PDA

View Full Version : arimidex

tammyp
07-08-2009, 04:38 PM
can someone share thier experience with this? never tried it but its something im curious about?

RealLilSwole
07-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Arimidex is an aromatose inhibitor. Its usually presriped to POST menapausal women for treatment of metastatic breast cancer. It basically stops the coversion of testosterone into estrogen. Thats why it works better for guys taking steriods than for women.

Nolvadex works best for women and is usually given to cancer patients who have not expericenced menapause. It works by blocking the production of estrogen. I hope this helps. So if I had to choose, would use the nolvadex. I just think using a-dex is very expensive and a waste of time.

tammyp
07-09-2009, 06:26 AM
thanks girl. im just curious of those that use it compared to nolvadex.

Lee Penman
07-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Arimadex is usually considered a waste of time for women since it inhibits the aromataze enzyme which women don't normally produce. The only exception would be if the woman was taking a lot of testosterone (which happens!) and this would block the excess from converting to estrogen. Nolvadex is best for women as it blocks already existing estrogen.
One thing about A dex though, it does significantly drop overall estrogen levels in as little as 4 days. So perhaps it could be an 'emergency' drug for women.

Tami Bellon
07-26-2009, 03:33 PM
FOR COMPETITORS (and not just your average everyday girl)

I disagree. I've used both and found A-dex to work better for me.

Nolva binds to estrogen and prevents
A-dex prevents estrogen production

Found on EliteFitness in one of Spellwins articles:

Oftentimes, Arimidex is compared to Nolvadex (tamoxifen nitrate) as these two drugs are purposely for the reduction of estrogenic activity in the body to halt or delay the progression of cancer. However, Arimidex is reportedly a more effective drug in combating estrogen-related concerns. This is because as an aromatase inhibitor it blocks the aromatase enzyme, thereby preventing the production of estrogen. Nolvadex, on the other hand, only hinders the action and not the production of this hormone.

NubianBeauty
07-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Where's that long thread about anti-es? I think Tatyana, SisterSteel, had most of the posts. Great info there. Personally I use a combo of both because they do different things but if I had to use 1 only it would be Arimidex.

Tami Bellon
07-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Where's that long thread about anti-es? I think Tatyana, SisterSteel, had most of the posts. Great info there. Personally I use a combo of both because they do different things but if I had to use 1 only it would be Arimidex.

I've read about people using both, but I never have. Maybe I'll give that a try :)

Shawn Bellon
07-26-2009, 07:10 PM
I actually think I read a long time ago about Dave recommending that to people.

NubianBeauty
07-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Hmmmm didnt know that. Thought he was Nolva only.

tammyp
07-26-2009, 07:39 PM
im using it. and think its better than nolvadex hands down.

NubianBeauty
07-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Wait until you use both ;) Then Proviron to end it out...... wow!

Shawn Bellon
07-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Druggies ;)

Shawn Bellon
07-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Just currious as I am concerned about Tam, what is the rebound impact of these compounds once she stops using them?

And please dont freak me out by replying "Stop?" :)

Tami Bellon
07-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Yah, we have both I used nolva for year one, but the last 2 years it's been a-dex.

I had this question last year and no one could answer it for me, so I just decided it was the way my body responded..... but I always get cramps for the first couple of weeks (off and on) when I start A-dex. I guess it's just my body adjusting to the estrogen shut down.......anyone else experience this?

InHonorInMind
08-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Bump...

I was considering running Adex and Nolva together. What is the typical dose for Adex? Was going to go for 20mg/Day of the Nolvadex. Right now I'm just trying to get as educated as possible and hear peoples experiences of these two drugs. Tammy how did you like the Adex? What dose did you use?

s2h
08-20-2010, 06:55 PM
A-dex is prescriped as a preventive tool to alot of women with high normal estrogen who have a immediate family member that has breast cancer ie:mother,sister..as far as a PED it can be used well by FBB'S who use AAS's and then Nolva is commonly brought in towards the end of the cutting phase....

InHonorInMind
08-20-2010, 11:03 PM
A-dex is prescriped as a preventive tool to alot of women with high normal estrogen who have a immediate family member that has breast cancer ie:mother,sister..as far as a PED it can be used well by FBB'S who use AAS's and then Nolva is commonly brought in towards the end of the cutting phase....

Right. I know that. I was just wondering what the typical Adex dose was...I read .5mg others say 1mg....

s2h
08-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Right. I know that. I was just wondering what the typical Adex dose was...I read .5mg others say 1mg....thats gonna depend on each person and what AAS you are using and a what part of your pre-contest cycle your in...5mg is a good starting point and you can increase if your not seeing the results you expect..it's not a cut and dry answer without seeing you in person and knowing your supp protocal...

MadMass
08-21-2010, 07:39 AM
i have a quick question , why use both when a-dex prevents your body from producing estrogen ? would nolva become a waste ?

or does a-dex does not shutdown COMPLETELY your estro production and therefore nolva comes in to block the small portion of estro who was released ? is that the logic behind using both at same time ?

-Mad

s2h
08-21-2010, 08:51 AM
i have a quick question , why use both when a-dex prevents your body from producing estrogen ? would nolva become a waste ?

or does a-dex does not shutdown COMPLETELY your estro production and therefore nolva comes in to block the small portion of estro who was released ? is that the logic behind using both at same time ?

-Madnothing will shut down your estrogen production completely...a-dex is most effective in women who are using test based steriods..if AAS's are used that arent test based then the combo of nolvadex and proviron are a better choice..there are other factors to consider when it comes to females and SERMs and AI's on a person to person basis..but using them at the same time isnt needed...

s2h
08-21-2010, 08:55 AM
One thing to note..alot of BB's male and female will say "i'm holding water" when 90% of the time there holding fat..now estrogen reduction plays a role in helping fat loss...but its not gonna help as much as your diet and a treadmill...so IF YOU THINK YOUR HOLDING WATER ITS MOST LIKELY FAT....

InHonorInMind
08-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Right, I know its 'fat' I'm not delusional. LOL. I'm just looking for something to 'aid' in the fat loss along with strict diet (keto) and cardio (stairmill at 45mins AM fasted and 60mins PM post light lifting). I'm not looking for a wonder drug...I know its only 'supplemental'.....But I would like a little help with the estrogen regulation bc for 26 yrs I'm basically all boobs and ass....and I need to get some "help" losin dat ass. I think I'm going to go with just running the nolva for now for 6 weeks. I'm not using any AAS. Seems like the adex is primarily for men, or females that are taking test/aas, which I'm not. So I'll just run the nolva for 6wks at 20mg/day and taper off slowly.

s2h
08-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Right, I know its 'fat' I'm not delusional. LOL. I'm just looking for something to 'aid' in the fat loss along with strict diet (keto) and cardio (stairmill at 45mins AM fasted and 60mins PM post light lifting). I'm not looking for a wonder drug...I know its only 'supplemental'.....But I would like a little help with the estrogen regulation bc for 26 yrs I'm basically all boobs and ass....and I need to get some "help" losin dat ass. I think I'm going to go with just running the nolva for now for 6 weeks. I'm not using any AAS. Seems like the adex is primarily for men, or females that are taking test/aas, which I'm not. So I'll just run the nolva for 6wks at 20mg/day and taper off slowly.clen/t3 are very good at what your tryn to do...

InHonorInMind
08-21-2010, 10:37 PM
clen/t3 are very good at what your tryn to do...

Yeh I'm runnin the clen too. I've dabbled with the T3 in the past, but....I don't think its for me. It helps, but for me the risk kind of outweighed the reward at this point. I'm even a little nervous about the Nolva, but figure a 6 week cycle isn't going to crush my ovaries...

s2h
08-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Yeh I'm runnin the clen too. I've dabbled with the T3 in the past, but....I don't think its for me. It helps, but for me the risk kind of outweighed the reward at this point. I'm even a little nervous about the Nolva, but figure a 6 week cycle isn't going to crush my ovaries...w/out pics it's hard to judge what your glutes look like and whats best to aproach it for better results..i worked with a girl that had problems getting her glutes to come down..she tried alot of different supps..in the end jogging for medium distances ended up being the thing that fixed her problem..say 2-3 miles 2-3 times a week..i know this isnt the normal approach but it worked..

InHonorInMind
08-22-2010, 03:18 PM
w/out pics it's hard to judge what your glutes look like and whats best to aproach it for better results..i worked with a girl that had problems getting her glutes to come down..she tried alot of different supps..in the end jogging for medium distances ended up being the thing that fixed her problem..say 2-3 miles 2-3 times a week..i know this isnt the normal approach but it worked..

Funny you mention this....I'm going out to buy a pair of running shoes today....I love the stairmill, but two hours a day on it...ugghh....I need to be able to switch it up with running as well...I HATE running...but I think thats a great way for legs to get in shape as well.....did I say I hate it??? ;) lol....

Started the Nolva today.....will have to keep on this and see.....I'll start a private 'butt shot' photo journal and hopefully be able to display the results at the Olympia, LOL.

s2h
08-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Funny you mention this....I'm going out to buy a pair of running shoes today....I love the stairmill, but two hours a day on it...ugghh....I need to be able to switch it up with running as well...I HATE running...but I think thats a great way for legs to get in shape as well.....did I say I hate it??? ;) lol....

Started the Nolva today.....will have to keep on this and see.....I'll start a private 'butt shot' photo journal and hopefully be able to display the results at the Olympia, LOL.give it a shot..mix in some sprints also..i would have her sprint the sr8 away and then slow jog the corners..start with a few laps and work you way up...post some pics as you go...

tammyp
08-23-2010, 05:45 AM
love adex over nolva. 1 mg MAX...start w a half tab and gor to whole about 3 weeks out.

now, if someone stays on anti estrgens year round does that help pervent cancers that are estrogen related?

s2h
08-23-2010, 06:47 AM
love adex over nolva. 1 mg MAX...start w a half tab and gor to whole about 3 weeks out.

now, if someone stays on anti estrgens year round does that help pervent cancers that are estrogen related?nothing can stop breast cancer totally..or know one would have breast cancer...but a-dex does reduce the amount of estrogen the body produces and excessive estrogen is one of the primary links to breast cancer...so it is defintly a preventive tool..i know of several women who are prescribed 1mg of A-dex a day solely for preventive care not because they have cancer...

Suzanne
08-23-2010, 12:17 PM
note to self: after show test for high estrogen :yep:

InHonorInMind
08-23-2010, 02:13 PM
give it a shot..mix in some sprints also..i would have her sprint the sr8 away and then slow jog the corners..start with a few laps and work you way up...post some pics as you go...

I will be! Thanks for all your help! I'm dropping lbs like whoa and it feels GOOD!

s2h
08-24-2010, 06:58 AM
I will be! Thanks for all your help! I'm dropping lbs like whoa and it feels GOOD!good luck....

tankygirl
08-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Great Thread! About to start Arimidex so will let you know how it goes..

Pheedno
08-24-2010, 05:28 PM
now, if someone stays on anti estrgens year round does that help pervent cancers that are estrogen related?

may be a great preventative but the long term repercussions of excessively low estrogen levels would far outweigh the possiblity of preventing something that is largely hereditary.

s2h
08-24-2010, 06:05 PM
may be a great preventative but the long term repercussions of excessively low estrogen levels would far outweigh the possiblity of preventing something that is largely hereditary.the use of AI's in women to help prevent breast cancer is to dose the amount neccesary that brings there levels to normal not to drag them down to a dangeruosly low level...

Pheedno
08-24-2010, 06:06 PM
the use of AI's in women to help prevent breast cancer is to dose the amount neccesary that brings there levels to normal not to drag them down to a dangeruosly low level...

that wasn't her question