PDA

View Full Version : When is the BEST time to get a deep tissue massage?

PTB
01-08-2015, 09:43 AM
My Wife gave me as a Christmas gift 2 deep tissue/Swedish massage sessions.

I'd like to center them around my training. When is the best time to get them?:
1.) Immediately after a workout?
2.) Immediately prior to a workout?
3.) On an rest day between workouts?
4.) As needed - i.e. if I'm feeling some tension or soreness that I need relief from?

Thanks

PFEPerformance
01-08-2015, 09:57 AM
My Wife gave me as a Christmas gift 2 deep tissue/Swedish massage sessions.

I'd like to center them around my training. When is the best time to get them?:
1.) Immediately after a workout?
2.) Immediately prior to a workout?
3.) On an rest day between workouts?
4.) As needed - i.e. if I'm feeling some tension or soreness that I need relief from?

Thanks

I do 3 & 4

If you've never had one of these - brace yourself for some serious deep breaths and pain when certain points of issue are hit!! It is INTENSE at times, not gonna lie!! BUT, Very-Very worth it imo!

Due to the above - I wouldn't do on a training day - mine have even left me sore for a few days after. I think it would be better to allow his/her work to do the job vs doing on a training day when things are already in a bit of a tear down stage....just my opinion....others may disagree.

Good Luck - ENJOY!

PTB
01-08-2015, 10:07 AM
^^^ Thanks for the feedback!!!

Ibarramedia
01-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Interesting info. I've never had one done myself.

weezer
01-08-2015, 09:55 PM
I noticed a lot of bodybuilders getting it and I always thought I'd like to give it a try.............. up to the time I read PFEP Performance post.lol

Minnphat
01-11-2015, 08:36 AM
I go as needed on off days. It is honestly the most painful thing I have been put through, however, it works. So if it is your first time, get ready for pain.

weezer
01-11-2015, 11:04 AM
I go as needed on off days. It is honestly the most painful thing I have been put through, however, it works. So if it is your first time, get ready for pain.

No thank you, I'm already married, no, wait, what ?