

We Now Return To Our Regular Programming Already In Progress.

fuknjacked
02-18-2009, 09:54 AM
theres a difference between banging them together when locking out on presses and just dropping them on the floor indifferently. from the owners perspective, when you drop 150's and bend the handles, they have to be repaired. if they are one piece units, they have to be shipped out. wanna pay to have them fixed AND shipping on 300+ palloted lbs, both ways just because 2-3 guys in the gym cant properly control the weight they are using? there is more than one perspectve to having heavy db's in the gym.

Yup, if the weights are so heavy that you have to drop them from 2-3 feet in the air, the weights are probably too heavy. I'd rather work out my muscles than my ego.

BigJD69
02-18-2009, 11:15 AM
The NYSC I train at in the Hawthorne/Thornwood area of Westchester County NY, pretty much let you do whatcha gotta do. I have never seen or heard them harass anyone about dropping weights or being too loud. Trust me there are a lot of guys that are on, that train there!

BABOON
02-18-2009, 11:19 AM
How much noise you are allowed to make in a non-bodybuilding is directly related to how big you are and how long it's been since you last had a shave.

The fact that someone approached you means that you either have room to grow, or you aren't sporting any stubble. Or both.

BigJD69
02-18-2009, 11:23 AM
So don't shave and no one will bother you???

Big Al
02-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Banging the weights.....I always thought that what you are suppose to do in the gym....:p

DECABEATZ
02-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Lol lol it was white plains nysc

DECABEATZ
02-18-2009, 03:20 PM
My home gym is in croton but i had to move back in with mom grrrrrrrrrrr

MASKOAA
02-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Yea dont shave and you instantly add 15lbs of badass to your body. I didnt shave all winter and just wore a skull cap to the gym and nobody bothered me and I dont even weigh that much 205.

JasonR
02-18-2009, 03:48 PM
The NYSC on West 4th in the city is pretty ok for lifting hard. I think they have dumbbells that go up to 150Lbs.

Not too shabby for a NYSC, even though I will never step foot in one of those establishments again!!

BigJD69
02-18-2009, 03:57 PM
DECABEATZ try the one on 9A it's either Hawthorne or Thornwood, NY there are big guys that train heavy there and I have never seen or heard anyone getting harassed!

DECABEATZ
02-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Yea i heard of the one in hawthorne one of these days i will check out

Jake
02-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Lol

What a loser... how do people like this end up managing/owning a gym?
I yell and clang my weights like a fukin idiot.... thank goodness i train a gym that puts up with that crap!

greuceanu
02-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Save 2k in the future and build your own home gym.

kevin wheeler
02-18-2009, 05:49 PM
What NY Sportsclub management really needs to ban is fat ass people wearing short striped spandex pants and string tank tops(you ever see King Kamali in the offseason?)

MASKOAA
02-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Save 2k in the future and build your own home gym.

Not everyone has the room for it. 2k is easy enough to come up with but the room is another problem entirely.

greuceanu
02-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Not everyone has the room for it. 2k is easy enough to come up with but the room is another problem entirely.

That's true but you could still get some minimal equipment like an adjustable bench,barbell with plates and dumbbells and save yourself the headache on some days at least.

Unless you live in Japan:)

hrd
02-18-2009, 06:28 PM
That's true but you could still get some minimal equipment like an adjustable bench,barbell with plates and dumbbells and save yourself the headache on some days at least.

Unless you live in Japan:)

I live in Japan...no room here! On the bright side, I'm the biggest guy in the gym :D

greuceanu
02-18-2009, 06:30 PM
I live in Japan...no room here! On the bright side, I'm the biggest guy in the gym :D

You live in Japan for real? Damn, those apartments are like shoeboxes. Guess you get used to it after a while.

TigerUpperCut
02-18-2009, 11:27 PM
what exercise where you doing?

JudgeX
02-19-2009, 12:39 AM
My home gym is in croton but i had to move back in with mom grrrrrrrrrrr

I train at Croton NYSC. Sometimes I throw the 8 lb dumbbells at the mirror just to let the managers know their place. They should be happy to hear an occasional 'clink' on my watch, even if it's me flat pressing the 35 lb dumbbells. Doh!

If you can get a pass from your mom, you should come back to Croton for a day.

GameofInches
02-19-2009, 12:24 PM
I train at Croton NYSC. Sometimes I throw the 8 lb dumbbells at the mirror just to let the managers know their place. They should be happy to hear an occasional 'clink' on my watch, even if it's me flat pressing the 35 lb dumbbells. Doh!

If you can get a pass from your mom, you should come back to Croton for a day.

WOW, I had no idea you live in Westchester. Do you train at the Croton NYSC regularly? It would be cool to get a workout in with you one of these days!

Koubs
02-19-2009, 01:13 PM
It's impossible to find a hardcore gym... It'd be like 45 minutes away for me... I lift at Lifetime Fitness cause at least they have a ton of equipment... 'banging the weights' or 'grunting' too loud, etc is just something that happens when you lift HARD AND HEAVY....

that shit pisses me off when someone tries to say something about it, but it just causes me to be LOUDER on my next set... No one has said something more than once, i think they get the picture that it's just how things are going to be.........

BigJD69
02-19-2009, 01:20 PM
The Day of the Hardcore Gym is over esp in Westchester. Commercial real-estate is so expensive!

MartyMcFly
02-19-2009, 02:01 PM
you're scarying the member bro!! Get real! J/K man, bang those mudafuggin weights.

GameofInches
02-19-2009, 03:24 PM
I left the commercial gym scene in August and will never look back. I bought my own equip and train out of my house. Worked out great

KingDeathMetal
02-19-2009, 04:15 PM
I don't get it, what does being unemployed have to do with being forced to work out at NY Sports Clubs? NYSC is expensive as hell, whereas most hardcore gyms will charge you much less to work out. Be smart, save your money, and switch gyms!

GameofInches
02-19-2009, 04:43 PM
I don't get it, what does being unemployed have to do with being forced to work out at NY Sports Clubs? NYSC is expensive as hell, whereas most hardcore gyms will charge you much less to work out. Be smart, save your money, and switch gyms!

There are no hardcore gyms in that area.

Sledge
02-19-2009, 05:29 PM
You could always stop banging the weights. I know sometimes it's unavoidable but there are lots of guys out there who make as much noise as they can putting the weights on and taking them off. There is no need to slam each plate into place with a clang that resounds around the entire gym. It's kinda a look at me look how much weight I'm lifting thing. Same goes for grunting. Sometimes grunts just come out when your lifting. But hell there is no need to complete each rep with an almighty roar. Cunts like that just make me laugh it's another pay attention to me pay attention to me call.

greuceanu
02-19-2009, 06:26 PM
I left the commercial gym scene in August and will never look back. I bought my own equip and train out of my house. Worked out great

x2.Only go to the commercial gym 3-4times a month, mostly for my wife's needs.Will probably drop the membership soon.

GameofInches
02-19-2009, 08:20 PM
I left the gym b/c it didn't have the equip. I need for my training. I train strongman and there was not any equip that would align itself with that or even with true powerlifting.

BadAssBarbie
02-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Every afternoon, when I'm at my gym doing my second round of cardio(ugh), they make an announcement over the loud speaker...telling everyone "For the safety of those around you, please refrain from dropping the weights." At that time of day, there's not even anyone there dropping any weights! At least I don't hear it. I guess it sounds louder downstairs...like the ceiling's gonna cave in or something. I DONNO! The announcements are getting annoying. Then again, pretty much everything annoys me these days!

BigJD69
02-19-2009, 10:00 PM
King Death Metal Westchester isn't like L.I. NYSC has put all the old hardcore gyms out of business in Westchester. I am in L.I. a lot and there are a lot more gyms there!

DECABEATZ
02-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Yea i wanna move to li so bad to train at powerhouse in syosset. Hopefully someday thats my dream! And as for croton yea i can look u up one day i will let u know i train late like 7pm

JudgeX
02-19-2009, 11:19 PM
As most of you Crotonites probably know, NYSC Croton was formerly a relatively hardcore Gold's Gym. But they have been slowly pussifying the gym over the last few years and I've told the GM that if they ban grunting or weight clinking, I'll just start shitting on the floor and wiping my ass on the benches.

Still, I'm surprised to see so many 914s here. I've trained at Powerhouse Syosset and the equipment isn't that varied. The main difference is the percentage of guys on gear.

Croton: 25%
Syosset: 95%

qbanfreak90
02-19-2009, 11:42 PM
i hate when that happens they come up to you telling not to drop the weights cuz is gonna crack da floor!

MrDiamondCalves
02-20-2009, 05:48 AM
We had a guy down here in New Zealand who got kicked out of his gym just for grunting..

BigJD69
02-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Never been to Bev's and Steve's Gym, but from all the video's I watched on MD.com that gym really doesn't impress me. I had the honor of training at the Mecca of BBing back in 89, Gold's and even World's, Gold's was by far my favorite gym!!!

DECABEATZ
02-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Yea i do remember when it was gold's anyway yea i heard so many good things about bev's they have a lot of different machines and the atmosphere is more hardcorish. Its extremely hard these days to find a hardcore gym. Metroflex being the top - thats another gym i must train at before i die. I gotta find a training partner too again 1 that is dedicated these nysc is it me or everyone trains like my grandmother. Once i start working again i i will be able to move out of moms house and explore again and find somebody that is as hardcore as me!

BigJD69
02-20-2009, 01:43 PM
DECABEATZ or any one else interested in the Westchester area there's a gym called Phoenix Gym located in Tuckahoe. A buddy of mine knows the owner and trains there!!! Look it up online

DECABEATZ
02-20-2009, 01:45 PM
K thanks bigjd69

DECABEATZ
02-20-2009, 01:50 PM
bigjd69 i see you sent a pm im not sure how to respond.this pm thing is new to me since i just got out of the can last year. Lost 14 months of my life and behind on the technology.

greuceanu
02-20-2009, 05:04 PM
I left the gym b/c it didn't have the equip.

Same here.Got tired of asking for a couple of 100 lbers and being bs-ed.

Canuck_Muscle
02-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Every city should have a Metroflex so we would not have this problem. U would never hear Brian saying to u oh man calm down with the banging and pick those pink dumbells up off the floor and put them in the rack u silly boy.