PDA

View Full Version : Before And After Pics... Debating on Doing a show..

GottaGetLean
07-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Ok first i was never really into dieting or any type of bodybuilding.. I was only into heavy lifting and eating watever i wanted. Then i came across the keto diet back in january... So i did keto about 12 weeks and since then ive been maintaining and carb cycling for the past 10 weeks.. Now i just came over a knee injury so my whole diet period i did 0 legs.. Meaning my legs are terrible and now im not sure if i wana compete or not.. So advice would be great on whether I should do a show in maybe another 8-10weeks or so just to get my feet wet.. or start daves mass diet and develop my legs more and then cut back down... Let me know guys thanks!:beerbang:

Starting weight was 235 pounds and my current weight is 190pounds.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/gottagetlean/Before2.jpg

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/gottagetlean/Before1.jpg

\

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/gottagetlean/IMG_0321.jpg

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/gottagetlean/IMG_0322.jpg

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/gottagetlean/IMG_0323.jpg

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/gottagetlean/IMG_0324.jpg

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/gottagetlean/IMG_0324.jpg

JAR OF NATTY
07-08-2009, 11:56 PM
wow, im impressed, go show bro!

Frosty
07-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Very good work! Why not go for a show??

Sugan
07-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Great tranformation but after pissing all over powerlifters about being fat and lazy I'd be going back and apologizing after seeing your legs. I don't know what your program is like but you had better rethink your leg training approach. If you bring them up you would do quite well I think. Good shape and symmetry and you look to hace good genetics. Good luck if you decide to go that way and hit those legs hard!

Darnelle B
07-09-2009, 01:41 AM
you look good bro.... i work with this guy and seen him day by day and he went hard with the diet.... good job i think you should be competing in november also. lets do it!!!!

Sugan
07-09-2009, 01:43 AM
Ahhh , I see you injured your leg. Disregard my last post. Once it heals up you'll be alright. Got a hammy tear myself and they shrink daily.

Tatyana
07-09-2009, 02:03 AM
Great weight loss and recovery.

I would work on building up your legs a tad before you do a show as the development in your upper body takes away from your legs.

Curt James
07-09-2009, 03:10 AM
Definitely stage worthy. :beerbang:

And disregard the leg comments. There will be competitors who have weaker legs at any show in which you choose to compete. That said, your legs are contest ready, imo. I've seen much slimmer competitors take their class in NPC, OCB, and NABBA shows.

Curt James
07-09-2009, 03:16 AM
Great tranformation but after pissing all over powerlifters about being fat and lazy I'd be going back and apologizing after seeing your legs. I don't know what your program is like but you had better rethink your leg training approach. If you bring them up you would do quite well I think. Good shape and symmetry and you look to hace good genetics. Good luck if you decide to go that way and hit those legs hard!

Are we looking at the same pictures?

He's certainly not Tom Platz, but to say he needs to rethink anything is off the mark.

Veiny, good sweep, adequate calves. Wth are you looking at? I suspect you're bring baggage from some other thread to your commentary.

Where did he say that powerlifters are fat and lazy? No matter. That has no bearing on his before and after pics, imo.

GirlyMuscle
07-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Do it! What part of the country are you in?

GottaGetLean
07-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Very good work! Why not go for a show??

i was thinking about it,i just wasnt happy about my legs..

GottaGetLean
07-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Ahhh , I see you injured your leg. Disregard my last post. Once it heals up you'll be alright. Got a hammy tear myself and they shrink daily.

lol thanks

GottaGetLean
07-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Definitely stage worthy. :beerbang:

And disregard the leg comments. There will be competitors who have weaker legs at any show in which you choose to compete. That said, your legs are contest ready, imo. I've seen much slimmer competitors take their class in NPC, OCB, and NABBA shows.

thanks bro im definatly thinking about competing now.

GottaGetLean
07-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Do it! What part of the country are you in?

new york.

GirlyMuscle
07-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Eastern USA!!!!! November 14th! My first show! Do it! :D

Sugan
07-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Are we looking at the same pictures?

He's certainly not Tom Platz, but to say he needs to rethink anything is off the mark.

Veiny, good sweep, adequate calves. Wth are you looking at? I suspect you're bring baggage from some other thread to your commentary.

Where did he say that powerlifters are fat and lazy? No matter. That has no bearing on his before and after pics, imo.

Shut up Curt. yes , we are looking at the same pics. He is Tom Platz compared to you. If you think his legs are adequate then you need to give your coke bottle glasses a check. He said so himself. They are lacking because of an injury. I corrected my post after reading about the injury. Try reading a little more thoroughly Mr English teacher.

GottaGetLean
07-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Eastern USA!!!!! November 14th! My first show! Do it! :D

yea im thinking about it, darnelle wants me to do that show too i think...im gona have to diet for like another 20 weeks is the only bad part lol..

ANADROLicfreak
07-09-2009, 01:27 PM
i say go for it.

Frosty
07-09-2009, 01:45 PM
yea im thinking about it, darnelle wants me to do that show too i think...im gona have to diet for like another 20 weeks is the only bad part lol..

The good news is that 20 weeks out and that lean you can fill out quite a bit and maybe end up coming in bigger and leaner :)

BigJD69
07-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Go for it!!!

Darnelle B
07-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Go fore it.... if u don't I will drag u out you house and putt uou on thwe stage my self. Lol :) stop being lazy you work hard all yea now reward your self with a show.

GottaGetLean
07-09-2009, 06:33 PM
The good news is that 20 weeks out and that lean you can fill out quite a bit and maybe end up coming in bigger and leaner :)

very true, maybe even my legs might catch up a bit more.. lol

Curt James
07-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Shut up Curt. yes , we are looking at the same pics. He is Tom Platz compared to you. If you think his legs are adequate then you need to give your coke bottle glasses a check. He said so himself. They are lacking because of an injury. I corrected my post after reading about the injury. Try reading a little more thoroughly Mr English teacher.

And?

Look at the pictures.

Again.

Con
07-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Wow great job man, i am liking the vascularity!

GottaGetLean
07-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Wow great job man, i am liking the vascularity!

Sugan
07-09-2009, 10:48 PM
And?

Look at the pictures.

Again.

What don't you understand Curt ? His legs are sub par and he admits this. You , on the other hand , fail to see this. Are you blind or do you simply give the thumbs up for everyone because we all have superior builds to yours ?

Curt James
07-09-2009, 11:31 PM
What don't you understand Curt ? His legs are sub par and he admits this. You , on the other hand , fail to see this. Are you blind or do you simply give the thumbs up for everyone because we all have superior builds to yours ?

This is opinion.

And, I might add, not a popular opinion.

You might check the rest of the posts in this thread to verify that fact.

Oh, and one thing I don't understand...

What's up with the unnecessary spaces all over your post? :confused:

Other than that? I pretty much have it covered, thanks. :beerbang:

Sugan
07-09-2009, 11:58 PM
This is opinion.

And, I might add, not a popular opinion.

You might check the rest of the posts in this thread to verify that fact.

Oh, and one thing I don't understand...

What's up with the unnecessary spaces all over your post? :confused:

Other than that? I pretty much have it covered, thanks. :beerbang:

What's up with all the italics and bold print ? Are your posts that much an important part of your being that every single post you've ever made requires special attention ? It has nothing to do with grammar or attention to spelling. It's everything to do with a total lack of any real life relationships and intercation beyond your students. I have no doubt that you are a great teacher Curt. English teachers were my favourite. You just seem waaay to concerned with everything internet and obviously are a very lonely man concerned with very petty things.

Curt James
07-10-2009, 12:05 AM
What's up with all the italics and bold print ? Are your posts that much an important part of your being that every single post you've ever made requires special attention ? It has nothing to do with grammar or attention to spelling. It's everything to do with a total lack of any real life relationships and intercation beyond your students. I have no doubt that you are a great teacher Curt. English teachers were my favourite. You just seem waaay to concerned with everything internet and obviously are a very lonely man concerned with very petty things.

You're very long-winded.

As well as inaccurate.

I'm an art teacher.

But, yes, a former proofreader.
I was paid to keep my eye on petty things. Now I just do it for fun. :p

(eyes you suspiciously)

Sugan
07-10-2009, 12:11 AM
You're very long-winded.

As well as inaccurate.

I'm an art teacher.

But, yes, a former proofreader.
I was paid to keep my eye on petty things. Now I just do it for fun. :p

(eyes you suspiciously)

I am long winded ? LOL. Curt , your summaries regarding other member's posts are epically long and boring. I have no doubt you have spent hours researching people's past posts because you have no life to attend to.
Another gay post with the prototypical Curtis smilie and over use of italics.

bigc11
07-10-2009, 10:13 PM
deff have good genetics. do the show man and work harder on them legs if you feel that whats keeping you from competing. you'll feel better if you did it than if you didnt cause you'll be thinking i wish i did the show now. nice work man.

GottaGetLean
07-13-2009, 01:26 PM
deff have good genetics. do the show man and work harder on them legs if you feel that whats keeping you from competing. you'll feel better if you did it than if you didnt cause you'll be thinking i wish i did the show now. nice work man.

Mr. Hyde
07-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Very impressive, i say go for it, do the USA's in November.

THEDRAGON
07-19-2009, 09:50 AM
You look good chris just get on stage..... Ill be thier in support