PDA

View Full Version : Bicep Tendon Repair surgery

whey2fast
07-09-2009, 12:05 PM
I had my left Bicep tendon repaired 8 weeks ago. I have not been doing anything much but getting fat and very depressed. The muscle has seriously atrophied and the thought of not being fully recovered scares the hell out of me. My age is 43 and my goals are to compete is this now just a dream or will I fully recover? is there anything I can do or take to help the healing process along as well?

BIGLOUIE
07-17-2009, 06:06 AM
hey mate cheer up you'll get on the stage one day! there was recently an in the IRON ASYLUM video with a guy that had torn both biceps tendons.
im guessing you worked out previously to the operation ( thats probly how it happend) you will gain back what you have lost eailsy once you start training again due to muscle memory.
at 8 weeks post op i recon you should be heading back into the gym. you can still easily be training legs hard and heavy. start very very very light with your torn arm, and also very submaximal, meaning don't go to failer. very slowly increase the weights you use. this will help the healing process.
you should also note that training the un-injured arm can also benifit the injured arm, there is a neuromuscular cross over between limbs of the body, and you can get results from only training the un injured arm.
massage may also help to increase blood flow, as well as trying to rid the body of scar tissue.
you will fully recover from the operation so dont worry about it! and if your feeling fat do some cardio!