PDA

View Full Version : Contest Day Hair

LisaRD23
07-07-2009, 09:23 AM
I have noticed that a straight blow out seems to be the popular hair style of choice for contest day...looking at the top 5 pics...we all had straight hair.

I have naturally curly hair and it looks nice "big" and I can make it tame or wild. My last show I went with the blow out straight look....I'm thinking of switching it up this Saturday, but not sure if I should.

Any suggestions ladies?

GirlyMuscle
07-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Let's see pics of curly and straight. Then we can tell ya!

sassy69
07-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Need pix! The straight look seems so polished and gives you a nice thing to "flip" when you do your quarter turns. On the other hand, if its long, its going to be sticking to your back if you're sweating under the lights.

Me personally, I've got fine hair and I just want it up & off my back. I used a clip-on ponytail last show - It made things sooo easy, but it started to look a little crappy after a while.

I guess I'd go for what is most convenient to do and manage over the course of the day. W/ my fine hair, it just starts to go flat and won't hold a curl or any styling, but also isn't heavy enough to be nice, long & straight. So I"m exploring extensions this time around.....

LisaRD23
07-07-2009, 04:51 PM
I'll have to find/take some pics tonight....I'm now thinking that straight might be eaiser in the morning...just run my fingers through and go.

tammyp
07-07-2009, 05:45 PM
curls can seem frizzy under lights..take it from a curly head!

LisaRD23
07-08-2009, 09:54 AM
I talked to my husband about it last night...he said my hair looks great curly...but reminded me of how easy it is to have it straight...and also reminded me of the fact that in order to have my hair curly, I'd have to wet my hair in the morning that it will probally drip on to my tan.

I hate it when he sees these points that I don't.

I meant to post a picture, but I couln't find a recent one then I just ended up wearing my hair in a pony tail this morning:rolleyes: Ah well.

LisaRD23
07-13-2009, 12:58 PM
I went curly:)

stephaniewicked
07-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Thankfully it wasn't humid on Saturday, so I'm sure that helped the hair situation too! ;) I like it both ways... you wear them both well!