PDA

View Full Version : Why shouldnt natural bodybuilders bulk.

MI03t1
07-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi im confused at the moment many people usually tell me to bulk in the off season. I just read it the thread ' http://forums.rxmuscle.com/images/okay/misc/paperclip.gif (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6#) The worst advice you've received..?' that bulking is bad. Why is it bad for the bodybuilder. Also another question How do i grow throughout the year then because all of last year i have been training hard eating good around the same every year but my gains have been pathetic. This is a serious thread and im not bein a smart ass.

AVBG
07-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Bulking may mean different things for different people -this is depending on your metabolism. I (with a sluggish metabolism) for one believe that excessive weight gain for a natural trainer will not equate to quality muscular gains, it just means that there is a lot more fat to lose should you look to compete.

The best advice I can offer without knowing you or your routine, length of training, current development ect is to say that consistancy that doesn't lead to monotony (with training and diet) will give you consistant gains.

jsfitnessking
07-14-2009, 04:18 PM
i find nothing wrong with bulking, as long as you dont let your weight and bodyfat get out of control. i tend to stay with in 30 lbs of contest weight and have no problems shedding it off and getting ripped.

G-Roy
07-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi im confused at the moment many people usually tell me to bulk in the off season. I just read it the thread ' http://forums.rxmuscle.com/images/okay/misc/paperclip.gif (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6#) The worst advice you've received..? (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=12833)' that bulking is bad. Why is it bad for the bodybuilder. Also another question How do i grow throughout the year then because all of last year i have been training hard eating good around the same every year but my gains have been pathetic. This is a serious thread and im not bein a smart ass.

I think most people in the thread meant extreme bulking and getting fat, you know, eating everything and anything for the sake of the bulk. You have to bulk to get bigger, but you dont necessarily want to get fat on oreos either.

Tatyana
07-15-2009, 02:07 PM
I realised 'bulking' was a horribly misused term when a man with at least 20% bodyfat told me he was going on a bulk.

You do need calories to build muscle, but it may be difficult to tell what is fat and what is muscle if you are too fat.

Dieting sucks, so the less difficult you make it, the better.

nutratroy
07-17-2009, 02:38 AM
I realised 'bulking' was a horribly misused term when a man with at least 20% bodyfat told me he was going on a bulk.

You do need calories to build muscle, but it may be difficult to tell what is fat and what is muscle if you are too fat.

Best advice ever given!

capone1153
07-17-2009, 05:44 PM

aint that the truth! i did a dirty bulk all last year and had to drop like 40lbs of fat... NEVER AGAIN.

I would recommend u do what I am doing this year: a clean bulk still on a strict caloric deit, just like 200 - 300 cals above maintance. stay lean and get bigger... its a good time

capone1153
07-17-2009, 05:45 PM
plus what fun is being a bodybuilder looking like shit for 8 months of the year.

Mr. Dead
07-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Best advice ever given!

plus what fun is being a bodybuilder looking like shit for 8 months of the year.
Agreed...

nutratroy
07-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Bulking just fucks up ones nutrition protocol and insulin. Not worth it in the end.

160 or 260, one has to have a well thought out plan to win!;)

ygbodybuilder10
07-20-2009, 06:18 AM
well when i'm bulking i g alll out on my bulk, i dont give shit, i eat like hell good and bad, i just get rid of the fat when i diet.

oh yeah hey nutratroy? are athnony monneti

miamibodybuilder
03-10-2011, 12:26 PM
theres nothing wrong with bulking in the off-season, although people have different definitions of this strategy. some see as bulking as a chance to go out and eat everything in sight thinking they're going to gain good quality muscle in the process and then fail to do so and are sad to find that they havent made any significant gains for the next show. in my opinion a good bulking off-season is that which you gain good QUALITY mass by eating good amounts of proteins and carbs. can you cheat in the off-season, why not? just make sure to keep it under control my man. dont go overboard with it. keep your bodyfat % between 10-12 preferably 10 and focus on those good few quality pounds of muscle in all the right places. this is my opinion on a good bulk.

zmcdole
03-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Here's the bodybuilding sunday school answer: Do what works best for you. Honestly. I have to bulk to make significant gains. Do I have to become a lard butt and completely lose my abs? No, not at all. However, I can't worry about staying sub 10% because if I do my gains will come to a screeching hault. I tried it and it didn't work. My body needs to be in the 12-15% range to make strength and muscle gains. Figure out where your body likes to be and where you make the best gains.

fatbackgoal
03-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Wouldn't staying on a more consistent schedule help out in the long run? It seems like the more you can keep your weight gain under control would it not relate to more muscle gain you can retain?