PDA

View Full Version : All Things Hogan

~gymdiva~
07-09-2009, 12:56 PM
this is actually not so bad...it doesn't reek of the drama that some of the past interviews have given his current personal life...interesting comments on dream matches and TNA, too...

(credit wrestlezone)

The following is an excerpt from an interview-article with Hulk Hogan from The Southtown Star:

Dream matches

Many fans want to know if Hogan will ever get back in the ring.

"I'm trying to figure that out. I've had two back surgeries in the last five months. Just the middle of my waistline up and halfway down my back, it's so stiff that I just can't seem to get flexible. I'm trying to work through it. I'm 55 years old. With the knee replacements and hip replacements, I'm trying to not joke or fool myself. I'm trying to get a logical assessment," he said.

"I'm dying to do it. I'm dying to get in there. To me, it's fun to get in there. There has to be a talented wrestler willing to slow dance with me. I could go out there and pretty much do almost everything I could do before. I couldn't do the leg drop anymore because of my lower back. I could go out and have fun. It's going to take more time to see if I can get steady enough to even attempt something like that."

And just who would Hogan want to square off against if he had the chance?

"The match that everybody would love to see would be Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair," said Hogan, who picked that as his top dream match. "Everyone would love to see me kick Vince McMahon again. Hulk Hogan-"Stone Cold" Steve Austin (is another match). Stone Cold's bragger's claim to fame is: 'I never wrestled Hulk Hogan.' I think he thinks he's God's gift to wrestling. It would be a tremendous match for the fans. If he can get on the same page with me and put ego out of the way, who cares who wins? It would be a match people would love to see."

Even though Hogan isn't in the ring anymore, that doesn't mean he doesn't still have the love for pro wrestling in his blood. And that is part of the reason why he is doing Hulk Hogan Fan Appreciation Day.

"I've only done two or three autograph signings in my whole career really. I'm trying to get back out. There's no question of seeing the fans. There's genuine excitement that I just love. I was telling my girlfriend (Jennifer McDaniel) that I used to walk by the ring and touch it and get goose bumps," he said.

WWE and TNA

Hogan watches both WWE and Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling, which are considered the top two American pro wrestling companies.

"I watch both products. (TNA's) like the little engine that could. Everybody thought they wouldn't be around for long, and they've been chugging along for seven years. They gain momentum every week. They seem to be real fresh. When a lot of guys go over to that side of the fence, they seem to get a spring in their step," he said.

"I also watch Vince's product (WWE). Vince is the constant. He's the standard of excellence. I just love watching his show because you never know what he is going to do. Plus, the production -- you can't even touch his production. It's so dialed-in. It's amazing just to see how they put the pieces together."

Since Hogan was involved in a previous war between WWE and then-rival World Championship Wrestling, he does have an informed perspective of the war for fans between WWE and TNA.

"If you look at history, everyone says, 'History repeats itself.' With all of the choices in the universe of entertainment, I look at the big package and look at the big picture from 40,000 feet. I see history repeating itself. I see TNA getting strong. I see Vince McMahon being impeccable except for a few little holes in the boat," he said.

"TNA is lacking that one momentum-shifting move, that one big name that would even the playing field, the brand (that is) just as powerful as the WWE brand. (TNA's) lacking the big piece of the puzzle. It wouldn't matter who did what in the past. It will be a totally even playing field. You never know."

and I highly recommend reading the rest of the interview found HERE (http://blogs.southtownstar.com/entertainment/2009/07/pro-wrestling-extra-a-conversa-3.html)

ANADROLicfreak
07-09-2009, 01:02 PM
hulk is the best.

~gymdiva~
07-13-2009, 02:06 AM
another Hogan interview found courtesy of wrestlezone...is it just me or is he being WAY more humble than what we're used to?

The following are news highlights from a recent interview with Hulk Hogan in the Chicago Tribune:

When asked about when he would be coming back to wrestle:

“About every third person was saying, ‘When are you going to get in the ring again?’ They don’t realize that, even though I look the same way I looked 30 years ago—kind of—my body is pretty beat up. It’s kind of hard to explain to them. The hip replacements, the back surgeries, the elbow surgeries, the shoulder surgeries…I never like to say never, but right now I’m on the rebuild and rewind process."

About the signing itself being challenging for him:

“I tried getting through it without letting everyone know I was having a hard time. I’d never had a chair there at an autograph signing before. Now I have a chair in my bathroom so I can brush my teeth. When I shave, I shave half my face, lay on the floor for 10 minutes and then shave the other half of my face. I had a hard time walking through the Chicago airport today. I stopped one time to sit down and acted like I was doing something. I walked farther and then went into the men’s room. I leaned on the sink to crack my back and pretended I was looking at my face."

About returning to the ring:

“It seems to get farther and farther in reach. I just don’t want to exclude it from my thought process. It’s like the one place that, when I’m in there, I’m totally free.”

Also, the pythons are shrinking:

“They used to be 24 inches when I was 27 years old,” he says. “Now, last time I taped them, they were about 20 inches. That was a couple years ago. I haven’t taped them since. I’m afraid too.”

FULL ARTICLE (http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-0713-hulk-hoganjul13,0,1040745.story)

ROTFLMAO
07-14-2009, 12:23 AM
hulk rules!

~gymdiva~
08-05-2009, 10:14 AM
ok so I changed this thread to, "All Things Hogan," just so we can keep all Hogan related gossip in one thread...

and here's your first topic :D

The following is from FOXNews.com:

Brooke Hogan says she has been approached a number of times by Vince McMahon to follow in her dad's footsteps and join the WWE.

The singer and reality TV star is the daughter of wrestling legend and 12-time world heavyweight champion Hulk Hogan.

And, in an exclusive interview with SunSport, Brooke revealed: "The WWE have told me that if I ever want to become a wrestler all I need to do is walk through the door and they'll give me a job straight away.

"They are always like, 'Hey Brooke when are you gonna put on some spandex and get in the ring?'

"But it's just not my interest. I'm more of a girly girl."

She added: "I would be good at it though, I would really kick ass at it — because I'm really strong and my dad's trained me up since I was 12-years-old."

Gaoshang Xiongshou
08-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Brooke should get in the ring and finally silence Jillian.

~gymdiva~
08-05-2009, 10:34 AM
HAHAHAHAHA oy geez...

~gymdiva~
08-18-2009, 05:50 PM
by Nick Paglino
Aug 18, 2009

SI.com has compiled a top 12 "Heroes to Villains" list and coming in at number 9 is Hulk Hogan for joining the NWO back in 1996. Brett Favre tops the list for leaving the Green Bay Packers.

~gymdiva~
08-20-2009, 01:01 AM
by Nick Paglino
Aug 19, 2009

FoxNews.com is reporting that Brooke Hogan pulled out of her scheduled New York performance this past Saturday night after "suffering anxiety attacks, along with some other medical ailments." The report then indicates that Hulk Hogan, who was sceduled to appear as well as host of the evening also withdrew from the event to be by his daughter's side.

Mark
08-20-2009, 01:07 AM
It wouldn't matter who he went against, it would be the biggest event ever regardless!

Arnoldnumerouno
08-20-2009, 01:15 AM
I'd like to see Hulk back in the ring, but he's a physical wreck. Did you see him in his reality show? He hobbled around like an old man. :(

Mark
08-20-2009, 01:23 AM
That's a shame. I haven't watched any of his shows... but I can imagine that's the case given his list of problems

~gymdiva~
09-14-2009, 10:28 PM
by Matt Boone
Sep 14, 2009

The following is an excerpt from an article from Tampa Bay Online:

CLEARWATER - Hulk Hogan filed a lawsuit today against two of his many attorneys, claiming they wrongly charged him more than $1 million in legal fees to defend him in a civil suit spurred by the wreck that left John Graziano in a semi-conscious state.

Hogan says he could have been represented for no money by his insurance company, Progressive Select Insurance Co. But, he says in the 44-page lawsuit, he never received letters sent by Progressive and the attorney the insurance company
had appointed telling him as much.

The lawyers Hogan is suing are Morris "Sandy" Weinberg Jr. and Lee Fugate. Weinberg is a partner in the firm Zuckerman Spaeder, and Fugate works there.

FULL STORY (http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/sep/14/hulk-hogan-files-lawsuit-over-spiraling-legal-fees/news-breaking/)

~gymdiva~
09-24-2009, 06:44 AM
anyone believe this? ;)

by Nick Paglino
Sep 23, 2009

In a recent interview with The Daily Telegraph, Hulk Hogan said that he tore both of his biceps bodyslamming Andre The Giant at Wrestlemania
3. He then went on to make the following outlandish claim: "It was Wrestlemania III and, while we hadn't planned it, Andre said 'if you reckon you can lift me brother, go for it.'"

Hogan also commented on reports that he took down a guy who looked like a member of the Hell's Angels: "On Sunday we were in Melbourne, going into a restaurant when this guy - you know what a Hells Angel looks like, right? - well, he came screaming across the room at me. So I blocked him, hooked him and took him down. It was all over fairly quickly."

~gymdiva~
09-24-2009, 06:46 AM
wow it's just a very Hogan kind of morning!

by Matt Boone
Sep 23, 2009

Cosmo C. sent along the following:

Hogan was on Bubba the Love Sponge's show today. They played the recording of him threatening the guy in the band. Hogan said that the guy was his friend Dr. Unger's daughter Chelsea's friend (the name that is beeped out is Chelsea). They were at dinner about a year ago and the Dr. and Chelsea had Hogan leave it as a rib to joke with the guy according to Hogan. Hogan said he'd give Dr. Unger's number to call him and ask him if he wanted to.

Bubba and Hogan then talked about wrestling. Bubba said that Vince Russo was out for him. Bubba said he's inviting Russo in if he wants to get into it. Hogan and Bubba then trashed Russo for a couple minutes, basically saying he doesn't really get the wrestling business and he certainly wasn't brains behind McMahon. Hogan said Vince Russo wanted him fired in WCW before he even met him. Then Hogan proved him wrong by going back to WWE and doing big business with The Rock in Toronto and everything that followed.

Bubba said how much he loved Orton and Hogan went on to highly praise Orton and Cena. Saying that they both have that "it" factor and how great the two of them are. That sooner or later, they're both so established Vince will be able to turn Orton babyface and Cena heel and make money with it. Bubba asked him about Batista, Bubba said he met him and thinks he's a great guy. Hogan said Batista had a heart of gold and was a great guy, he just needs to avoid the injuries that he continually gets.

They brought up Edge. Bubba's producer said he heard that the injury is bad and that he might still be another 8 months out. Hogan said he didn't know but hopes the best for him and how much he loved working with him. Bubba also said how great Edge is. Then the most praise seemed to go to Chris Jericho. Bubba brought up how he caught him the other night and just how great Jericho is, how he truly is like the old school guys and just completely knows how to work a crowd. Hogan then said he didn't really know what Jericho was about in Atlanta but when he got back to WWE, he told Vince to just keep booking him with Jericho and that Jericho was amazing and a complete wrestler. Hogan said that he just wanted Jericho around him as much as possible, in the ring and backstage. That he was as great a person as he was a wrestler. A lot of praise for Jericho by Hogan. Hogan said that Jericho would be the ring general and call their matches. Hogan said he would love to work exclusively with Jericho. A lot of interesting tidbits out of the interview/phone call.

juggernaut
09-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Hulk was the 80s Stone Cold Steve Austin.
I dont know why he wants to do it; I mean I know why, but what the hell does have to prove?
What's going on with his son?

I'd bang his daughter.

ROTFLMAO
10-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Hulk Hogan Talks About His Suicide Attempt & Family Turmoil
By Michael Bluth
Oct 21, 2009 - 3:14:53 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan says he had his finger on the trigger of a gun and was about to kill himself when he received a phone call from a concerned celebrity friend.

The New York Daily News has published quotes from Hulk's new book "My Life Outside the Ring," where he describes hit rock bottom after the nasty breakup with his wife of 23 years and coping with Nick's car accident that put Nick in jail and left family friend John Graziano brain-damaged.

Hulk says he did everything he could to keep his family together. "I practically begged her, 'Please, don't file. Our son's just had this accident -- if we do this now, it'll make us look like the Britney Spears family. Please, don't file for divorce.'" Hogan calls Linda an abusive alcoholic who once threatened to beat Nick with a wine bottle. Hulk says the extend of Linda's crazy side was never really seen on their "Hogan Knows Best" VH1 reality show because "There were plenty of times when Linda would lose it, but no one wanted to see that kind of ugliness on TV."

Hogan then describes a darker chapter in his life, where he almost committed suicide. Hulk said one day while filming NBC's "American Gladiators," he downed a heavy cocktail of rum and the anti-anxiety medication Xanax. Later in the day, he received a phone call from co-host Laila Ali, daughter of boxing great Muhammad Ali, who was concerned for him after noticing he seemed distracted at work. Hogan said in the book that he had reached for a gun and put his finger on the trigger when Ali called.

juggernaut
10-22-2009, 06:32 AM
Hogan puts a gun to his head? I never understood this cowardly fucknut act on anyone. No woman in the world is worth putting an end to a life. What a dumbass.

~gymdiva~
10-22-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm not buying this whole bit about them not showing her blow up on tv...are you kidding me??? that's what celebreality dreams are made of! how many other blowups did they show on the surreal life, celebrity fit club, rock of love, etc...that's what "reality" tv show producers pray for...it creates rating...and we all know that would have created monster ratings for that show...

~gymdiva~
10-22-2009, 02:01 PM
as for the gun part, well, I have no trouble believing that...think about what an almost fairytale life that man has had...no one in wrestling has truly matched it...he's still the only pro wrestler to have been featured on freakin SI of all magazines...Sportscenter even reported on the night he turned heel and joined the NWO...I mean, this man is a legend, like his wrestling ability or not...and think about all that happened...he's realized he's older and his body has caught up with him after all the years of wear and tear...his son almost killed someone with his reckless driving...his daughter is way too sheltered and looks WAY too much like her mother...she also shows the stress of their divorce the most which is hard on any parent...then add in that divorce...could you imagine them going through all we've seen just on their own...now add in the fact that we all got to see it! here he's had this marriage for many years, the perfect kids, yadda yadda and now wow...it's all played out in a public trainwreck...and to top it off, your soon-to-be ex is dating someone your son's age (and in their house no less)...I mean really??? this is why life is sooooo much stranger than fiction...I'd be downing some rum and xanax cocktails, too...

juggernaut
10-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Still, I dont believe in suicide and sure as hell dont believe any chick is worth it. Nothing in life is that bad. My son had a fling with a girl who just tested HIV pos; thankfully he was cleared as negative. You think that wouldve drove me over edge? Hell no. My wife leaves me tomorrow and I get on the next train to fuck a girls brains out City. Dont get me wrong, I love my wife and I love the way she treats me-like a king, but no woman is ever going to bring me to that point of either substance abuse or suicide.

~gymdiva~
10-22-2009, 03:12 PM
well it doesn't say it was over a chick...I took it as just life in general...is suicide ever an answer? no...but having been in that position before I'll ask that you not speak so lowly of those that consider it or try it unless you've personally been to that point...

juggernaut
10-22-2009, 03:19 PM
If I offended you, then I am sorry. I just dont get it. I dont consider those people as low, I just feel that there is so much to live for that no matter how bad it can get, and I have been in that position, there is always a safer way out. It's just harder to find.

~gymdiva~
10-22-2009, 03:30 PM
I agree with that moreso now...but when I was younger, man, it just truly seemed like that was it...but it was more me thinking not only was there no answer but that I was a burden on my parents, etc...now in terms of Hogan, I have no idea if he actually did that and I would hope that he would not lie about such a thing...but in terms of desperation plus the fact that he wasn't sober, I could see where he may have had a moment...plus I don't think he would have stopped for a ringing phone had he truly wanted to follow through...

~gymdiva~
10-27-2009, 01:34 PM
by Matt Boone
Oct 26, 2009
The Jeff Dunham show which featured Brooke Hogan this past Thursday night drew 5.3 million viewers for the first-run with 2.6 million viewers in replay airings, making it the most-watched debut episode of any show in the history of the Comedy Central television network.

juggernaut
10-27-2009, 02:01 PM
was she nakey???

~gymdiva~
10-27-2009, 02:22 PM
HAHAHAHA not that I'm aware of! :wiggle:

~gymdiva~
10-27-2009, 02:23 PM
by Nick Paglino
Oct 27, 2009
Hulk Hogan's new book, "My Life Outside The Ring," is available today at bookstores and can be ordered through Amazon.com. There will be a press conference held today in the mall area of Madison Square Garden beginning at 2:30pm EST for fans in the area that want to attend. There will be a special Q&A session at the press conference, so fans are encouraged to attend the event.

~gymdiva~
10-27-2009, 02:26 PM
by Nick Paglino
Oct 27, 2009
ProWrestling.net is reporting that today's press conference for Hulk Hogan's book release will be hosted by Wrestlemania star and Academy Award nominated actor Mickey Rourke. As we reported earlier, the conference begins at 2:30pm EST and takes place at Madison Square Garden in NYC.

juggernaut
10-27-2009, 04:36 PM
How the hell did Mickey Rourke get a nomination. I thought he was washed up. The Wrestler was good, but the ending sucked ass. Kept hoping for a Rocky ending...fell flat.

juggernaut
10-27-2009, 04:38 PM
HAHAHAHA not that I'm aware of! :wiggle:I'd have watched it if that were the case...Is that ass-shaking directed towards me? You gotta be careful where you point that thing.

juggernaut
10-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Hulkster was on Stern...heard he was depressed. Waahhhhhhhh.....I'm a legend and rich and my wife divorced me.....wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ROTFLMAO
10-29-2009, 05:33 PM
His kid almost killed someone and he's still being sued by that family, you would be felling blue too if you had that shit to deal with on top of every thing else.

ROTFLMAO
10-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Concern Over Edge's Return for WrestleMania, WWE's New Hogan DVD
By Marc Middleton
Oct 29, 2009 - 2:13:16 PM

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- As of last word, WWE was still scheduled to release the Hulk Hogan DVD set this week but people in the company wouldn't be surprised if Vince McMahon yanks it.

ROTFLMAO
11-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Hulk Hogan Speaks On Wrestling Again, Bashes Hall Of Fame Ring and More
By Amish Patel
Nov 2, 2009 - 9:13:54 AM

There is an article featuring Hulk Hogan on The Chicago Tribune. Below are some highlights:

His WWE Hall of Fame ring (which incidently covers a "Linda" tattoo on his finger): "I think Vince McMahon paid $20 for it. My high school ring was better than this thing."

His Musical spirations: "I was in England presenting an award with Jerry Hall, Mick Jagger’s ex-wife, and she told me the [Rolling] Stones were looking for a bass player. I sent her a ton of merchandise that she asked for and said ‘Tell Mick I’m a great bass player.’ I never heard a word back."

Wrestling again: "People might say I'm too slow or crippled to get back in the ring. I can't say they're wrong. I heard Stone Cold [Steve Austin] say 'I'm not hanging around and embarrassing myself like some of these old guys.' I wonder who he's talking about, you know?"

Read the full article here.

ROTFLMAO
11-02-2009, 06:59 PM
When Might Hulk Hogan Debut on TNA iMPACT?, Latest Hogan Drama
By Marc Middleton
Nov 2, 2009 - 1:12:54 PM

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- According to Dave Meltzer, one story going around is that Hulk Hogan won't make his debut in the iMPACT Zone until the first of 2010, when football season is over. TNA officials want to work on the build for Hogan's iMPACT debut in hopes of a huge rating.

Speaking of Hogan, FOX News had a story up today with quotes from Linda Hogan's lawyer, saying that The Hulkster's new book is full of lies about her.

juggernaut
11-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Hogan has a lot of balls crying the blues. Yeah I can see the part where it would fucked up if my son went to jail. But this bullshit with his ho-wife, fuck that. the guy is still a relevant celebrity; I'd be out banging chicks left and right! And he wahhhhhhhhhhs about his life and what the WWE means to him. The fucking organization gave him that life!
As for his ho-wife, someone shoot the bitch!

ROTFLMAO
11-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Hulk Hogan rallies Hulkamaniacs, talks to Gimme Noise
By Patrick Strait in Q&A

In a world where everyone from Balloon Boy to Jon Gosselin can be considered a celebrity, there are very few people who can still be considered legitimate pop-culture icons. Hulk Hogan is among that group.
This past Friday, hundreds of Hulkamaniacs of all ages packed the Mall of America to meet the man as he stopped by to sign copies of his new memoirs, My Life Outside the Ring.

Before he let Hulkamania run wild on the M.O.A., however, the Hulkster sat down with Gimme Noise to talk about his relationship with the tabloids, his family, wrestling and Rocky 3.

Gimme Noise: In your new book, you definitely pull back the curtain and pulled no punches in terms of talking about your life. At any point while you were writing the book did you think that, as a guy who has spent over 20 years as a role model and an icon to so many people, that maybe you were exposing a little too much about your life, and making yourself a little too vulnerable?

Hulk Hogan: Well brother things change, you know? You try to go with the flow. Back in the 90's when all of the steroid talk broke everyone started panicking and asking each other, "Oh no! How do we handle this?" Same thing with wrestling. Back in the early days if someone told you it was fake you'd slap the hell out of them. What I'm saying is that everyone has been reeducated and changed their mindset.

In terms of why I wrote the book, it got to the point where - I don't want to say it was forced - but I almost had to write it because several things were all happening at once. With the divorce, I was just getting barraged with something new every day. I had my wife's publicist and lawyer saying things about me in the press and finally, after about four months of staying silent, people were telling me, "Hogan, if you don't speak up soon you're not going to have a career left." So I went on Larry King and I did an interview with People to try to clear the air, and then I kind of did a volley with the tabloids for a couple of weeks. They would stay stuff like, "Your wife says you beat her up for 23 years," and this, that and the other. Next thing I know she's filing a restraining order against me, and then she's claiming that I'm stalking her 18-year-old boyfriend and the cops actually arrested me at one point because of it. They did the whole thing where they threw me on the ground and said I was violating a restraining order before realizing there was no truth to the matter, and then they picked me up and let me go. But next thing I know, it's all over the tabloids that I was stalking my wife and I got arrested and all that.

So finally I decided to write the book to say that I'm over the tabloid thing and that I was done with this back and forth volley thing we had going on. And really, this book isn't just my way of saying, "Oh life is tough but you can get through it." I'm telling people that I really bottomed out and this stuff wasn't a game. This wasn't a dress rehearsal, man; this shit really happened. I went down the tubes. Bad. I lost everything I had financially and lost my family in a really short amount of time.

GN: When you say you went down the tubes, how did it all go so wrong so quickly?

HH: For a while it seemed like just when things had become the worst they could possibly be, something else would happen. Perfect example is when the prison tapes between me and my son were released. I mean, we knew that they were recording our conversation for security purposes, but no one ever said they were going to be released for public consumption. You never hear the OJ tapes or the Paris Hilton tapes, but suddenly our conversation was being replayed every two minutes and everyone wanted to talk about it and point fingers about what we were talking about. The bottom line with that was that those conversations were about me trying to talk to my son who was sitting in solitary confinement - where most people don't last even three days but he stayed for 28 days - and trying to keep him from doing something like biting his own tongue off or eating his own feces in that cell. So I was saying things like, "Hey brother, we're going to go to the beach when you get out and maybe we'll do a reality show," and talking to him about the laws of attraction.

And then we got to talking about John, the kid in the accident. I mean, he lived with us and we loved him, but he had problems. He treated gay people a certain way. He treated black people a certain way. We were trying to straighten him out, and I was trying to tell Nick that God must have laid some heavy stuff down because of all that other stuff and then that all got turned around on me. That's why I finally decided to just sit down and write this book so I could just tell you everything without holding back. Period.

GN: You recently signed with an organization called TNA Wrestling. What made you decide to get back into the mainstream wrestling world?

HH: That's a huge deal for me, man. I never thought that they would bring me in to like the Vince McMahon role with another wrestling company kind of like I did with WCW years back. I actually used to have this same role back in the day, except it was unofficial. Vince's dad ran the league while I was down here in Minnesota kicking ass with Verne Gagne and when he died, they talked me into coming back. So I came back and found that Vince McMahon, who owns the company now, didn't really understand the business. So I moved in next door to him in Connecticut and taught him all about lifting weights and riding motorcycles and partying like a mad man; and then I taught him about the wrestling business and making money. And now I'm doing that again with TNA Wrestling.

The reason I decided to get back into it is because I'm ready to flip this business over again. It's getting real boring with only one company stuffing this programming down your throat and not allowing fans and the wrestlers the chance to make a choice, and I think it's really important to be able to make that choice instead of just having one option and one option only.

GN: How do you think your presence will help improve the visibility of TNA Wrestling and overall buzz about wrestling in general?

HH: The proof is already out there. In the course of a few days we've got more buzz going for TNA Wrestling then it's had in seven years. For example, no other wrestling organization had ever been able to get into Madison Square Garden in New York for like, 100 years, because Vince owns it and his family owned it before him. So I came in and was like, "Watch this." And we did a press conference at Madison Square Garden.

All I told these guys was that they should give me a chance. If they didn't like what I was doing they can tell me to take a hike, but let me have the chance to come in and take a shot at it. Let the fans and the other wrestlers take a look and decide for themselves what they're in to and I'm confident that I will get this thing rockin'.

GN: Switching gears a little bit, how is your son doing these days and do you think he has any aspirations to break into the wrestling world?

HH: You know, Nick blew my mind a little bit the other day. He's out in L.A. right now and he just finished up a little role in an independent film. So he's out there and he's going on auditions and working with a couple of charities that he started, but then I found out that he was also going and training at a wrestling school at the same time. So he's been doing that for the past couple of months and, you know, I guess we'll see.

GN: You've done a lot of acting and appeared in a lot of movies over the years. What was your favorite movie that you ever appeared in?

HH: Well you know, I actually appeared in like 17 low-budget kids movies and did a bunch of cameos in other movies, but the one that stands out for me was Rocky 3 because so many people still love to ask me about it. That one was especially cool because Stallone came up to me while we were working on our scene and asked me, "What do you think would actually happen if a real 300 pound wrestler fought a 160 pound boxer?" And I told him that if he wanted to know what would really happen in real life, the answer is that he would get his ass whipped. So Stallone actually let me map out that whole match between me and him to make it more realistic and life-like. That was cool.

GN: Big picture, between wrestling, acting, writing and everything else you've accomplished to this point, what do you see for the next chapter in the world of the Hulkster?

HH: The thing for me is that I've tried all this stuff, and my wife used to always tell me that I should have branched out more and gone with more acting and saying stuff like, "Why do you need to keep wrestling? Is that all you can do?" But to make a long story short, bro, wrestling is what I know. I mean, if you get this thing up and running its a billion dollar business. That's what I want to do. I think I have a lot to contribute and I think I have a great understanding of the business. Just watch and see, brother.

ROTFLMAO
11-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Updated Hulkamania Roster, Bischoff-iMPACT
By Marc Middleton
Nov 3, 2009 - 3:25:12 AM

- For those wondering, Eric Bischoff was not backstage at last night's TNA iMPACT tapings.

- Here's the updated roster for Hulk Hogan's Hulkamania tour of Australia this month: Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, The Nasty Boys, Black Pearl, Solofa Fatu Jr. (Rikishi), Edward Fatu (Umaga), Vampire Warrior (Gangrel), Ken Anderson, Brutus Beefcake, Sean Morley (Val Venis), Orlando Jordan, Nick Dinsmore, The Pimp Fatha (Godfather), Heidenreich, Paul London, Rock of Love (Billy Blade and Kaden Anthony), Spartan 3000 (Matt Cross), Lacey Von Erich, Stephanie Pietz and Koa Marie Turner.

juggernaut
11-03-2009, 08:25 PM
arent some of these guys like 80 years old???

Mark
11-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Updated Hulkamania Roster, Bischoff-iMPACT
By Marc Middleton
Nov 3, 2009 - 3:25:12 AM

- For those wondering, Eric Bischoff was not backstage at last night's TNA iMPACT tapings.

- Here's the updated roster for Hulk Hogan's Hulkamania tour of Australia this month: Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, The Nasty Boys, Black Pearl, Solofa Fatu Jr. (Rikishi), Edward Fatu (Umaga), Vampire Warrior (Gangrel), Ken Anderson, Brutus Beefcake, Sean Morley (Val Venis), Orlando Jordan, Nick Dinsmore, The Pimp Fatha (Godfather), Heidenreich, Paul London, Rock of Love (Billy Blade and Kaden Anthony), Spartan 3000 (Matt Cross), Lacey Von Erich, Stephanie Pietz and Koa Marie Turner.

3 weeks! Backstage meet and greet, front row seats... Im there brotha!

ROTFLMAO
11-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Hulk Hogan Teases Steve Austin & Randy Savage For TNA, WWE In Brussels Pictures
By Amish Patel
Nov 9, 2009 - 4:24:40 PM

- WWE.com has posted pictures of their SmackDown and ECW house show in Brussels, which you can see here.

- During a radio interview with Bubba The Love Sponge this morning, Hulk Hogan touted Steve Austin, Randy Savage and The Nasty Boys as possible names that could join him in TNA. Hogan also mentioned he wanted to know how serious Bubba was about a role on TNA creative alongside him. [Thanks to Brian Fritz of BetweenTheRopes.com]

~gymdiva~
11-10-2009, 11:04 AM
3 weeks! Backstage meet and greet, front row seats... Im there brotha!

I expect a full report :yep:

juggernaut
11-10-2009, 11:58 AM
I will start watching wrestling again if that lineup happens

ROTFLMAO
11-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Card for Hogan's Hulkamania Tour Event, Watch the Latest Flair vs. Hogan Promo
By Marc Middleton
Nov 12, 2009 - 8:53:36 AM

- Below is a new promo for the Hulkamania tour of Australia featuring Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan as well as the full card for the November 21st event in Melbourne.

* Nick Dinsmore and The Pimpfatha (Godfather) vs. Rock of Love

* Spartan 3000 Matt Cross vs. Shannon Moore

* Vampire Warrior (Gangrel) & Black Pearl vs. The Nasty Boys with Jimmy Hart

* Brutus Beefcake with Jimmy Hart vs. Heidenreich

* Bikini Challenge with Lacey Von Erich, Stephanie Pietz, Kiara Dillon and Koa Marie Turner

* Sean Morley (Val Venis) vs. Ken Anderson (Kennedy)

* Orlando Jorden & Edward Fatu (Umaga) vs. Solofa Fatu Jr. (Rikishi) & Brian Christopher

* Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan

~gymdiva~
11-17-2009, 11:35 PM
oh MY!

by Nick Paglino
Nov 17, 2009
Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair participated in a press conference today in Sydney, Australia to promote the upcoming "Hulkamania" tour. The conference took a "violent" turn when Flair went off on Hogan and attacked him, leaving The Hulkster a bloody mess. WZ reader Aaron Pegg attended the conference and noted that the attack looked like a "work that went too far." He described it as very brutal, and said that Hogan "went flying off the stage onto a hard floor."

~gymdiva~
11-17-2009, 11:36 PM
let me know if this link works ok for y'all:

HOGAN/FLAIR PICS (http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/photos-hogan-a-bloody-mess-at-todays-press-conference-90677)

Mark
11-18-2009, 12:40 AM
Holy shit, that's cool.

ROTFLMAO
11-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Mainstream media treats bloody Hogan-Flair brawl as possibly legitimate
By Brian Cantor
Nov 18, 2009 - 11:48:47 AM

The mainstream media is known for frequently looking down at the pro wrestling industry, but every once in a while, it is wrestling that gets the last laugh.

A press conference for the Australian Hulkmania tour turned into an angle Wednesday, as opponents Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair staged a brawl for the live crowd--it ended with Hulk Hogan bleeding profusely in front of the on-site media.

Though it was clearly a work, a number of mainstream media sources ran stories under the impression that the "brawl" was legitimate.

"Pro-wrestling has a long history of orchestrating rivalries between crowd favourites and villains...Bouts are often staged with the outcome preordained...This track record has led to speculation that today's events are nothing more than a promotional event," said ABC News Australia, acting as if those dismissing the events as storyline are merely "speculating."

Perez Hilton covered the story from a similar perspective, acting as if it was going out on a limb in saying, "we don't buy it."

One similarly cannot ignore MTV Australia's take on the story: "While it’s unclear whether it was a publicity stunt or a bona-fide brawl, there’s little doubt the scene upset onlookers."

Though the most recent mainstream takes on the issue are coming to the realization that the brawl was staged, many are still treating the storyline nature of the attack as a news story in and of itself.

ROTFLMAO
11-19-2009, 06:18 PM
-- Hulk Hogan has reportedly admitted to reporters in Australia that his brawl with Ric Flair at Tuesday's press conference that left Hogan's face covered in blood was all just part of the show. Just hours after the Flair attack, Hogan showed up at the Sydney Football Stadium for another press conference looking "fit and healthy." Australia's Wentworth Courier newspaper reports that Hogan told reporters, "It took me about half an hour to get freshened up before I ran back out, it got a bit crazy. I didn’t plan on going backwards off the stage, that was a bit of a shock."

TheCutMan
11-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Damn this storyline is taking off pretty well. Even over here in Germany it got main media coverage. I laughed my ass off when people on different channels in all seriousness called it a "legitimate fight".
And that's the same people that generally talk down on wrestling because it's all "fake" and full of shit. Well who is full of shit now? ;)

Mark
11-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Yeah, brothers, I'll be shaking hands with the man in 3 nights time!

ROTFLMAO
11-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Posted in: RESULTS
Hulk Hogan's Hulkamania Results from Perth, Australia 11/24/2009
By Marc Middleton
Nov 24, 2009 - 5:19:13 PM

Hulk Hogan's Hulkamania Tour
Perth, Australia - November 24th, 2009
Report by Jaredin Mayfair, F4Wonline.com

I attended the second leg of the Hulkamania tour tonight in Perth, Australia.

The setup was decent, with a big screen periodically playing backstage vignettes throughout the night and a ring adorned with red and yellow Hulkamania ropes. Music and titantrons were all generic. Crowd was shy to start off with, but got into the show as it went along and were really hot for the main event.

Here are the results:

Match 1 - Rikishi & Brian Christopher def. Rock Of Love

Basic match built around Rikishi setting up and eventually performing the stinkface. It got a decent pop from the crowd. Rikishi sat on a guy for the win. Rikishi, Christopher and the referee danced after the match,

Match 2 Shannon Moore def. Spartan 3000 Matt Cross

It was announced this was the 2nd match in a best of 3 series to win $25,000. Matt Cross has a Spartan warrior gimmick. Moore won with a corkscrew moonsault, tieing the series at 1-1. Moore looked good, I could see him fitting in OK in TNA.

Match 3 Rosey def. Godfather (w/Ho s) and Val Venis in a Three Way Dance

Rosey came out in his old superhero gear. According to his titantron, his ring name was Big Daddy Row Row. Val Venis heeled on the crowd before the match. Godfather s Ho s got the second biggest pop of the night. Basically Rosey and Godfather teaming up on Val. Funny moment where Rosey was hitting jabs on Val and the crowd chanted S.H.I.T. with each punch. Rosey pinned Val with a samoan drop. Rosey and Godfather left together with the Ho s after the match.

Match 4 Heidenreich & Gangrel & Black Pearl def. Nasty Boys & Eugene (w/Jimmy Hart)

Heidenreich was doing the Heidenwalk. Gangrel did the blood spit. Lots of stalling in this match, the heels got the heat on Eugene as the Nasty Boys pumped up the crowd. Sags looks in really good shape, Knobs not so much. At one point as the heels worked on Eugene, Gangrel screamed Kill that retard! . Probably the worst match of the night. Jimmy Hart doesn t seem to age. Heidenreich ended up pinning Eugene with a sidewalk slam. Nastys teased using some plunder, but didn t deliver.

Intermission

Bikini Contest

3 unknowns came out and Godfather hosted. It ended up breaking down into a pillow fight.

Match 5 Orlando Jordan def. Ken Kennedy

Kennedy did his pre-match mic routine but said Mr Anderson instead. Orlando s theme music has a line saying All the girls love me, and all the guys want to get with me . Probably the best match of the night, they worked well together. Orlando got the pin using the ropes.

Match 6 Umaga def. Brutus Beefcake (w/Jimmy Hart)

Strange matchup. Very short, with Umaga getting the pin after the Samoan Spike. Brutus sold it big time and was helped to the back afterwards.

Match 6 Hulk Hogan def. Ric Flair (w/Lacey Von Erich)

Before the match, the ring announcer said this is now No DQ. Deafening reactions for both Hogan and Flair. Hogan came out to the WCW American Made theme music. Both bled heavily very early in the match. Lots of chops to Hogan, he took his only back bump in the match from one of them. Hogan threw Flair off the top rope. Flair did the full moon spot. Orlando Jordan and Heidenreich came out and started beating down Hogan, but the Nasty Boys made the save and also gave Flair Pitty City. Hogan and Flair crowd brawled for a while. At one point Jimmy Hart came out and pulled Lacey Von Erich off the apron, accidentally exposing her ass for a moment. Hogan also gave her an atomic drop. Umaga then came out and beat up on Hogan and gave him the corner splash. Hogan then Hulked up, gave Flair a terrible big boot then clocked him with Jimmy Hart s megaphone for the pin.

Hogan did his posing routine for a few minutes after the match to end the show.

In retrospect, the show was nothing special. The action was basic, and the spectacle of the main event got really cheapened by all the run-ins. However, it was worth it for the chance to see both Hogan and Flair live, especially here in isolated Western Australia.

~gymdiva~
12-01-2009, 11:47 PM
by Matt Boone
Dec 01, 2009

Jenn C. sent along the following:

I don't know if anyone watches the late night show Chelsea Lately but they just mentioned being on the same flight back to the U.S. from Australia as Hulk Hogan and Brutus Beefcake. They had a picture of a staff member with Hulk and said that Brutus was very drunk and obnoxious. They were less than complimentary. The show is on the E! network.

ROTFLMAO
12-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Posted in: TNA
Hulk Hogan Comments On Jeff Hardy, RVD & Kennedy Going To TNA (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Dec 8, 2009 - 12:06:54 PM

Thanks to reader Andrew for sending in the following live report of Hulk Hogan’s Monday appearance on Bubba the Love Sponge’s radio show:

– Interestingly, he made mention of Rob Van Dam and how over he was in WWE. He said “politics” was the reason RVD was never as successful as he should have been.

– When Bubba mentioned Jeff Hardy, Hulk said he would “love to have Jeff Hardy” in TNA.

– Hulk said he has not spoken to Randy Savage or Scott Hall.

– Hogan said he has not spoken to Vince Russo. He once again said that if Vince Russo is able to come up with a great idea he would listen.

– He once again squashed rumors that he was only coming to TNA as a talent. He said that he would be the booker in TNA.

– Hogan said the writers will be in a “secondary position” in TNA and that if the workers have to have the writers to get over then they can “head up north [to WWE] where everything is scripted.”

– Hulk put over Umaga and Mr. Kennedy [Hulk called him Mr. Kennedy, not Mr. Anderson] saying they “tore it down” in Australia.

– Hulk told a story about when he was wrestling in San Francisco and met a then 3-year-old Eddie “Umaga” Fatu.

–Hogan said that the night before Umaga died, he spoke with him and told Umaga he would love to involve him in his plans for TNA, and that was the last time he ever spoke to him.

– Bubba mentioned that today is Ravishing Rick Rude’s birthday. Hogan put Rick over and said that he was really good friends with him. They spoke about some other topics including Hogan’s divorce and the Tiger Woods situation but that was the extent of the TNA and wrestling related topics that were covered.

ROTFLMAO
12-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Posted in: TNA
Hulk Hogan Cancels Appearance On The Surf Last Night
By Amish Patel
Dec 9, 2009 - 12:59:59 PM

Transcript Source: Erjus Resuli and Pwinsider.com

Hulk Hogan was supposed to be a guest on The Surf last night here in Canada, which is a live show, but they announced that he had an interview earlier and was coughing a lot, therefore couldn't make it on the show. Apparently he came down with a bad cold from Australia.

The host was wearing a yellow shirt and red tie and the backstage crew were all decked out in red and yellow Hulk gear. About halfway through the show they revealed that Jimmy Hart, who was thought to be making an appearance as well, also backed out. The host said it was odd how he couldn't make it considering how willing they were to provide transportation for him.

The interactive producer John Pollock called in and said he had talked to Hulk who sounded sick during the interview. He said Hulk claimed he had a problem with a lot of the people currently in TNA, some of who he had worked with before, particularly the writing staff and Russo. Hogan apparently said he was going to be assessing everyone and wouldn't have a problem walking out on TNA if he has issues with the way things are run there.

Hogan was apparently critical of Bischoff's work in WCW as well during the interview, to which the host said was odd because Bischoff has been the shining light for Hogan whenever he was in need. I don't know if Hogan was being "truthful" or doing a worked shoot for the interview.

They also talked about Hogan's financial issues with the divorce and said how his new book was by far better than the old one.

ROTFLMAO
12-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Hulk Hogan on The Main Event interview recap
By The Main Event
Dec 14, 2009 - 11:29:08 PM

MainEventRadio.com
HULK HOGAN INTERVIEW RECAP – DECEMBER 13TH 2009

Hulk Hogan Interview Recap: Hulk Hogan stepped into the Main Event this week to speak about what made him want to go to TNA, the changes he would like to see implemented, Dixie, Russo, finally gives an answer to the longstanding question of why WWE prevented Hogan/Flair from happening at WM8, dealing with adversity, and much more in this 20 minute discussion!

SHOW: The Main Event, Sundays on CJLO 1690AM in Montreal
HOSTS: Ryan Rider and the Viz

Can Be Downloaded At: MainEventRadio.com, on Itunes, or via YouTube @ YouTube- Hulk Hogan Interview - Main Event Radio Part 1 of 3

Q: You are listening to the Main Event Radio show, my name is Ryan Rider, with me I have the Viz. 2010 is just a few weeks away and it’s shaping up to be a huge year for professional wrestling. The biggest story has got to be the acquisition by TNA Wrestling of the legendary icon, the Immortal Hulk Hogan. And now for the second time, I’d like to welcome on the line none other than the Hulkster himself, Hulk Hogan welcome to the Main Event!

A: Man, are you guys talking about me again? I’m doing good, really good. Just got back from a little Hulkamania tour in Australia, and I’m getting my momentum back, brother.

Q: The last time you joined our program you spoke about how you were watching TNA and that they needed that one momentum shifting move. Now, three years later it has finally happened – you’ve signed on the dotted line. Looks like you are going to give Vince McMahon a run for his money one more time. What can we expect from the partnership between you, Hulk, and TNA?

A: We kind of like made that announcement at the UFC in Las Vegas that we are going to go head-to-head on Monday nights. I think the fans want to see those Monday Night Wars again like 10-11 years ago. The fans need a choice and the talent also needs a choice. Me partnering up with Dixie Carter, I’ve got a set of fresh eyes. I’m not all about the writers and the writers telling you what to say. I’m not about going to the arena and having somebody go, “here’s your agent Gerald Brisco or your agent Pat Patterson”. I’m not about talking 4-5 hours about a 10 minute match. The way I feel is that if these guys can’t talk and they can’t wrestle they outta pack their bags and head up north.

On the Writers: "The writers have a place. They add like icing on the cake. I understand protocol and blocking shows and segments and I understand why they're necessary, but this is a talent-driven business. There's a feel; there's an 'it' factor for this. I want to give these wrestlers life and find themselves and become larger-than-life characters. Really do this wrestling business the right way instead of like a bunch of robots that are interchangeable parts and if somebody gets hurt, you replace the wrestler with another wrestler who used to work at Walmart. It’s gotta change."

Q: So what made you decide to finally decide to get the ball rolling and sign with Dixie?

A: The truth is I’ve been talking to her on and off for 4 or 5 years. I had a tough couple of years. I lost my family, financially I got wiped out, I had three back surgeries. It was so toxic and such a negative relationship at home for 23 years. That was kind of like the first half of the game – I did some good stuff in the first half of the game and there was a lot of negative stuff in my personal life. Now this is the second half of the game and I’ve decided to take the high road and go back to work, get back on track. I had the choice to go the route of reality TV or more kids movies or the wrestling business. The partnership with Dixie Carter was both self-serving and it was also necessary for me and it's in my blood. When they told me I could turn this thing upside down instead of just coming in as a talent and wrestling - and coming in with 'Vince McMahon' control - then I’m interested.

I wasn't going to just to come in as another wrestler and we do half-a-number this week, then after three or four weeks of seeing the shirt ripped off and the leg dropped, then nobody cares anymore. But if it was to really come in and see who can go and who can't - and I'm not coming in with an edge; everyone has something to contribute whether it's Vince Russo, the other writers, all the wrestlers. I want to hear what they have to say because I learn from everybody. And the people who can’t pull their own weight, they will be gone. So I’m excited about going there.

Q: On January 4th Live on SpikeTV TNA Impact is going head to head with Raw for a Monday Night War 2.0. What do you think their chances are going up against WWE’s flagship show?

A: Vince is going to throw everything he hast you. I just went to the Australian Tour and he did everything he could to upset the apple cart. He thinks he is the only one who should breathe the air in wrestling and I think that other people should have opportunities in business. When I talked to Spike about going head-to-head on Monday nights, I did it for a reason. If you're going to pick a fight, pick a big fight. Everybody was scared of their own shadow, “What if we don't do a number?”.

The thing is - don't even worry about it. You have to give the audience a choice. Ever since I made this announcement, you wouldn't believe some of the wrestlers that have been calling me. A lot of friends, a lot of people in WWE who are not happy with their current situation. And you know; we just might surprise you. We might just get some momentum on Monday nights and turn this thing upside down quicker than you think.

Q: On Impact, Kevin Nash has stated that you are coming in and you’re not coming alone. Which talents are you currently scouting to bring in with you?

A: Brother, I’m not telling you who I’m bringing in. You’ve been around long enough, you know I’m not gonna tell. But Kevin is talking about bringing the band back together, and you know what he’s talking about [the nWo]. I don’t need any problems; I just want guys who really want to work hard. We’ve all matured a lot and we’ve all learned from our mistakes. Putting the band back together might be a part of the whole deal.

Q: One of the biggest things you’ve done recently is work with Ric Flair, in Australia, as a part of the Hulkamania tour. How did the matches feel to you at this point in the game, and how was it working together after so long?

A: Talk about being a step behind – when you have three back surgeries in the period of one year, you just never know what’s going to happen in there. I didn’t know if my back was going to hold up. The first night I found out that whenever I take a bump, I can’t even roll to the right. That’s the first thing that woke me up. The first night really caught me off guard. Taking a bump to the outside, I couldn’t go out the way I usually did. There were a lot of things that we different because I had not wrestled since the back surgery. Halfway through the match I got my game back. There were a couple of situations I couldn’t do so I adjusted really quick. The good thing about it was that the fans were there. As soon as I came out, hit the stage, the fans are still there. It was so loud, it was unbelievable. That makes it easy when the fans were there. Once I got in there, Flair being the player that he is – he was all wound up, he was worried about being a step back. He lost his confidence because of all the crap they did to him in WWE, but he got back to his game and by the middle of the match we were back on and we had a great time. We tore it down. There are a few things that I do a differently than back then. You might notice the standard Hulk Hogan stuff that goes on in the ring. It’s not rocket science, it just works. That’s what’s beautiful about it.

I’m not going into TNA as a talent; I’m going in there to run the company. But you never know. I can be in there giving a corporate lecture, and if the fans are going “Hogan-Sting, Hogan-Sting,” it’s kind of hard not to give them what they want. I think we learned that at Wrestlemania 18. You can plan to make someone one of the most evil bad guys in the world and try to push someone to Mount Everest as a squeaky clean good guy but if the fans start booing the good guy in the building, you need to call an audible. You can’t tell the fans what to watch. When the fans booed the Rock out of the building they told Vince McMahon that you may try to get us to hate Hulk Hogan but that’s not how it is. We respect and love this guy for how long he’s been in the business and what he’s gone through. And I’m going through that gut instinct and give the fans what they want.

Q: On the Flair topic, one of the most wondered about and debated wrestling topics of this generation has been why WWE didn’t use Hogan vs. Flair for Wrestlemania when it had the chance, this topic has been commented on but never legitimately answered, why did one of the potentially biggest matches in history, not take place?

A: In my opinion, Vince was trying to even out the playing field. It started with Wrestlemania 1 – playing the music, the “Eye of the Tiger”. All of a sudden this Hulk Hogan character took off and it got out of control. There were different deals cut and Hulk Hogan was doing things that we never done before. All of a sudden, all the wrestlers like [Roddy] Piper, Big John Studd, Andre the Giant, and then Hulk Hogan has a whole different approach and attitude than everybody else. It kind of got larger than life and kind of got out of control. I think it was an attempt – ever since Wrestlemania with the Ultimate Warrior, the WWF were trying to make Hulk Hogan disappear. But the fans didn’t want that. I can go down the list of every single time they wanted to ride the horse until it dropped, shoot it, and then eat it. Every time they rode me until I dropped, I got back up and I kept going. I can go down and give you every single beat where they wantd to give a bullet to Hulk Hogan but it’s just not happening brother. The fans are loyal; I’ve been around so long so they know how I feel about the wrestling business. Whether you like my work or not, the fans respect me.

As far as Wrestlemania 8 goes, I think the situation was getting out of control. I think that Hogan vs Flair was so big that nothing else on that card mattered. I think that it would have made it out of control. You look at Hogan/Flair and then what do you do with the rest of the card after that? I think Vince saw the momentum of this tidal wave coming at him so he shut it down before it got enough momentum to wipe out the whole world. He put me against Sid Vicious – and I think the switch was at the last minute. Me and Flair just looked at each other and we knew what was up.

Q: Let’s move to another topic – you recently published a new autobiography entitled “My Life Outside the Ring”. Here’s a little plug – you are going to be in Montreal tomorrow at the Indigo Bookstore signing copies of it on 1500 McGill Street downtown from 2pm on so I definitely encourage all the Hulkamaniacs in the area to get down there. Hulk, what made you decide to write a second book, one that is much different and a lot more open than your first one?

A: The first book was censored by the WWE. I wrote this book because I had a couple of tough years like I said. I had the choice to become another statistic like some of these other wrestlers and turn everything into a crime scene but instead I decided to take the high road. Like I said, I lost everything in a two year period - my family, financially I got wiped out, I had to do a lot of soul searching. With the economy and with the way the world was down, people were having such a tough time. I wrote this book to show that people with tough times, no matter how bad things are, hang in there and things will get better. I also wrote this book because a lot of people didn’t realize that for 23 years I was in a real toxic, negative relationship with someone that drank a lot, cussed all the time, and hated everything. I wanted people to know that that’s not normal, that is not how things should be. Life is joyful and happy, and if you’re in a relationship like that, especially if you are passing on those values to your children, that is wrong. Life is not supposed to be like that. I wanted to let people know to be positive and to hang in there if you are having a tough time and things will get better.

Q: You’ve been one of the biggest stars on Planet Earth for the last almost 30 years. You’ve had the highest highs and some of the lowest lows that any human being can experience. After experiencing such bad adversity in your life, what would you you’re your millions of fans, how would you tell them to deal with the adversity in their lives?

A: You just got to get a grip and follow your gut. If you want to be happy or sad, negative or positive. You can’t get sucked into this giant vacuum like Tiger Woods is right now or just hide your head in the sand and think it will go away. If you’re in a bad relationship or if you’re unhappy with your current situation, when would “now” be the right time to change it? You can change it right now if you want to, moving on and thinking positively and moving away from the dirty air and breathing clean air – or the “now” could be 20 years from now and keep being miserable. But you’ve got the opportunity if you’re unhappy with your current situation to change it right now.

Q: I don’t want to spoil the book for those who have not yet had a chance to read it, but one of the most memorable parts of it for me was the part where you spoke about the initiations in your early days – Hiro Matsuda breaking your leg, and even more so the incident with Pat Patterson and Buddy Colt pulling a major rib on you which you fell for. Do you feel that wrestling has changed from back then?

A: I didn’t fall for that brother – I didn’t give anybody oral sex. The sick part is if I had big scarred and a big enough mark, those guys would have loved for it to happen. That’s what those guys are all about. They used to party like crazy. I haven’t been around Patterson for years but he’s still like that. I mean if you’re gay, then you’re gay, you don’t change that. [Maybe he misunderstood the question?]

Q: TNA is a 7-year old company that has maintained a strong base. What will Hulk Hogan build on top of that base?

A: Brother, we are going to flip this thing upside down. I’m going in January 4th and that is only going to be the very beginning so just hang on for the ride! I love you guys and I’ll talk to you later.

ROTFLMAO
01-14-2010, 11:33 PM
HULK HOGAN - FAQ

How many world titles has Hulk Hogan held?
Six in WWF/E (1984-1988, 1989-1990, 1991, 1991-1992, 1993, 2002), seven in WCW, and one in New Japan.

Why did Hulk Hogan leave the AWA?
Hogan was promised the world title by AWA owner Verne Gagne but whenever he was slated to win it the title change would be held off so Hogan got fed up with it and decided to go to the WWF.

Why did Hulk Hogan leave the WWWF?
Vince McMahon Sr. didn't want Hulk Hogan as his champion because Hogan was just in a Rocky movie and McMahon didn't want a "Hollywood" star wrestling for him. It's not known though whether Hogan left on his own or was fired.

Funny thing is that Vince McMahon Jr. rehired Hogan later on for the same thing his dad hated about Hogan.

How did Hulk Hogan get that black eye at Wrestlemania 9?
There are actually three stories given to explain it.

The story given by WWF officials was that he was is a jet-ski accident. The story given on WWF television was that Ted Dibiase hired a group to attack Hogan so he would be weakened before their match. The other story given is that he was punched by Randy Savage while they were arguing about Savage's ex-wife Elizabeth. Savage believed Hogan was sleeping with Elizabeth while she was still married to him and confronted Hogan about it backstage. Savage apologized later on but bad blood still remains between the two over Elizabeth. It seems that the legit reason is the jet-ski accident.

Why did Hulk Hogan leave the WWF in 1993?
Three reasons: The steroid scandal, money and creative control. Vince McMahon thought Hogan's days as being the WWF's top star were over and wanted Bret Hart to take his spot. The result would be that Hogan would have to take a pay cut and have less say in his storylines. Hogan didn't want Vince's offer so he decided to go make a couple movies and return at a later date.

What was Hogan's theme song in WCW?
"Voodoo Child" by Jimi Hendrix. The song is on his "Electric Ladyland" album.

Why did Hulk Hogan turn heel in 1996?
When Hogan signed with WCW in 1994 officials hoped that they could relive the days of Hulkamania. However due to Hogan's bad booking his storylines were very unrealistic and boring. As a result fans started booing Hogan and a change was needed.

Hogan was taken off television for a while and at the time Scott Hall and Kevin Nash had just joined WCW and were doing the Outsiders angle. Hall and Nash said they had a third member of their team which was suppose to be Bret Hart but at the last minute Hart decided to stay with WWF. A replacement was needed and Hogan took the role and became Hollywood Hogan.

Who owns the rights to "Hulkamania" "Hulk Hogan" and "Hulkster"?
Marvel Comics. When Hulk Hogan first wrestled under the "Hulk" name he was known at "The Incredible Hulk Hogan". Marvel Comics had a television show and comic book at the time called "The Incredible Hulk". Marvel thought the WWF was copying their "Hulk" character and warned WWF to stop. Instead of stopping the "Hulkamania" character the WWF made a deal with Marvel to recognize Marvel as the owner of all the "Hulk" names and in return Marvel gave the WWF a license to merchandise the Hulk name. When Hulk Hogan went to WCW they signed a similar deal with Marvel.

It should be noted that when Hulk Hogan became Hollywood Hogan he tried to cancel the Marvel deal but it didn't work out well and the deal is still alive.

How much does Hulk Hogan make?
In the WWF he made a rumored wage of 2 to 3 million a year. He also received bonuses though which were very high.

In WCW it's rumored he made a guaranteed 4 to 12 million a year. He also made a rumored $250,000 for each television appearance. He also received a portion of the pay per view revenues he was involved in.

Is he related to Horace Boulder?
Yes. Horace Bollea is Hogan's nephew. He is the only person related to Hulk Hogan that is in the wrestling business.

Is he related to Mike Awesome?
No. The rumor comes from the fact that Mike Awesome is cousins with Horace Boulder. He is not related to Hogan though.

What were all the jokes about Voodoo Chili?
Hollywood Hogan used the song "Voodoo Child" as his theme song in WCW. The song is on Jimi Hendrix's Electric Ladyland album. There's also a song on the same album called "Voodoo Chile" which is a 18 minute jam session. The songs are both very different and have no connection between each other. Anyway, on a WCW Thunder Mike Tenay confused the songs and announced Hogan's song as "Voodoo Chili". The incident became a joke in the wrestling world and didn't stop for a long while.

Is there heat between Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage?
There has been heat between Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan for a longtime but it is an on and off thing. One year Savage and Hogan are buddies and the next year one of them hates the other. The main reasons for their fighting is that Savage believes he wasn't pushed well in WCW and somehow blames Hogan for it. The other reason is Savage's ex-wife who was rumored to be sleeping with Hogan during and after her marriage to Savage.

Is there heat between Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart?
Hogan and Hart have had some heat and the reason is because Hogan would not drop the WWF Title to Bret Hart. Hart was going to be WWF's next big star and Vince McMahon wanted Hogan to drop the title to Bret Hart and sort of pass the torch as Andre the Giant once did to Hogan. Hogan had a different plan and wanted to drop the title to Yokozuna a then Bret Hart would win it from him. Hogan got his way and left the WWF after dropping the title to Yokozuna and a match between Hogan and Hart never did take place.

Is there heat between Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon?
I'm not too sure if Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan have any heat with each other but there has to have been some. At the end of Hogan's WWF run he was very pushy and exercised his booking power a lot. Hogan wanted the title at Wrestlemania 9 and after McMahon gave it to him Hogan didn't even show up to any television tapings until the King of the Ring. After Hogan dropped the title at KOTR McMahon and Hogan couldn't get along about booking power and money so Hulk Hogan left. I'm pretty sure it had to do with his bickering with McMahon.

Has Hulk Hogan used steroids?
Yes. Hogan stated many times that he had never used them until finally admitted that he did in the WWF Steroid Trial in 1993. At the time Hogan was using them they were still legal and most every athlete was using them.

What happened with Hulk Hogan and Vince Russo at Bash at the Beach 2000? Was it a work or shoot?
At Bash at the Beach 2000 Hulk Hogan was to fight Jeff Jarrett for the WCW World Title. Hogan thought he should win so he used the clause in his contract that gave him creative control over all the finishes of his matches. Booker Vince Russo was furious with Hogan at this and didn't think Hogan should be champion.

So Hogan went out for the match thinking everything was all right and he'd win the match. But as soon as the match started Jarrett layed down in the middle of the ring and told Hogan to pin him. Hogan pinned Jarrett and became the new world champion.

After the match Vince Russo came out and said he wanted to get rid of all the old guys and that since Hogan didn't want to job to Jarrett a new WCW world title would be made and Booker T and Jeff Jarrett would fight to it later that night. Hogan was never seen or mentioned on WCW television after the event and he filed a lawsuit against WCW and Vince Russo soon after.

It is still unknown what was actually a work and what was a shoot. In all likely hood it is a shoot since Hogan did file a real lawsuit and was never on WCW television again.

Did Hulk Hogan assault a talk show host?
As promotion for the Wrestlemania event in 1985 Hulk Hogan appeared on a talk show called "Hot Properties". The show's host Richard Belzer wanted Hulk to show everyone a wrestling hold during the show. Hogan put a headlock on Belzer and must have accidently applied too much pressure because Belzer was knocked unconscious and hit his head on a table. Belzer's head was busted open and he needed stitches to close the wound.

Even though Belzer agreed to do the move he filed a lawsuit against the WWF and after a long time of putting off the case the WWF and Belzer settled the case out of court.

Why did Hulk Hogan win the WWF title at Wrestlemania 9 when he wasn't even scheduled to be in the title match?
When Hulk Hogan left the WWF in 1992 business started declining and by 1993 the WWF desperately wanted Hogan back. So Hogan agreed to return but demanded a lot more say in his storylines. Vince McMahon reluctantly agreed and Hogan returned a few weeks later.

At Wrestlemania 9 Hogan was scheduled to tag with Brutus Beefcake against Tag champions Money Inc. Hogan thought he was too big of a star to be a tag champion and wanted the world title instead. So Hogan and Vince McMahon came up with the plan that Hogan and Brutus would be disqualified in their match and then later in the card Yokozuna would be Bret Hart for the World title. Hogan would then come out and challenge Yokozuna and beat him in under 2 minutes to become the new champion.

McMahon then planned that Hogan and Bret Hart would eventually fight in a big match at Summerslam 1993 in which Hogan would drop the title to Hart. Hogan didn't want to drop the title in a clean victory to another face and wanted to lose the title to the heel Yokozuna at King of the Ring 1993. Hogan also didn't want Yokozuna to get a clean victory over him so he came up with the idea that a cameraman would climb on the ring apron and his camera would explode in Hogan's face and Yokozuna would then pin Hogan. After the match Hogan was rarely seen or talked about on WWF television again.

Did Hulk Hogan sexually assault a woman in 1996?
No. In January 1996 a woman named Kate Kennedy claimed she was sexually assaulted by Hogan. Kennedy eventually filed a lawsuit and a few days later Hogan fired a counter suit saying that Kennedy was trying to extort money from him.

The lawsuits went to court and the court went in favor of Hogan after Hogan's lawyer Geoffrey Jarpe convinced the jury that Hogan did not assault Kennedy and that she was indeed after his money.

What's the XWF? Is Hulk Hogan the owner of it? Is he a part of it?
The XWF is a new wrestling federation based out in Florida. It's full name is Xtreme Wrestling Federation and it held it's first television tapings in November of 2001 at Universal Studios and held three house shows in December of 2001. Hulk Hogan is not the sole owner of the group but may be an investor in it.

When did Hulk Hogan appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated?
Hulk Hogan appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated on April 29, 1985. It was the second best selling issue of that year right behind the swimsuit edition.

Has Hulk Hogan used any drugs besides steroids?
Yes. Hogan used marijuana in his days as a musician and in the beginning of his AWA career.

Why didn't Hulk Hogan use his "Real American" theme song in WCW?
To make it short and sweet, the WWF has the rights to that theme song. The song was originally written by Rick Derringer in 1986 for Mike Rotundo (IRS) and Barry Windham, but was later given to Hogan after Windham's WWF departure.

Did Hulk Hogan go to Eric Bischoff about turning heel?
Well here is the story. I'll explain everything from beginning to end so I won't have to answer a different version of this question. Shortly after WrestleMania 12, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall had signed with WCW. Eric Bischoff had this idea of making a stable where they would try to take over a company. His idea came from Japan. Anyway, Bret Hart's WWF contract had expired too and was free to go anywhere. Bischoff's idea was to have Bret Hart be the third man in the NWO with Hall and Nash. Hart eventually turned down the offer and stayed with the WWF. Then the idea was all written down, Sting was suppose to be the third man in joining the NWO. At that time, Hogan was in California for some kind of acting role or something. Bischoff went to see him for a different reason and told him about the NWO angle. Hulk Hogan said "Hey, what about me?" No one would expect Hogan to turn heel, so it would be a huge thing and it was. Bischoff agreed to the idea and brought Hogan in as the third man. So to answer your question, yes, Hogan was the one who requested it.

The main event at Wrestlemania 3 was Hulk Hogan against Andre the Giant. At the beginning of the match Hogan attempts a body slam. He couldn't get Andre fully up so he fell on him. Was that supposed to happen, or was Hogan suppose to body slam him then and win the match right away?
Everything went as planned. It was suppose to be that way. Can you imagine a one-minute main event WWF title match in front of the largest WWF audience of all-time? That would have been disappointing.

billy mimnaugh
01-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Hogan and Eric Jerkoff will destroy this fed in three months.

SUMO
01-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Hogan and Eric Jerkoff will destroy this fed in three months.
And yet they'll still get paid since they signed with TNA's parent company and not TNA. That's wrong on so many levels. Definitely sucks for every other guy on the roster.

swoleoneday
01-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Funny thing is that on Impact, Jarrett, Hogan, Bischoff, it just showed that Jarrett wasn't in their league. Jeff wasn't convincing at all in that promo/segment. He just looked out of place while Hogan and Bischoff were trying to help him along.

Even though I don't care for Hogan or Bischoff in TNA, they are clearly better on the mic than Jarrett.

ROTFLMAO
01-18-2010, 01:04 AM
Hulk Hogan Says Linda McMahon Is a Great Person, Talks About Vince Running WWE
By Marc Middleton
Jan 17, 2010 - 3:14:43 AM

- Hulk Hogan appeared at the TV critics press event in California this past Friday to support Spike TV and TNA iMPACT but had nothing but good things to say about Linda McMahon and her senate bid.

Hogan said, "I think she's going to win. She's brilliant. She's a very gracious, very smart lady, and her intent and her agenda has always been to help the community and be plugged in and be involved. Inside or outside that wrestling world that the McMahons have created, Linda McMahon is a great person."

Hogan didn't have the same to say about Vince McMahon. He said, "My philosophy is different than the WWE model where Vince McMahon will ride someone until they drop. He will shoot them and eat them. A transition must be made between new stars and the old. Nothing has to be edgy and personal and pull the carpet out from under people. There's a way to make all of this work, but the focus has to be on the future, and that's one of the things that has to happen. And that's the biggest mistake that Vince McMahon made. My time should be over. I should be done and gone. There should have been two generations already that should have replaced me. But because things were executed correctly, I'm alive and well, and I can sell out any ring in the country right now."

~gymdiva~
05-30-2010, 02:04 AM
from wrestlezone/TMZ:

by Matt Boone
May 29, 2010
The following is an article on TMZ.com:

Hulk Hogan's Back -- No Longer Wack

TMZ has learned Hulk Hogan underwent successful back surgery this week -- and is already out of the hospital.

Sources close to the family tell TMZ the Hulkster had the procedure done on Wednesday -- it took 3-4 hours to complete. We're told bone spurs had shaken loose in his back, but docs were able to remove them.

Hogan is doing so well, that we're told he was released from the hospital the very same night.

Before the surgery, Hogan had a medical scare related to his heart -- but as we first reported, follow-up tests showed that Hulk's ticker was just fine.

~gymdiva~
11-16-2010, 03:12 PM
By Dave Scherer on 2010-11-16 15:00:54

We have just been sent a press release from the Florin/Roebig Law Firm in Florida stating that Terry "Hulk Hogan" Bollea filed an amended lawsuit in Pinellas County Florida Circuit Court today against Wells Fargo Insurance Services Southeast and Wells Fargo Insurance Services, USA, as well as his ex-wife Linda.

The suit is in response to the August 27, 2007 accident where Hogan's son Nick was driving Hogan's car, crashed and seriously injured John Graziano. The Graziano Family brought suit against Hogan in 2008, at which time Hogan discovered he was only insured for $250,000 in personal liability. He had no excess insurance coverage to protect his fortune of more than $30 million.

The suit points out that under oath during divorce proceedings, Linda said she was Hulk Hogan's Business Manager and thus asserts that the threesome owed Hogan a "fiduciary duty under Florida law to act in his best interest in regard to adequately protecting his assets in the event of a potential third party liability claim against him for automobile accidents involving vehicles own by Hogan". It claims that all parties had a duty, in essence, to tell Hogan he needed more insurance.

In March of 2010, Hogan settled with the Grazianos for in excess of the $250,000 that he was insured for and claims that the excess amount he was forced to pay was due to the three parties not doing their duties.

He is suing for full recovery.

HammerStrength12
11-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Didn't the Hulkster have back surgery again recently? I remember reading him saying he's in constant excruciating pain. Poor guy, must really suck having to live like that.

ROTFLMAO
01-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Hulk Hogan posted on his Twitter today that his mother, Ruth Bollea, passed away at the age of 88.

Hulk tweeted, "Its been a tough day,my mom passed today.she was my biggest fan, ii love her so much.happy new year to everyone."