PDA

View Full Version : Protein Pancakes

Zetawill
07-07-2009, 07:08 PM
On this recipe, please feel free to change around ingredients for taste and experiment with other fruits, nuts, or anything else of your choice.

These pancakes can be used for anytime you are on the go, as they freeze well for up to 45 days. I will say I do prefer them fresh, but I will take the frozen over fast food any day!

8 whole eggs
1-1 1/2 cups of Ground Slow Cooked Oats/Oatmeal (Do not pre-cook. I use my coffee grinder to grind the Oats)
1 whole banana
6-8 packets of Splenda, Stevia, or Equal
1-2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
1/4 to 1/2 cup of Almonds
Mix all ingredients in a blender (I personally recommend the Oster brand of blenders - great price and they last for forever and have extremely powerful motors). I usually set the blender to puree or mix and let it blend for 1-2 minutes.
Heat your pan using medium heat. For oil I recommend Macadamia Nut Oil (it is hard to find and yes you can get it at our store), or Extra Virgin Olive Oil (only use brands in a dark bottle). The only problem with the Olive Oil is that it burns real easily and I prefer the taste of Macadamia Nut Oil.
Pour out your "pancake batter" into the pan as you would any normal pancake batter and cook to desired color.

Another option is to pour into muffin cups and cook in the oven at 300 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Taste like banana nut muffins.
I have also used blueberries, strawberries, dried cranberries (as muffins), raisins. I have even mixed in protein (vanilla and strawberry) to get a fast acting protein in the pancakes.
If you have any additions to this recipe please pm them to me. I am always looking for new and innovative ways to change up my eggs!