PDA

View Full Version : I've seen it all!!!!!!

esplendido
02-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Doin' legs tonight, and I look over by the dumbbell rack to see a stupid, flabby, college chick with her cell phone cradled between her shoulder and ear, talking on it WHILE DOING LATERAL FLIES with 10lb dumbbells!!!!!

Then she puts one of the DB's down, holds the phone to her left ear and performs one armed front raises with her free hand and a 10lb DB.....STILL TALKING ON THE PHONE!!!!

She went through 6 sets of 2 exercises without putting down the phone!

And it was the one night I didn't bring my Sig 9mil with me! WTF!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Spauldo
02-17-2009, 11:16 PM
I hate that shit. When you see idiot fucks at the gym talking on there cell phones. There just wasting time and wasting space. I hate it when there on a machine or in my way and there like. Dude Im still doing my sets. Its like No you fuck your talking to your gay lover. I try to keep it cool and not make a scene.

kraken
02-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Why does this even suprise you?
How many car wrecks do you almost see happen by the same idiots?

Viking
02-17-2009, 11:25 PM
Welcome to an American gym....

esplendido
02-17-2009, 11:28 PM
I've seen the phones....but never pinched between shoulder and cheek to accommodate a set of flies!!!!

kraken
02-17-2009, 11:31 PM
I've seen the phones....but never pinched between shoulder and cheek to accommodate a set of flies!!!!
Very sad I'm sure it just doesn't suprise me at all. Maybe you should have kicked a swiss ball in her direction.

Bubba Bronko
02-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Broads.....

esplendido
02-17-2009, 11:36 PM
I hate this generation of gyms. I understand the "why". It's the only way they can make money. I just wish we had a hardcore gym in our area. The wife and I are the anomaly, not the norm.

Of course, members at my gym usually understand that when I ask, "can I work in with you", it's not a question........

Razer
02-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Like I mentioned in the "Banging Weights" thread, if you're in her area just send her a sweet airgram in the form of a fart or grunt loud to where she can't hear her stupid conversation.

47ronin
02-18-2009, 12:23 AM
There's a guy at my gym that brings a book w/ him when he works out. He'll do a set of barbell bench then crack open his hard back book and read for about 5 minutes. I want to ask him if he goes to the library to lift weights.

Formula94
02-18-2009, 12:45 AM
If I see someone who is just sitting and talking for an excessive amount of time I just go fart by them. Seems to get just about everybody in the area moving a little faster, lol

Por2gue
02-18-2009, 01:24 AM
To bad you forgot your weapon.

Angela123
02-18-2009, 01:46 AM
gosh, i despise college girls. i live in a college town. i see so many stupid, skinny-fat girls do stupid shit like that. though ive never seen anything that bad. that would have annoyed me so much.

BIGSNOR
02-18-2009, 01:57 AM
saw the EXACT same thing like two weeks ago....it must be a new hollywood style workout lol. must have missed that flex or muscle and fitness hers haha.

Chris the Swede
02-18-2009, 03:13 AM
Pisses me off, there should be a no cell-phone policy! :confused:

PowerAdder
02-18-2009, 03:27 AM
see it on a daily basis.

nitro
02-18-2009, 04:02 AM
I seen a guy doing concreate curls with mobile in other hand texting.

MrDiamondCalves
02-18-2009, 04:03 AM
I saw some dude do that in my gym the other day. Allmost fell over...how can any one be giving 100% when there talking on there phone.

Rule number 1 - Leave your ego and your cell phone at the door!

GrayBull
02-18-2009, 05:26 AM
I take my cell phone into the gym. I even text between sets sometimes. And still somehow manage to get in grueling workouts that put my non-texting training partners to the floor. Weird.

JWolfe
02-18-2009, 06:53 AM
That is actually a new movement that Charles Glass is using with his clients, you have to have the phone on the weaker side and it puts your arm in a better position to hit the side delt. :rolleyes:

pittbull
02-18-2009, 08:31 AM
That is fuckin ridiculous man!! what a joke...I love the fart trick, I'll have to try that next time, lmao!!!!

fchris1
02-18-2009, 08:34 AM
yea i used to hate when my training partner wouldnt be able to make it and u have to train with someone else randomly most times and they answer there phone everytime it rings

BananaHammock
02-18-2009, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=esplendido;31176] I just wish we had a hardcore gym in our area.[QUOTE]

Esplendido

http://steelegym.com

It is not that close to you but it isn't that far either. I worked out there when I first started working out. Make sure you read the owner's bio.

esplendido
02-18-2009, 12:19 PM
[quote=esplendido;31176] I just wish we had a hardcore gym in our area.[quote]

Esplendido

http://steelegym.com

It is not that close to you but it isn't that far either. I worked out there when I first started working out. Make sure you read the owner's bio.

I'm familiar with that gym, UK, but all the way north in Gladstone is an hour drive for me. My gym is 5 minutes away and the time savings is worth the aggrevation of idiots. But thank you for looking into it for me :)

ebfitness
02-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Pisses me off, there should be a no cell-phone policy! :confused:

My gym has a,"no cell phone" policy. But that doesn't keep the friggin nimrods off their stupid phones! I usually tell them to take it out to the lobby. Of course, they always look at me like I'm the BIGGEST asshole on the planet.

Youngguns
02-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Imagine walking up to them, taking their phone and tossing it on the ground, picking up a 100lbs DB and smashing it, and laughing at the fat morons face. Maybe then they'd realise what a waste they are.

Mike Hunt
02-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Imagine walking up to them, taking their phone and tossing it on the ground, picking up a 100lbs DB and smashing it, and laughing at the fat morons face. Maybe then they'd realise what a waste they are.
That would be great to see.

InfinityCrisis6
02-18-2009, 02:03 PM

X30 I wanna Film That. :D

Big Al
02-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Pure thing, don't know nothing about bluetooth and hands free devices.......

MASKOAA
02-18-2009, 02:42 PM
I dont see what the problem is in this PARTICULAR circumstance, its not like she was sitting on a bench taking up space to use her phone she was working out at the same time, thats alittle different then the guy reading a book for 5 minutes at a time.

MichaelWayne
02-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Next time you see her, take the time to pick up a 45lb plate (gotta make sure she isn't facing a mirror) and chuck that thing at her as hard as possible.
or
Just walk up, pretend like you're going to ask her a question, when she removes the phone from her face that resembles a tube of pudding, take the phone and hang it up. People are so weak that she won't even complain about what just happened. Make sure you say 'TAH-DAH', when you hang it up.

DECABEATZ
02-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Wait wait what about the texters come to the gym to train if not go home!