PDA

View Full Version : sweaty palms

robert da strongman
07-07-2009, 08:00 PM
need something to keep my hands dry. cant use chalk...
towel just doesnt cut it. any ideas?

oh yeah would be beneficial for stones too. drenched forearms dont take tacky well.

BK
07-07-2009, 08:16 PM
need something to keep my hands dry. cant use chalk...
towel just doesnt cut it. any ideas?

oh yeah would be beneficial for stones too. drenched forearms dont take tacky well.
As far as putting tacky on. rub your forearms down with some chalk before you apply tacky.
As far as the gym goes, get a rosin bag that pitchers use.

robert da strongman
07-07-2009, 08:18 PM
As far as putting tacky on. rub your forearms down with some chalk before you apply tacky.
As far as the gym goes, get a rosin bag that pitchers use.

in this humidity the chalk turns to paste.
rosin bag might work for tacky too...

BK
07-07-2009, 09:28 PM
in this humidity the chalk turns to paste.
rosin bag might work for tacky too...
Take a towel and wipe off the sweat before you apply the chalk.

robert da strongman
07-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Take a towel and wipe off the sweat before you apply the chalk.

ever been to florida in the summer?...the sweat neverends, believe me i try

HammerStrength12
07-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Have you ever tried paper towels? Not quite as effective as chalk for me, but they add a good 100lbs to my strapless/chalkless rack pull. The kidn without the grooves in them works best for me

BK
07-07-2009, 09:51 PM
ever been to florida in the summer?...the sweat neverends, believe me i try
Let me tell you something about Kentucky....It sucks in the summer. I feel your pain and know what you are talking about. Non stop sweat and tacky coming completely off on the first stone. Sound familiar?

robert da strongman
07-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Let me tell you something about Kentucky....It sucks in the summer. I feel your pain and know what you are talking about. Non stop sweat and tacky coming completely off on the first stone. Sound familiar?

ok yes i have been there. damn...going to have to try it.

wonder if an astrigent like witch hazel would work...

BK
07-07-2009, 10:16 PM
As long as you have towel to wipe off the sweat yo should be okay. As far as the chalk goes, don't get carried away. Just enough to absorb the moisture. This should actually help keep the tacky on for a longer period of time.

...Just thought of this, my training partner uses athletic tape on his forearms and it works pretty well in repelling sweat. You may give this a try. It will at least keep your arm sweat from reachiong your hands.

Sistersteel
07-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Why not chalk up before every lift? I chalk up, hit a lift, dry myself off, rest, chalk up again. Works every time.

The only place I use tape is on my thumb and middle finger.

lilfella
07-08-2009, 01:58 PM
I have seen anti-perspirant for your hands. Football players use it, might be worth checking out.

toddbz
07-08-2009, 02:06 PM
You could also try talc. I get it from bowling shops. You get in these little resin bags. Just kind of dap it on the area you want. Makes everyting really dry and really grippy. Plus it leaves really no residue behind on whatever you're grabbing onto.