PDA

View Full Version : need help comeing off ketogenic diet!

tiff7598
07-09-2009, 05:52 PM
i have been on ketogenic diet since february for a figure show i did last month. the thing is i want to get back to having carbs again but everytime i eat them i blow up! i have no idea what to do! also my next show is not till november, do u think it is okay to add carbs back for awhile? any info would really help!

LisaRD23
07-09-2009, 07:29 PM
How did you get on the Keto diet...meaning did you just up and eliminate carbs all together or did you do it slowly?

If you did it slowly...then just go backwards. If not you have to be very careful and slowly reintroduce those carbs back into your body. Trust me...I blew up last time I tried to just eat normal carbs again and it took me months to get the fat off.

Anyway, try starting with like 15-25g complex carbs at 1 meal, then bring in NSV's for the rest of your meals. keep like that for a full 7 days, and see how you feel. If your body responds good by the end of the week then go ahead and increase the complex carbs to like 35-40grams....and continue like that slowly untill you reach a comfortable carb allowance.

tiff7598
07-09-2009, 07:48 PM
they were taken out all at once. i went on a binge a couple of times the first two weeks after my comp, i just could not stop eating and gained 5lbs! stupid me! i am so bloated because of it. Been back on protein fats since then but i hate it! should i wait a couple of more weeks till the bloating goes away to do it the correct way and add the carbs back slowy? thank you so much for ur imput!

raging pitbull
07-10-2009, 03:21 AM
dude i was in the same boat as u (i am a boat). i gained 18lb a week after my contest bec i binged my ass off. who cares? if your doing an offseason, then focus on putting on muscle! when it comes time to take the fat off then u start diet. pretty simple.