2 cups all-purpose flour (2 cups oats)
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
3/4 cup splenda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. all spice
1/4 tsp. cloves (pumpkin spice seasoning)
15 oz. canned pumpkin
2 eggs (4 egg whites)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (almond milk)

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour into baking sheet or muffin tin that is lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Frosting:
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup splenda
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 tbsp. skim milk (almond milk)

Mix together and drizzle over cake/muffins once it has had a chance to cool.

*My ingredient substitutes in parenthesis.

2hot4u
07-06-2009, 06:25 PM
i saw this and cant wait to try!!! was it good???

stephaniewicked
07-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Yes, definitely recommend giving it a try! :)

SoxFan11
07-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Wow. That sounds incredible!

The Big Sexy
07-07-2009, 01:37 AM
that's a fuckton of ingredients... LOL - I highly doubt my skills in the kitchen would pull that off... if it isn't protein, I can't cook it (other than rice, oatmeal, and pasta) LOL

SoxFan11
07-07-2009, 01:48 AM
Come on. It's a simple recipe. Don't let the number of ingredients scare you, broseph.

stephaniewicked
07-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Lou - I'm the same way... when I see lots of ingredients, I'm like "the hell with that!" LOL. I already had most of them though, which made it seem less intimidating. If I have to make a special shopping trip just so I can make a recipe, it's usually not worth it. This was a good one though, so I rolled with it. I'm sure you can make a simpler version using oats, canned pumpkin and a little stevia... much less work and it should taste just as good! :)

Biggie973
07-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Looks pretty good.

the_gift
07-07-2009, 09:26 PM
looks more like a cheat meal?? how many carbs and sugar are in that?

Heather Grace
07-08-2009, 09:38 AM
OOOOO-weeee:D I'm def going to give this a try after the USAs! (modified though.. it looks like WAY too much splenda- I bet stevia would work better anyway):hungry:

BEAST MODE
07-08-2009, 09:40 AM
I think I need to go change my pants...this sounds amazing.

stephaniewicked
07-08-2009, 10:34 AM
looks more like a cheat meal?? how many carbs and sugar are in that?

Carbs are mainly from the 2 cups oats and no sugar... just make sure to get the plain canned pumpkin and not the sweetened up version (pumpkin pie filling)... it looks worse than it is!

OOOOO-weeee:D I'm def going to give this a try after the USAs! (modified though.. it looks like WAY too much splenda- I bet stevia would work better anyway):hungry:

I agree! I only use stevia as my daily sweetener, but for such a large quantity, I didn't think I had enough packets to rip open. :( Does anyone know if there's a place to buy stevia in the box for use in cooking/baking, like splenda has?

LisaRD23
07-08-2009, 10:56 AM
If you make it to Toms River on Saturday you're gonna have to bring me some muffins:D

Do you have a trader joe's near you? I've seen Stevia in a box/container there.

stephaniewicked
07-08-2009, 11:37 AM
If you make it to Toms River on Saturday you're gonna have to bring me some muffins:D

Do you have a trader joe's near you? I've seen Stevia in a box/container there.

Jon finished the rest of it last night, but I could make some more Friday night to bring Saturday morning! :p

The closest Whole Foods or Trader Joes are both like 45 minutes away, so I've never been. :( I think I'm going to plan a grocery shopping day JUST to make a special stop there though because there's so many things I want/need that I can't get at ShopRite or A&P.

summerset
07-26-2009, 12:36 AM
I order bottles of stevia powder from Netrition or Amazon. Sweet Leaf Stevia powder. 1/4 tsp = 1/2 cup sugar or something like that.