PDA

View Full Version : Dieting Saviors

Angela123
02-18-2009, 11:59 AM
This is an oldie but goodie. List up your items that get you through dieting. Dieting isnt easier...but with these, it makes it just a little bit easier.

sugar free jello

crystal lite...i actually use walmart generic brand, 2 dollars cheaper and most flavors aren't bad. also freeze it in ice cube trays and make "popsicles." many sugar free popsicles have too many carbs.

when im close to a show and all i want are sweets...cinnamon goes on everything! the best are eggwhites with cinnamon, stevia. it makes fish so much easier to get down. i even was puttign cinnamon and stevis on cucumber slices. it tasted liek candy to me. now in offseason...not to much lol.

i use stevia, but any artifiical sweetner is good stuff.

herbal teas. lipton makes many great flavors.

coffee...i get into flavored coffees more so at this time.

i like water based veggies, cabbage, spinach, cucumbers, celery, spinach.

walden farms...though i havent tried all their products...ive been meaning to buy the jam. i have what you would call a jam fetish. i eat it by the spoonful straight from the jar...i know...not a skill to be totoally proud of. but seriously, walden farms is a savior. yah...some stuff might leave a weird after taste, but it sure as hell isnice to put some flavor on stuff.

spices and seasoning

i dont drink diet pop all the time..yes i said pop...im from the chicago area. but diet a&w root beer, even better diet a&w cream soda, diet orange crush are the shit. last yr they had Diet Dr Pepper Cherry Chocolate...i loved it! I must have been the only one. It was discontinued. and of course diet coke is on the list.

making soup is a good way to help you shed some weight. low sodium chick broth, no sugar, no fat, no carbs, 5 cals a cup. and just cut up veggies (ones good for dieting though...no corn, peas or carrots!) and add seasonings and let it simmer.

hmmm...im sure i can think of other little things i do...either when prepping or just "dieting" to shed a few lbs..ill post more as i think of them

Fitswim by Celeste
02-18-2009, 01:58 PM
i dont drink diet pop all the time..yes i said pop...im from the chicago area. but diet a&w root beer, even better diet a&w cream soda, diet orange crush are the shit. last yr they had Diet Dr Pepper Cherry Chocolate...i loved it! I must have been the only one. It was discontinued. and of course diet coke is on the list.

andrea, i'm with you on that one - awesome! but i believe that was a limited edition only. i also like the diet dr pepper raspberry vanilla cream (i think that was it) altho i don't drink them that often to notice when they are gone or not. love love love cherry coke zero ;)

BadAssBarbie
02-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Oh geez...this could be a long list, but many things have already been mentioned, such as Walden Farms, Crysyal Light(I buy the walmart, target, or kroger brands..they r cheaper and have 0 calories whereas the name brand has 5 cal. per serving.) Cafe Americanos from Starbucks, with Stevia(i like the liquid best.) Egg Whites, Intl!!!!!!! I have a hard time choking down 12 egg whites cooked, but I can drink those with a tiny bit of sugar free chocolate syrup!! YUMMMY!! It tastes like chocolate milk!
Hmmm...I know there's more, but I'm having a brain fart right now. LOL

Suzy Brown
02-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Iceberg lettuce, very filling, very crunchy, almost no cal!

Angela123
02-18-2009, 02:26 PM
i love cafe americanos. yum.

ventis of course.

NubianBeauty
02-18-2009, 09:27 PM
sugar free cool whip... freeze it and it tastes like ice cream 2 tbsp=20 cals 3g carbs, cottage cheese add scoop of vanilla protein & flavored stevia blended then freeze... another pseudo ice cream (can also top w/ sf cool whip ;) ), homemade protein granola, fage greek yogurt, celery w/ anpb, tomatoes and cukes w/ rosemary sea salt, those vlasik pickles.

musclegoddess65
02-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Oh geez...this could be a long list, but many things have already been mentioned, such as Walden Farms, Crysyal Light(I buy the walmart, target, or kroger brands..they r cheaper and have 0 calories whereas the name brand has 5 cal. per serving.) Cafe Americanos from Starbucks, with Stevia(i like the liquid best.) Egg Whites, Intl!!!!!!! I have a hard time choking down 12 egg whites cooked, but I can drink those with a tiny bit of sugar free chocolate syrup!! YUMMMY!! It tastes like chocolate milk!

you drink liquid egg whites with chocolate syrup??? do tell.... cause I can not stand eggs and choking down whites is the worst...

Angela123
02-18-2009, 11:59 PM
or u can cook it that way...tastes like a chocolate psuedo pancake..in a way. it is shaped like it anway.

tammyp
02-19-2009, 06:03 AM
...3 ews 1 scoop pp a bit of water...like a brownie..and add some baking pwoder to make it rise

BadAssBarbie
02-19-2009, 08:55 PM
you drink liquid egg whites with chocolate syrup??? do tell.... cause I can not stand eggs and choking down whites is the worst...
Yes ma'am!!! I pump out 8oz of Egg Whites, Intl(26 g protein), add a little bit of sugar free chocolate syrup, and mix it for a few seconds on my magic bullet!! I swear it tastes like chocolate milk!!! You can actually mix anything ya want cuz the egg whites themselves don't have any flavor. So, they just taste like whatever you mix 'em with!! I've added crystal light and made popsicles!!! You can mix in your own protein powder too if you need more protein!! You can also cook them or bake with them...yummy!
They are liquid...but NOT RAW! They are pastuerized and twice filtered and tested for salmanella(spelling?), etc. Go to my website, and click on the banner..you can read all about these!!! I don't know what I'd do without them!

BadAssBarbie
02-19-2009, 08:57 PM
...3 ews 1 scoop pp a bit of water...like a brownie..and add some baking pwoder to make it rise
Ok, Tammy...maybe I'm just having a brain fart, or maybe I have mush for brains cuz I can't eat carbs...I donno, but what are "ews?"

musclegoddess65
02-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Ok, Tammy...maybe I'm just having a brain fart, or maybe I have mush for brains cuz I can't eat carbs...I donno, but what are "ews?"

egg whites :)

musclegoddess65
02-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Yes ma'am!!! I pump out 8oz of Egg Whites, Intl(26 g protein), add a little bit of sugar free chocolate syrup, and mix it for a few seconds on my magic bullet!! I swear it tastes like chocolate milk!!! You can actually mix anything ya want cuz the egg whites themselves don't have any flavor. So, they just taste like whatever you mix 'em with!! I've added crystal light and made popsicles!!! You can mix in your own protein powder too if you need more protein!! You can also cook them or bake with them...yummy!
They are liquid...but NOT RAW! They are pastuerized and twice filtered and tested for salmanella(spelling?), etc. Go to my website, and click on the banner..you can read all about these!!! I don't know what I'd do without them!

ok I have GOT to try this! Ondrea enligtened me to drinking egg whites before but never thought bout mixing them with chocolate.... MMMMM chocolate...

ladies thanks all great stuff.

BadAssBarbie
02-19-2009, 09:15 PM
ok I have GOT to try this! Ondrea enligtened me to drinking egg whites before but never thought bout mixing them with chocolate.... MMMMM chocolate...

ladies thanks all great stuff.
Chocolate makes everything better!!! ;)

musclegoddess65
02-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Chocolate makes everything better!!! ;)

yes, yes it does!!!! all kinds of things...

Sledge
02-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Hi Ladys The big dieting savour for me is. Pre preparation. If I spend a day preparing the next week or two meals and pre packaging it's just easier to eat the right thing than it is to cheat. Even have 12 glad ware containers of diet jello made up just in case.

tammyp
02-20-2009, 06:09 AM
walden farms, crystal lite, orbit gum, dill pickles and my new favorite thing miracle noodles!

Angela123
02-20-2009, 06:19 AM
yah i remember reading you are all about them.

so...all fiber right? nothing in them?

where do u get them?

**blondie**
02-20-2009, 06:38 AM
walden farms, crystal lite, orbit gum, dill pickles and my new favorite thing miracle noodles!

Ive been real curious about the miracle noodles, heard about them though...

Orbit Gum Sweet Mint is my fav... practically the only flavor I chew....

kiMbergman
02-20-2009, 07:02 AM
peanut butter. i use to LIVE for peanut butter days!! those days were better than cheat meal days!!

(Please God... don't let all the peanut butter go bad! I've been in a panic with all the recalls!!)

tammyp
02-20-2009, 07:53 AM
www.miraclenoodles.com at 1st i didnt really like them. but i do now, just have to get used to them. i like them with veggies and walden farms alfredo sauce.

Angela123
02-20-2009, 09:22 AM
omg kim. u use pb as a way to make dieting better? what! i use all this stuff to make me not want to eat pb! i binge...i cant have pb in the house period...on or offseason. its very sad.

cheddar cheese
02-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Does anyone know if you can get walden farms products in Canada and where?

Angela123
02-20-2009, 10:20 AM
do not know...sort of hard to find. definitly not at normal grocery stores. but if you cannot, you can always order off their website. tho, tammy has a site where she orders from, cheaper than getting off their website. idk what the name is. im sure she'll post it up.

BadAssBarbie
02-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Ive been real curious about the miracle noodles, heard about them though...

Orbit Gum Sweet Mint is my fav... practically the only flavor I chew....
mmmm....GUM!!! I miss gum!! Chewing gum is considered cheating on my diet:(

BadAssBarbie
02-20-2009, 01:39 PM
yes, yes it does!!!! all kinds of things...
I forgot....sometimes I add some iced coffee to that mixture...I convince myself it's an iced mocha:)

Another savior for me is Molly McButter......it makes the veggies and fish go down a tiny bit easier!:o

Tuffgirl410
02-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Hey ladies I just found Heinz Ketchup with 1 Carb per Tablespoon! As opposed to the usual 7 grams of sugar per table spoon! So for all you ketchup lovers that can resist any longer you can now treat yourself!!

**blondie**
02-21-2009, 09:09 PM

Yeah it's about to have to get cut out..... have issues w/ wanting to chew it uncontrollably... and well I guess that means it's just gonna have to go... :(

**blondie**
02-21-2009, 09:10 PM
I forgot....sometimes I add some iced coffee to that mixture...I convince myself it's an iced mocha:)

Another savior for me is Molly McButter......it makes the veggies and fish go down a tiny bit easier!:o

Just discovered Molly McButter ..... thank god for her......

Angela123
02-22-2009, 04:22 AM
Hey ladies I just found Heinz Ketchup with 1 Carb per Tablespoon! As opposed to the usual 7 grams of sugar per table spoon! So for all you ketchup lovers that can resist any longer you can now treat yourself!!

i love this stuff! i go through it to quick tho. the bottle is too small. walden farm's has kechup that has nada in it. i want to try that too.

tammyp
02-22-2009, 05:40 AM
i get walden farms at www.netrition.com shipping way cheaper.

IRONURSE
02-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Crystal Light and Sugar/Carb Free Jello.
Still looking for the low carb Heinz ketchup!
Pepsi One is my diet soda of choice but it has alot of sodium.

BadAssBarbie
03-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Crystal Light and Sugar/Carb Free Jello.
Still looking for the low carb Heinz ketchup!
Pepsi One is my diet soda of choice but it has alot of sodium.
Walden Farms has a zero calorie ketchup, and it's actually good!!! I put it on my egg whites(when I cook them) and ground turkey, etc. YUM! It most definitely helps the diet food go down:)

Sugargirl
03-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Does anyone know if you can get walden farms products in Canada and where?
didn't read past this to see if it was answered but In Toronto Highland farms sells them and there is a low carb grocery store in Markham ontario I think that sells it as well

the mighty stu
03-17-2009, 12:41 PM
The few items I tried from Waldenfarms I got directly from their website. I don't know if the prices are any different, but I'm certain you can get anything form their catalog.

S

stl50
03-17-2009, 06:33 PM

OMG!!! i tried the putting the egg whites into my magic bullet with a tsp of dark cocoa powder, stevia, and 1/2 scoop of chocolate Isolyze...wow, talk about delicious! this has replaced my 12 egg white meal, and it DOES taste just like chocolate milk, Yummy.

Sugargirl
03-17-2009, 09:17 PM
OMG!!! i tried the putting the egg whites into my magic bullet with a tsp of dark cocoa powder, stevia, and 1/2 scoop of chocolate Isolyze...wow, talk about delicious! this has replaced my 12 egg white meal, and it DOES taste just like chocolate milk, Yummy.

I've been doing the shake thing for a while with the egg whites... every so often though i really want an egg white frittata with the cauliflower broccoli and spinach! ! ( sans cheese)

MashkaNY
03-23-2009, 01:13 PM
wow! thank you guys for opening my eyes up to Walden Farms... placing a $60 order from them as we speak!

im doing Mr. Palumbo's diet... i hope the ketchup w all those trases or tomatoes and stuff is ok on it :confused:

ripcurlgirl
03-25-2009, 11:55 PM

I'm curious about this. I am chewing gum like a crack addict. I know I need to reduce it, it's not calorie neutral (5kcal/stick), plus the phenalenaline (sp?) makes you all gassy. So, eventually I need to give it up the closer I get. So few pleasures left...What do others think about it?

Ken "Skip" Hill
03-27-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm curious about this. I am chewing gum like a crack addict. I know I need to reduce it, it's not calorie neutral (5kcal/stick), plus the phenalenaline (sp?) makes you all gassy. So, eventually I need to give it up the closer I get. So few pleasures left...What do others think about it?

Unless you are chewing 2 packs a day, really, it isn't going to make a difference. I think a lot of people over-think and over-complicate things that just aren't necessary.

Things in moderation that won't go against you on a diet:

sugar free gum
diet soda
sugar free koolaid, crystal light, etc..
vegetables

I know some people stay away from aspartame in their protein powder for what they say are "conditioning" purposes and staying away from peanut butter because of estrogenic issues, etc..

There are a lot more but these are the ones that come to mind. Most of these same people I can't even work with because when they contact me and hear they can eat waffles and spaghetti and cold cereal on refeed/SkipLoad days during their diet, they freak out and figure I don't know what the hell I am doing. lol

There is nothing inherently wrong with very restrictive dieting but I can't tell you how many times I have gotten someone that wasn't "allowed" much of anything and not only made their prep so much easier but their condition so much better.

Skip

MashkaNY
03-30-2009, 01:49 AM
i get walden farms at www.netrition.com (http://www.netrition.com) shipping way cheaper.
thanks so much thats where i ordered from!

it was $5 shipping for god knows how many lbs of this stuff, and the prices for each jar was so much cheaper than on the Walden website :wavey:

MashkaNY
04-03-2009, 01:05 PM
oh i have to add mine, to add to all the diet soda, the Mug diet cream soda.. is .. wow i duno something else, every sip i feel like im cheating... i tried the AW one its gross

diamond in the rough
04-21-2009, 02:54 PM
lately this is my fav i eat it twice a day
Egg white panacake on keto diet

1.5 cup liquid egg whites
1 giant tbls cinnamon
3 packs sweetener
1 oz walnuts
sugar free syrup (starbucks)

heat non stick pan on med heat
mix egg whites cinnamon and sweetener in magic bullet for 15 secs add walnuts and blend for 3 secs dump all ingredients into heated pan. wait until it bubbles on top then flip it over . let it cook for 30 sec once you flip it. Put it on a plate with a tbls of sugar free starbucks . Yuuuuuuuum taste good hot or cold. adjust the ingredients to your own allotted amounts. enjoy

tomt01
05-16-2009, 02:15 PM
I have never measured the amounts but for egg whites
i have put cinnamon, vanilla extract, butter extract or molly, and stevia
couple cubes of ice and blend and it almost tastes like the topping for a cinnamon roll.

or walden caramel and marshmellow toppings in a blender work well

Suzanne
05-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Unless you are chewing 2 packs a day, really, it isn't going to make a difference. I think a lot of people over-think and over-complicate things that just aren't necessary.

Things in moderation that won't go against you on a diet:

sugar free gum
diet soda
sugar free koolaid, crystal light, etc..
vegetables

I know some people stay away from aspartame in their protein powder for what they say are "conditioning" purposes and staying away from peanut butter because of estrogenic issues, etc..

There are a lot more but these are the ones that come to mind. Most of these same people I can't even work with because when they contact me and hear they can eat waffles and spaghetti and cold cereal on refeed/SkipLoad days during their diet, they freak out and figure I don't know what the hell I am doing. lol

There is nothing inherently wrong with very restrictive dieting but I can't tell you how many times I have gotten someone that wasn't "allowed" much of anything and not only made their prep so much easier but their condition so much better.

Skip

so true!!!
my refeed are all of the above in one day
pancakes
spaghetti w/marianra
Ohs Cereal with skim milk i think i had 4 bowls
graham crackers
jujy fruits
low fat animal crackers
fat free choc ice cream

I am in my best condition EVER