PDA

View Full Version : Making Better Protein Bars Advise

Adrenaline
07-07-2009, 09:23 PM
The needstobuildmuscle better protein bars are so delicious that I ordered a couple more extra bags recently.

However, this time around I added too much honey. My bars are now too soft and will not firm up well. I had to freeze them to cut them into pieces but they melt while I eat them and get all over the place.

Is there any "chef" suggestions on what I can do with these bars now?

Maybe add something to them and remake the batch or is there a way I can maybe make a protein shake out of them?

"Rodz"
07-07-2009, 10:10 PM
You could try adding some protein powder to them, remix it and see if they set, or put some oatmeal in the blender to turn it into powder and remix to see if it'll reset. Just depends on what macros you need in them

Good Luck, let everyone know how it works

needtogetaas
07-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Its pretty simple food science my friend. If something is too soft or wet and something dry. If something is to dry add something wet.

If when you are done mixing the batch they seem wet and will not form good just add anything like
protein powder
oats
wheatgerm
anything that will soak up moister like that will work.

If they are to dry and crumbly and will not form just add more honey,water,or a liquid of any kind and mix some more.

needtogetaas
07-09-2009, 12:43 AM
O and to fix the batch you have now.
take what ever you have them in now and throw it in the mic for about 1 min. Then take the whole mix and put it pack in a mixing bowl. Add more dry ingredients mix and put back in bowl.

Shawn Bellon
07-21-2009, 09:01 PM
I used less honey and a little Splenda. Came out nicely.