PDA

View Full Version : spices during the cutting

dert
07-07-2009, 03:07 PM
During the period of cutting, in the diet, used spices
(oregano, marjoram, cinnamon, red pepper, rosemary etc. ..)to give flavor to chicken, beef, fish, eggs?

Legend
07-07-2009, 11:09 PM
During the period of cutting, in the diet, used spices
(oregano, marjoram, cinnamon, red pepper, rosemary etc. ..)to give flavor to chicken, beef, fish, eggs?

Are you asking if these are ok to use when dieting?

If so, then yes, these are all fine, as long as when you say red pepper, you mean cayenne pepper.

AVBG
07-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Spices can make dieting easier and keep in mind unless you have a bp or heart problems salting your food is essential even whilst dieting.

dert
07-08-2009, 03:09 AM
Thanks for the answers:)

yes, I am asking if these are ok to use, when in the diet for cutting.

My fear is that using spices may not be able to cut.
But if you tell me that they can also be used in cutting stò then more quiet

Legend
07-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Spices can make dieting easier and keep in mind unless you have a bp or heart problems salting your food is essential even whilst dieting.

Agreed.

I feel salting foods and adding extra sea salt (about 1/4 tsp. per meal) is even more essential during dieting.

Legend
07-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the answers:)

yes, I am asking if these are ok to use, when in the diet for cutting.

My fear is that using spices may not be able to cut.
But if you tell me that they can also be used in cutting stò then more quiet

They are fine.

Here is a small list of culinary herbs and spices that are perfectly fine to use.

Sea salt/Kosher salt
Pepper

Basil
Cayenne pepper
Chives
Cilantro
Cinnamon
Cumin
Dill
Fennel
Garlic Powder
Oregano
Onion powder
Paprika
Parsley
Ginger
Rosemary
Sage
Smoked Paprika
Tarragon
Thyme

Frosty
07-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Many spices are VERY beneficial for overall health and some even for dieting.

InHonorInMind
08-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Agreed.

I feel salting foods and adding extra sea salt (about 1/4 tsp. per meal) is even more essential during dieting.

This is the 3rd time I've read this on the boards....I was always under the notion that more salt is bad and if you're dieting you should try to cut back on the salt (or not dieting, just cut back on sodium in general)...but then I read here and on a few other boards that you should use salt liberally when dieting.....can someone explain what the verdict is, and why?

THANKS! :p

DAVIDHARDY
08-19-2009, 02:47 PM
This is the 3rd time I've read this on the boards....I was always under the notion that more salt is bad and if you're dieting you should try to cut back on the salt (or not dieting, just cut back on sodium in general)...but then I read here and on a few other boards that you should use salt liberally when dieting.....can someone explain what the verdict is, and why?

THANKS! :p

Salt helps to pull water into the muscles and give you a pump in the gym. Also, with the amount of water that you are drinking, it helps balance your electrolytes. If you've ever dieted and couldn't figure out why you couldn't stop cramping up, it has a lot to do with the electrolytes being"washed out" by the upped intake of water and decrease in salt. It can also make you dizzy. Sea salt has a lot of necessary minerals in it whereas table salt is stripped of its minerals during processing. I wouldn't recommend cutting salt unless you are taking in a shitload and have high blood pressure or are getting ready for a show.

CallofDuty4
08-19-2009, 06:08 PM
They are fine.

Here is a small list of culinary herbs and spices that are perfectly fine to use.

Sea salt/Kosher salt
Pepper

Basil
Cayenne pepper
Chives
Cilantro
Cinnamon
Cumin
Dill
Fennel
Garlic Powder
Oregano
Onion powder
Paprika
Parsley
Ginger
Rosemary
Sage
Smoked Paprika
Tarragon
Thyme

How bout Fresh Garlic, or Garlic flakes?.....how bout Weber's "kickin chicken" ..Weber "Roasted Garlic and Herbs"

InHonorInMind
08-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Salt helps to pull water into the muscles and give you a pump in the gym. Also, with the amount of water that you are drinking, it helps balance your electrolytes. If you've ever dieted and couldn't figure out why you couldn't stop cramping up, it has a lot to do with the electrolytes being"washed out" by the upped intake of water and decrease in salt. It can also make you dizzy. Sea salt has a lot of necessary minerals in it whereas table salt is stripped of its minerals during processing. I wouldn't recommend cutting salt unless you are taking in a shitload and have high blood pressure or are getting ready for a show.

Great info! Thank you!! Yeh I switch to sea salt and I love it!

DAVIDHARDY
08-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Great info! Thank you!! Yeh I switch to sea salt and I love it!

No problem. I like the texture of sea salt better than regular old table salt. I use the grinders. There is a garlic sea salt grinder that I love.

Legend
08-19-2009, 11:55 PM

Huh????

This is when you really need the sodium.....what ever you do don't cut sodium when dieting.

Legend
08-20-2009, 12:02 AM
How bout Fresh Garlic, or Garlic flakes?

A little garlic/flakes is fine.

.....how bout Weber's "kickin chicken" ..Weber "Roasted Garlic and Herbs"

Read the ingredients, if there is no sugar, maltodextrin, dextrose, etc. its fine.

DAVIDHARDY
08-20-2009, 05:42 AM
Huh????

This is when you really need the sodium.....what ever you do don't cut sodium when dieting.

I'm talking about the last day or two. I was unclear, sorry for the misconception.

Legend
08-20-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm talking about the last day or two. I was unclear, sorry for the misconception.

Oh, ok

Yeah, sodium gets cut the Friday morning before the show.

The Ultimate Warrior
09-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Long live sea salt!

flipper
09-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Is it because sea salt is better for you then regular table salt?

DAVIDHARDY
09-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Is it because sea salt is better for you then regular table salt?

Yes; a lot of minerals are stripped from table salt when they process it.