PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Fighter 10: Heavyweights Cast Officially Announced

MMAWaves
07-10-2009, 05:43 PM
The UFC and Spike TV officially announced the cast for The Ultimate Fighter 10: Heavyweights during today’s UFC Expo. The show will feature heavyweight fighters only and serving as the coaches will be Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Rashad Evans.

Here are the 16 cast members and their credentials:

Zak Jensen (11-2): former collegiate wrestler at Augsburg College.
Marcus Jones (4-1): former NFL player for the Tampa Buccaneers.
Scott Junk (6-2): former UFC fighter and Division II All-American football player at Southwest Oklahoma State.
John Madsen (3-0): former Division II wrestling national champion at South Dakota State University.
James McSweeney (12-4): former Kickboxing and Muay Thai champion.
Matt Mitrione (0-0): former NFL player for the New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings.
Roy Nelson (14-4): fomer IFL heavyweight champion.
Demico Rogers (4-0): former high school wrestler and football player in Washington.
Brendan Schaub (4-0): former NFL player for the Buffalo Bills and Arena Football plater for the Utah Blaze.
Darrill Schoonover (10-0): army veteran.
Wes Shivers (3-1): former NFL player for the Tennessee Titans and Atlanta Falcons.
Wes Sims (22-12-1): former UFC fighter.
Kimbo Slice (4-1): former EliteXC fighter, collegiate football player at the University of Miami, and YouTube sensation.
Abe Wagner (6-2): former collegiate football player at Michigan Tech University.
Mike Wessel (6-1): former UFC fighter and Arena football player for the San Diego Riptide and North Dakota.
Justin Wren (10-1): former two-time high school national wrestling champion in Texas.

Bacon Boy
07-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Crazy credentials on some of these guys!

Mike the Ripper
07-11-2009, 12:25 AM
A lot of pro football players on that list. Interesting.

chitownmscle
07-11-2009, 12:32 AM
The UFC and Spike TV officially announced the cast for The Ultimate Fighter 10: Heavyweights during today’s UFC Expo. The show will feature heavyweight fighters only and serving as the coaches will be Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Rashad Evans.

Here are the 16 cast members and their credentials:

Zak Jensen (11-2): former collegiate wrestler at Augsburg College.
Marcus Jones (4-1): former NFL player for the Tampa Buccaneers.
Scott Junk (6-2): former UFC fighter and Division II All-American football player at Southwest Oklahoma State.
John Madsen (3-0): former Division II wrestling national champion at South Dakota State University.
James McSweeney (12-4): former Kickboxing and Muay Thai champion.
Matt Mitrione (0-0): former NFL player for the New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings.
Roy Nelson (14-4): fomer IFL heavyweight champion.
Demico Rogers (4-0): former high school wrestler and football player in Washington.
Brendan Schaub (4-0): former NFL player for the Buffalo Bills and Arena Football plater for the Utah Blaze.
Darrill Schoonover (10-0): army veteran.
Wes Shivers (3-1): former NFL player for the Tennessee Titans and Atlanta Falcons.
Wes Sims (22-12-1): former UFC fighter.
Kimbo Slice (4-1): former EliteXC fighter, collegiate football player at the University of Miami, and YouTube sensation.
Abe Wagner (6-2): former collegiate football player at Michigan Tech University.
Mike Wessel (6-1): former UFC fighter and Arena football player for the San Diego Riptide and North Dakota.
Justin Wren (10-1): former two-time high school national wrestling champion in Texas.

What are the odds that someone takes him on first chance to make a name for themselves?

bionic redneck
07-11-2009, 07:53 AM
i thought kimbo was like 0-3 in elite xc

Mr X
07-11-2009, 08:01 AM
i thought kimbo was like 0-3 in elite xc

nah Kimbo has lost only once to Seth Petuzelli so hes 4 - 1

Mr X
07-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Theres also rumors going around that Kimbo and Wes Sims have already fought on the show. Cuz filming for TUF 10 is underway.

Plates
07-11-2009, 08:57 AM
So I was thinking about Kimbo last night, as well as Tim Sylvia. No one gives Kimbo credit really, and at times I'm one of them. But let's take a trip down memory lane....

Sylvia and Mercer just fought, and Sylvia got knocked out in 9 seconds.
Kimbo and Mercer fought, and Kimbo subd him in the 1st round.

Maybe Kimbo will turn out to be not so bad after all???

bionic redneck
07-11-2009, 10:04 AM
isnt mercer like 40 something...and roy nelson i doubt makes the finals i saw him on IFL he is outta shape and gasses too fast.. and what are guys who have fought in the UFC before on TUF for?

chitownmscle
07-11-2009, 09:20 PM
isnt mercer like 40 something...and roy nelson i doubt makes the finals i saw him on IFL he is outta shape and gasses too fast.. and what are guys who have fought in the UFC before on TUF for?

I had the same question myself reading this list and thinking if you have already fought in the UFC why are you on TUF.

I think Kimbo can fight I just think he was hyped up way too much too fast. I think he will get a good taste of what it is to be UFC fighter versus any other league, because outside of a few of the leagues in Japan, UFC has the best fighters bar none

Sandpig
07-12-2009, 08:12 AM
I had the same question myself reading this list and thinking if you have already fought in the UFC why are you on TUF.

Yea, this seems to be a show for older guys. Some getting a second chance.

What's next, one with women?

Hey that might not be a bad idea. What would the house be like. :p

Gaoshang Xiongshou
07-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Is it just me, or does this coming season feel like it will be Kimbo pushed through to the televised match, only to get beaten?

chitownmscle
07-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Yea, this seems to be a show for older guys. Some getting a second chance.

What's next, one with women?

Hey that might not be a bad idea. What would the house be like. :p

That would actually be very interesting, have you ever seen some of the women MMA fights, they are brutal. I've read interviews with Dana saying the only reason he hasn't televised or made a women's division yet is because he can't make a push and have it be profitable yet.

chitownmscle
07-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Is it just me, or does this coming season feel like it will be Kimbo pushed through to the televised match, only to get beaten?

I don't know, Dana has said repeatedly that he thinks Kimbo is a joke and doesn't belong in the UFC, now that Kimbo has been televised a few times I think the hype around him has died down a bit and this is actually an opportunity for him to prove himself

bionic redneck
07-12-2009, 06:30 PM
i doubt kimbo proves himself.. he is strictly a street fighter.. thats it