PDA

View Full Version : Possibilty of the same person winning Over 35 and Over 45

MsGuns
07-11-2009, 02:28 AM
Posted by Gary on another site..

There was a question about what happens if the same competitor wins the Over 35 Overall and the Over 45 Overall at the NPC MASTERS NATIONALS. I can tell you that the person who wins the Overall gets the card. It doesn't matter if she/he won an hour earlier in the other Division.

It happened at the 2OO8 IFBB NORTH AMERICA. The same guy from Canada won the Over 40 Men Overall and came back later to win the Open men Overall. The outcome was that he got the pro card that went with each win even though he can obviously use only one.

hifrommike65
07-11-2009, 06:51 AM
The women's Masters Nationals classes for bodybuilding & figure are over 35, 45, & 55. There is one class for masters bikini, new this year, over 35. The pro card wins are for women's bodybuilding over 35 & over 45, figure masters over 35 & over 45, & overall bikini. This is an outstanding show for women, who have done great work there the last several years.

The men's Masters Nationals classes are over 40, 50, 60, 70, & 80 (the last one is a new class). The pro cards are two for over 40 (top 2 in the final lineup), & one each for over 50 & over 60. It is always an exciting show to watch, & even though it doesn't require national qualification to compete, the pro cards have raised the bar & many fine athletes in great shape battle for the wins.

Right now the word is there will be over 400 onstage competing at the Teen, Collegiate & Masters Nationals on July 18-19. It will be a packed show & there will be some exciting competition.

http://www.garyudit.com/npc_rules.html

GerryT
07-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Crossovers are permitted (except between figure and bikini), so it is a possibility that one competitor can win overall in both over 35 and over 45 divisions in BB and/or figure. Hoping that does not happen. Would like to see as many pro opportunities extended as possible.

MsGuns
07-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Tracy Mason won both the 35+ & 45+ OVERALLS @ Master Nationals....

GerryT
07-21-2009, 03:06 PM
True, it did happen again! At least there were different winners in the over 35 and over 45 figure.

lil mama
07-22-2009, 09:07 AM
From Hardbody.com: (http://www.hardbody.com/news/2009/07/20/selfless-schlichter/)

Quote:

Elissa Schlichter won the Masters 45+ Figure and qualified for IFBB Pro status. The Masters 35 overall comparisons had yet to take place. Elissa was eligible to compete in the Masters 35 Overall Figure, by winning the Masters 35 Figure C Class. Elissa showed what true class is all about, since she had already qualified she voluntarily took herself out of the Masters 35 Overall contest which gave someone else the chance to earn their pro card. There was no guarantee that she would have won the second overall title but none-the-less a classy move on her part.

:D I thought that was pretty cool move on her part and shows great sportsmanship, what a selfless gesture and action on her part.:)

sassy69
07-23-2009, 11:45 PM
The only way to completely avoid the possibility of that happening is if you have completely exclusive classes. But since there are cross-over categories, it is possible. At the national level, however, it does speak volumes about a person who is able to achieve a double win regardless.

little d
07-24-2009, 06:29 AM
Hi guys! Nilsa here, I competed in the Masters Nationals this year as a ltw.
It never occurred to me someone could remove themselves voluntarily.... that is a classy move!!!

I do have a thought.. how about this.. if you earn your pro card in one class this automatically pulls you out of the other class as you no longer qualify to be a part of the amateur line up? Therefore, freeing up the 2nd card. It is such a waste not to award it. Everyone works soo hard, I feel this is as it should be.

GerryT
07-24-2009, 01:22 PM
For Tracy, she looked stunning and in top shape. Her double achievement does speak volumes for her. But it would have been nice to see two women BBs earn pro status.

Felt awful for Michelle Brent. She won her class in over 45 but Tracy won 45 overall. Then Michelle also won her 35 class, but with Tracy again in the overall, Michelle knew she had no chance at a pro card. And she too was deserving. Hope she can win pro status soon.

Met Elissa briefly before the show and she is one classy lady and beautiful inside and out. And kudos to Marie-Ann Newman winning overall 35 figure and pro status.

Once again, a wonderful ladies event.