PDA

View Full Version : NY Daily News Plugs RX Muscle!!

John Romano
02-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Check it out!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2009/02/17/2009-02-17_steroid_experts_say_alex_rodriguezs_expl.html

Steroid experts say Alex Rodriguez's explanation incomplete

BY MICHAEL O'KEEFFE, TERI THOMPSON AND NATHANIEL VINTON
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITERS

Updated Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 10:35 AM

As Alex Rodriguez described a steroid regimen that involved two Primobolan injections a month over a period of three seasons Tuesday in a Tampa press conference, steroid experts choked back their disbelief.

Sports medicine physician Lewis Maharam, the past president of the New York chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine, said he didn't believe A-Rod's claims that his use of performance-enhancing drugs amounted to "amateur" and "immature" experimentation. Steroid users use Primobolan - Rodriguez referred to using "boli or bole", the street name for Primobolin, according to experts - in conjunction with testosterone because the combination builds strength but doesn't add extreme bulk.

Whoever was helping A-Rod administer the drugs, Maharam said, knew what they were doing. "He did it for three years," Maharam said. "That's not a youthful indiscretion....He has no credibility."

The twice-a-month regimen that Rodriguez described Tuesday in his press conference also sounded wildly incomplete to John Romano, former editor of Muscular Development magazine.

"That's pretty tame," said Romano of the supposed twice-monthly injections. "The duration between injections for Primobolan is probably five to seven days. Otherwise what happens is you don't have a stable trickling of the drug into your system."

Primobolan, manufactured by the German pharmaceutical company Schering, comes in both oral and injectable forms. Romano said bodybuilders more commonly use both, taking pills twice daily and injecting every week or so for a boost.

"It's not exotic by any means," Romano said. "It's a little expensive, but you know he can afford it."

Most users of Primobolan take it in combination with other muscle-building drugs such as testosterone - a process known as "stacking."

And while Sports Illustrated has reported that A-Rod failed a 2003 urine test for that drug, too, Rodriguez was never asked about whether he used testosterone in his press conference. Rodriguez said he used what he and his cousin called "boli or bole" about twice a month for six months during three different seasons, 2001, 2002 and 2003.

"It was his understanding that it would give me a dramatic energy boost and otherwise harmless," Rodriguez said. "My cousin and I, one more ignorant than the other, decided it was a good idea to start taking it. My cousin would administer it to me, but neither of us knew how to use it properly, providing just how ignorant we both were."

Rodriguez said his cousin got the drug in the Dominican Republic over the counter in a pharmacy or store. He said they kept the secret to themselves, and that he stopped using it in 2003 after a serious neck injury scared him and baseball began its testing program.

"We consulted no one and had no good reason to base that decision," Rodriguez said. "It was pretty evident that we didn't know what we're doing."

That sounds plausible to Romano, now a co-owner of the Web site rxmuscle.com, who says baseball players in that period were often uninformed about the steroid schedules they were on. "Overall, baseball players know very little about steroids and how they use them," Romano said. "Their knowledge was limited. The best guru they had at the time was Jose Canseco."

When Rodriguez told reporters that his cousin had obtained the drug in the Dominican Republic, he raised the issue of whether that person or Rodriguez had committed a crime.

"It's against the law to bring in anabolic steroids without a prescription," one DEA agent told the Daily News. "But they'd have a helluva time making a case, even with an admission."

The DEA agent, who asked not to be identified, said it was unlikely that Rodriguez or his cousin would be prosecuted based on the player's press conference admissions. There is a five-year statute of limitations, but the risk would be minimal even if Rodriguez or his cousin was caught trying to smuggle Primobolan from the Dominican Republic into the United States.

In 1989, the Food and Drug Administration issued a border alert banning Primobolan from the United States. FDA spokeswoman Rita Chappelle said there are no approved uses for the hormone replacement product.

IanMazia
02-18-2009, 09:47 AM
That's awesome!

jim
02-18-2009, 09:50 AM
nice. it's cool that you have the kind of credibility that they come to you for info.

SLICED
02-18-2009, 10:01 AM
good stuff.

A Rod is a fucking liar ..2 shots of primobolan per month .rofl..and yeah , he didnt know how to do it and didnt consult no one..pfft..im from Miami and i got two words for Alex _ Dodd Romero

Aaron Singerman
02-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Check it out!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2009/02/17/2009-02-17_steroid_experts_say_alex_rodriguezs_expl.html

If he really was taking 1 amp (how many is he claiming?) of primo twice a month he'd be doing more harm than good!

irishmuscle
02-18-2009, 10:27 AM
douchebag of the century,a lying cheating douche,that 30 second pause mid interview trying to make himself cry was the fakest,most disgusting thing ive ever seen on tv.

anthony1992
02-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Cool

Diggy
02-18-2009, 10:39 AM
nice, free exposure is good

Marduk The UnREPable
02-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Awesome . They should take you more mainstream John , just a bunch of morons on tv ... I was watching ESPN's program First Take and Skip Bayless told something like this ..." A Rod did not only tested positive for a steroid , HE ALSO TESTED POSITIVE FOR TESTOSTERONE , wich tells us he was doing very sophisticated drugs." WTF?

A-Maxx
02-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Awesome . They should take you more mainstream John , just a bunch of morons on tv ... I was watching ESPN's program First Take and Skip Bayless told something like this ..." A Rod did not only tested positive for a steroid , HE ALSO TESTED POSITIVE FOR TESTOSTERONE , wich tells us he was doing very sophisticated drugs." WTF?

I agree...i was watching that on TV this morning too

BigJD69
02-18-2009, 11:10 AM
John, again you have made me PROUD!!! I am a BIG Sports Fan and it KILLS ME when I have to listen to these people that call themselves journalist/reporters, have no idea what steroids are, what they do in the body etc. You always right the wrong in these situations like on Real Sports!!!! You da man!!!

A-Maxx
02-18-2009, 11:13 AM
John, again you have made me PROUD!!! I am a BIG Sports Fan and it KILLS ME when I have to listen to these people that call themselves journalist/reporters, have no idea what steroids are, what they do in the body etc. You always right the wrong in these situations like on Real Sports!!!! You da man!!!

that always reminds me of the new cast person who interviewed and asked Jay Cutler how much weight you gotta lift to win a bodybuilding competition...:D...what a total jackass...do some research

uzNfeYqlhgU

Jer
02-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Nice. Good for you John.

isujz4308
02-18-2009, 11:28 AM
nice

fchris1
02-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Hell ya good stuff

buster12
02-18-2009, 12:07 PM
sweet!

Theobeselifter
02-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Somewhere a very frustrated Steve Blechman is bangin his head on a desk.

svtmuscle
02-18-2009, 12:31 PM
douchebag of the century,a lying cheating douche,that 30 second pause mid interview trying to make himself cry was the fakest,most disgusting thing ive ever seen on tv.
lol yeah I wonder how long he counted in his head, that was definitely the most entertaining part of the interview.

"I didn't know what I was taking"

Hey A-Rod
Results 1 - 10 of about 492,000 for primobolan. (0.24 seconds)

Whoa, nearly 1/2 a million results for something you 'didn't know anything about'

Dee
02-18-2009, 01:24 PM
might as well quote an expert!
nicely done.

InfinityCrisis6
02-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Isn't It funny how Arod really doesn't even perform the way he should. What a waste of talent and Gear as well.

tommigunzzz
02-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Wonder how many new members the sight will get after John's interviews today?

DECABEATZ
02-18-2009, 02:50 PM
He really needs to come clean and i laughed so much during that press conference maby once a month im not sure "i was stupid and young" at 25 years old give me a f@%$%&$ break. As far as that goes "real people speak the truth"

Curt James
02-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Check it out!

Steroid experts say Alex Rodriguez's explanation incomplete

BY MICHAEL O'KEEFFE, TERI THOMPSON AND NATHANIEL VINTON
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITERS

Updated Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 10:35 AM

As Alex Rodriguez described a steroid regimen that involved two Primobolan injections a month over a period of three seasons Tuesday in a Tampa press conference, steroid experts choked back their disbelief.

Sports medicine physician Lewis Maharam, the past president of the New York chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine, said he didn't believe A-Rod's claims that his use of performance-enhancing drugs amounted to "amateur" and "immature" experimentation. Steroid users use Primobolan - Rodriguez referred to using "boli or bole", the street name for Primobolin, according to experts - in conjunction with testosterone because the combination builds strength but doesn't add extreme bulk.

Whoever was helping A-Rod administer the drugs, Maharam said, knew what they were doing. "He did it for three years," Maharam said. "That's not a youthful indiscretion....He has no credibility."

The twice-a-month regimen that Rodriguez described Tuesday in his press conference also sounded wildly incomplete to John Romano, former editor of Muscular Development magazine.

"That's pretty tame," said Romano of the supposed twice-monthly injections. "The duration between injections for Primobolan is probably five to seven days. Otherwise what happens is you don't have a stable trickling of the drug into your system."

Primobolan, manufactured by the German pharmaceutical company Schering, comes in both oral and injectable forms. Romano said bodybuilders more commonly use both, taking pills twice daily and injecting every week or so for a boost.

"It's not exotic by any means," Romano said. "It's a little expensive, but you know he can afford it."

Most users of Primobolan take it in combination with other muscle-building drugs such as testosterone - a process known as "stacking."

And while Sports Illustrated has reported that A-Rod failed a 2003 urine test for that drug, too, Rodriguez was never asked about whether he used testosterone in his press conference. Rodriguez said he used what he and his cousin called "boli or bole" about twice a month for six months during three different seasons, 2001, 2002 and 2003.

"It was his understanding that it would give me a dramatic energy boost and otherwise harmless," Rodriguez said. "My cousin and I, one more ignorant than the other, decided it was a good idea to start taking it. My cousin would administer it to me, but neither of us knew how to use it properly, providing just how ignorant we both were."

Rodriguez said his cousin got the drug in the Dominican Republic over the counter in a pharmacy or store. He said they kept the secret to themselves, and that he stopped using it in 2003 after a serious neck injury scared him and baseball began its testing program.

"We consulted no one and had no good reason to base that decision," Rodriguez said. "It was pretty evident that we didn't know what we're doing."

That sounds plausible to Romano, now a co-owner of the Web site rxmuscle.com, who says baseball players in that period were often uninformed about the steroid schedules they were on. "Overall, baseball players know very little about steroids and how they use them," Romano said. "Their knowledge was limited. The best guru they had at the time was Jose Canseco."

When Rodriguez told reporters that his cousin had obtained the drug in the Dominican Republic, he raised the issue of whether that person or Rodriguez had committed a crime.

"It's against the law to bring in anabolic steroids without a prescription," one DEA agent told the Daily News. "But they'd have a helluva time making a case, even with an admission."

The DEA agent, who asked not to be identified, said it was unlikely that Rodriguez or his cousin would be prosecuted based on the player's press conference admissions. There is a five-year statute of limitations, but the risk would be minimal even if Rodriguez or his cousin was caught trying to smuggle Primobolan from the Dominican Republic into the United States.

In 1989, the Food and Drug Administration issued a border alert banning Primobolan from the United States. FDA spokeswoman Rita Chappelle said there are no approved uses for the hormone replacement product.

Ah, much better! :)

Kudos on the interview, Mr. Romano! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/Rx/smileys/beerbangdouble.gif

Curt James
02-18-2009, 03:07 PM
good stuff.

A Rod is a fucking liar

Just don't understand the hate here.

Rodriguez did drugs. He lied. Marion Jones did drugs. She lied. Their motivation? Probably pride and certainly the fear of being stripped of money or medals and, yeah, the threat of possible imprisonment.

Understandable.

The real liars are guys like Joe Biden who pushed the whole anti-steroid agenda down our throats.

TPT
02-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Ah, much better! :)

Kudos on the interview, Mr. Romano! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/Rx/smileys/beerbangdouble.gif

the ny press giving love to romano! hey john, even on the radio or print bet you're wearing a species/rx muscle t-shirt today. lol.

Por2gue
02-18-2009, 03:10 PM
that always reminds me of the new cast person who interviewed and asked Jay Cutler how much weight you gotta lift to win a bodybuilding competition...:D...what a total jackass...do some research

uzNfeYqlhgU
I remember this jack off as well. Douche central!

Por2gue
02-18-2009, 03:13 PM
I LOL'd at the fake crying also." I learned that baseball is bigger than Alex Rodriguez." I dont' give a shit about him using gear, I always hated this asshole cause of what terms he had in his contract about always having to be the highest paid player..WTF...DOUCHE! I can't stand cockky ass sports figures.

Dee
02-18-2009, 03:23 PM
yeah....good peice.
The reason why i think he is admits to such a shitty cycle....as did clemens with his "i did 3 shots of winny over 6 months" comment....is because in the people who dont understand steroids, they will think the more your use, the less he actually accomplished himself by his own merit....

because once you inject steroids, its not you accomplishing anything......its the steroids....

YukonCrazy
02-18-2009, 03:44 PM
If you are now doing interviews and such, Anthony Roberts will be out of work! :-P

Canuck_Muscle
02-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Good stuff John. Keep getting all the press u can! It is only getting better.

derekanthony
02-18-2009, 11:09 PM
nice congrats john should have told me i have pull at newsday,top long island ny paper. would have got you in there as well. good shit!

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
02-19-2009, 02:34 AM
For once a real expert who knows thier shit! Keep up the great work John!

MartyMcFly
02-19-2009, 02:29 PM
how stupid can he be, john ucovered all to see, you the man ROMANO!!!

A-rod's an fing retard, pro baseball player, injecting stuff he doesn't know what it does, yeah, like that's abelieveable scenario.

"Rodz"
02-20-2009, 12:08 AM
good work man

STEELERJ-XL
02-20-2009, 04:45 AM

Aint that true. All these guys do what they want and then lie and cry when caught. Im all for doing whatever it takes, but fess up like a MAN. My mom didn't raise me a liar.

MrDiamondCalves
02-20-2009, 05:34 AM
Yeah nice job John.