PDA

View Full Version : Keto Meals, Tips and Tricks

Alex The Great
07-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Keto Meals, Tips and Tricks

I'm creating this thread to help make keto diets easier for people. Some people crave certain foods that may lead them to break their diet, some get tired of eating the same meals day in and day out and others have large appetites and do not seem to get full on the keto diet (I have a huge appetite I am one of these people)*

Keto Friendly Foods (Here is a list of great foods and things that you can add to foods)

Many of these items can be found on netrition.com

Waldenfarms condiments (They make all sorts of calorie free condiments such as chocolate dip, chocolate syrup, marshmellow dip, pancake syrup, salad dressings, and all different types of sauces that you may not usually be able to have while on keto)

PB2 is great to add into any shakes or to make cookies and cakes with. It's peanuts that have the fat pressed out so you can still enjoy pb without the extra calories

Shirataki noodles (They are noodles that are made from the roots of sweet potatoes. There are no calories in these noodles because it is all fiber. They are great for making stir fry and they fill you up without adding calories. If your struggling with staying full and you are having trouble controlling your appetite then the shiritaki noodles is great for you. You can throw them, some chicken, some olive oil, low sodium soy sauce and some spices in a frying pan and you have stir fry.

Jello is great Candy and various types of sweets can be made from jello. You can find recipes on lowcarbfriends.com I make gummi bears, licorice, peppermint patties and other candy on there with little to no calories at all

You don't*have to give up your favorite foods you just have to be creative. For example if you love chicken fingers but don't eat them because they are fried and have breading then make your own. Crush up pork rinds in a bag for the breading(no carbs), 1 tablespoon low fat parm cheese(it helps the breading stick) dip the chicken in egg whites, shake them in the breading bag and bake them. They taste just like regular chicken fingers.
Or
If you miss pancakes mix 2 scoops of whatever kind of protein that you like, water and maybe some pb2 if you desire in a blender (don't add too much water you want it to be like pancake mix), spray a lil I can't believe it's not butter in the pan, pour in batter and you have pancakes. Add in some waldenfarms pancake syrup and it is great.

Some tricks to staying full on the keto diet is picking the dense foods that are going to keep you full. Also when you have your protein shake don't make it with just water in a shaker cup. Put protein, water, ice, and maybe some waldenfarms calorie free condiments in a blender. You will end up having a 25 ounce milkshake like protein shake that tastes just as good if not better then a milkshake compared to having a 12 ounce protein shake that doesn't taste as good and doesn't quite fill you up.

Use spices for your foods. They add a ton of flavor without adding a ton of calories.

A lot of this information and other things related to it is spread around the forums. I'm just taking it and adding it in one place with some tips and tricks of my own. If anyone else has any tips for the keto diet or any meals that make it easier feel free to chime in.

yellanelly
07-12-2009, 11:54 AM
awesome info!!!

debbiebramwell
07-12-2009, 12:30 PM

I'm creating this thread to help make keto diets easier for people. Some people crave certain foods that may lead them to break their diet, some get tired of eating the same meals day in and day out and others have large appetites and do not seem to get full on the keto diet (I have a huge appetite I am one of these people)*

Keto Friendly Foods (Here is a list of great foods and things that you can add to foods)

Waldenfarms condiments (They make all sorts of calorie free condiments such as chocolate dip, chocolate syrup, marshmellow dip, pancake syrup, salad dressings, and all different types of sauces that you may not usually be able to have while on keto)

PB2 is great to add into any shakes or to make cookies and cakes with. It's peanuts that have the fat pressed out so you can still enjoy pb without the extra calories

Shirataki noodles (They are noodles that are made from the roots of sweet potatoes. There are no calories in these noodles because it is all fiber. They are great for making stir fry and they fill you up without adding calories. If your struggling with staying full and you are having trouble controlling your appetite then the shiritaki noodles is great for you. You can throw them, some chicken, some olive oil, low sodium soy sauce and some spices in a frying pan and you have stir fry.

Jello is great Candy and various types of sweets can be made from jello. You can find recipes on lowcarbfriends.com I make gummi bears, licorice, peppermint patties and other candy on there with little to no calories at all

You don't*have to give up your favorite foods you just have to be creative. For example if you love chicken fingers but don't eat them because they are fried and have breading then make your own. Crush up pork rinds in a bag for the breading(no carbs), 1 tablespoon low fat parm cheese(it helps the breading stick) dip the chicken in egg whites, shake them in the breading bag and bake them. They taste just like regular chicken fingers.
Or
If you miss pancakes mix 2 scoops of whatever kind of protein that you like, water and maybe some pb2 if you desire in a blender (don't add too much water you want it to be like pancake mix), spray a lil I can't believe it's not butter in the pan, pour in batter and you have pancakes. Add in some waldenfarms pancake syrup and it is great.

Some tricks to staying full on the keto diet is picking the dense foods that are going to keep you full. Also when you have your protein shake don't make it with just water in a shaker cup. Put protein, water, ice, and maybe some waldenfarms calorie free condiments in a blender. You will end up having a 25 ounce milkshake like protein shake that tastes just as good if not better then a milkshake compared to having a 12 ounce protein shake that doesn't taste as good and doesn't quite fill you up.

Use spices for your foods. They add a ton of flavor without adding a ton of calories.

A lot of this information and other things related to it is spread around the forums. I'm just taking it and adding it in one place with some tips and tricks of my own. If anyone else has any tips for the keto diet or any meals that make it easier feel free to chime in.

this is great info!! however If on daves "prep" keto diet you cant use these things...however, if you are not prepping for a show then its fine I cant wait to use some of these ideas after my shows are done!;)

Mr. Hyde
07-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the website. I have been buying Walden Farms 0 calorie PB. It take nasty by itself but since im not on a keto diet theres ways to make it taste good.

When i was on the keto i diet i used this peanuts butter sauce recipe 2x a days. I used to mix it with chooped chicken and use iceburg lettuce as wraps.

32g natty pb
Garlic
salt & pepper
Soy sauce
2 splenda
2 TBSP water

Put in the microwave for 1 minute the mix the chicken in and go to town.

Alex The Great
07-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Yea I do something similar. I started eating the shirataki noodles which are amazing and no calories because they area made from yam root flour. I make stir fry. In a small bowl I mix

soy sauce
salt and pepper
waldenfarms peanut spread (0 calories)
kicken chicken seasoning
2 tablespoons splenda
1/2 cup water.

Then I let the shirataki noodles marinate in that sauce and they take on the full flavor of it. I toss the noodles and chicken in a frying pan with a little walnut oil in the pan and now ive got stir fry with only about 3 carbs.

MashkaNY
07-14-2009, 11:35 AM
walden farms are great, cant do too many of them though kick you out of ketosis :( so is sf jello and these tofu noodles, good stuff!

Frosty
07-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Here is an odd sounding but actually VERY good protein shake I've really been loving....making me look forward to my shake since it's so different.

-Vanilla whey isolate
-5-8g whole psyllium husk
-1 rounded 1/2 tsp Magnesium citrate powder
-A little Cherry Kool Aid mix
-Instead of water use strawberry Powerade Zero
-1-2 tsp Carlson lemon flavored fish oil (seriously...it goes in just fine)
(whatever other additives you want like creatine monohydrate)

Blend up with a blender or hand blender. It makes a creamy strawberry shake. The Kool Aid and magnesium citrate make it tart like REAL fruit shakes would have, so it's much better than just strawberry flavored isolate. The whole psyllium husk makes it pulpy like real fruit, too. I don't have strawberry flavored protein powder, but I imagine it could work well with the Mg citrate adding tartness. Although the vanilla makes it creamy. I bet you could use some ice if you wanted in a blender.

You get good protein, good emulsified fats, fiber to slow digestion of the whey, and a good dose of magnesium in an absorbable form. Just thought I'd toss this out here because I really like it.

Frosty
07-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Good cooking skills help a TON.

For example, a meat thermometer for chicken is a must. When I cook it on the stove, I put the probe in the thick part, set the alarm for 160F. As soon as it hits 160 take it off...it'll continue to raise about 5 deg depending on how much heat you were using...this bring it to just done and as juicy as possible. People tend to overcook the shit out of chicken making it dry. It only needs to be 165!!!

Things like brining chicken using sea salt in water is another fun thing to use, especially if you plan on grilling your chicken over gas or charcoal. Quality liquid smoke (the ones that are just "smoke" and water) can add some major flavor to chicken. Oh, and wanna make your ground turkey breast super delicious?? Spray it up with liquid smoke and brown it in a pan! Delicious. You can even learn to mix in a little low cal chicken broth to the turkey breast or even egg whites for added moisture since turkey breast tends to get very dry.

Guar or xanthum gum I buy at the health food store and I use to thicken sauces or dressings I make. It's just fiber so it doesn't add any calories and can thicken things up which is nice. For salad dressings it's a great addition when I make them myself.

Frosty
07-14-2009, 12:02 PM
One veggie I've fallen in love with that works well on the diet is roasted zucchini.

Cut them in half length-wise. Put a drop of EVOO or mac nut oil on each piece and rub it over the white flesh surface (you don't need more than a couple drops). Put on some fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt and garlic granuals, then broil in the oven until slightly browned. It's delicious and very low carb. You can eat an entire small zucchini per meal if you wanted! A little parmesean on top can be an amazing addition if it fits into your diet. You can also spray a little fake butter spray on it after it's done for added buttery flavor :) Great cold as well.

Frosty
07-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Also I find very hot spicy foods and sour flavors really help satisfy you. Hot sauces that use vinegar help, or just using spices that have plenty of heat really satisfy (for me at least).

Alex The Great
07-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Another great way to fill you up without adding extra calories is to have spinach leaves with your meals. When I'm having grilled chicken or salmon I just throw it over a bed of spinach leaves. It's 25 calories for 85 grams of spinach leaves and that's a plate full of spinach leaves. The great thing is they are only 25 calories for 85 grams, 0g fat, 2g carbs/1g fiber so 1g and 3g protein plus they really help fill you up and they contain phytonutrients.

CallofDuty4
07-29-2009, 07:50 PM
"Cooking" with Frosty & Alex The Great...you can buy it at your local Borders....

Frosty
07-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Oh man, was craving something other than what's on my diet. Went to the store and made this....simple and easy but fuckin A was it good:

-Super lean cut of beef
-Carne asada marinade
-fresh zucchini

Cubed the beef and trimmed off any visible fat, put in a bowl with a tbsp of marinade, added some sea salt, added liquid smoke, a little liquid sweet n low, extra garlic. Heated a pan to medium high and then seared the meat.

The zucchini I did the thing cutting in half, roasting, lots of salt, garlic, and fresh cracked pepper, and then topped with butter spray when done.

Wow man....wow....no more cravings :D

lomox
07-30-2009, 09:57 AM
The zucchini I did the thing cutting in half, roasting, lots of salt, garlic, and fresh cracked pepper, and then topped with butter spray when done.
:D

This is actually a staple in most NY Italian households. We do it with Zuccini and sometimes eggplant (becuase old Italian ladies like my grandma - RIP - grow these over the summer in thier yards).

Basically you spilt the zucc in half and poke small holes in it with a kinfe. Then you chop up some garlic and stick the pieces in the holes. Brush the top with Olive Oil, hit it with some salt & pepper (fresh cracked pepper, not dirt) and either bake it or nuke it depending on how lazy you are. I always liked to broil it for like 3 minutes or so after wards to crisp it a little but thats just me. Then before you eat hit it with some Locatelli grated cheese and enjoy. This is like an afternoon snack throughout the summer - I think it was so popular becuase it was basically free and these ladies grew up durring the depression. What could one cost... 2 cents worth of EVOO & garlic? Fresh basil and or oregano are awesome on this too - by my grandma used to get mad at me for picking the basil cause she needed it all for the sauce! LOL!

INFUSING EGG WHITES WITH FLAVOR
THis is one thing I love to do. You are basically taking egg whites and adding great flavor before you cook them. You do need some kind of power mixer for this (although I have used a shaker cup before, but its not the same), like a milk shake maker - I have a nice Hamilton Beach one I got on sale for like $20 THREE YEARS AGO!

Take desired amount of egg whites and add spices. My favorites include:

100% pure stevia extract powder (I actually use it in everything I eat)Cayenne (sp) pepper
Goya Sazon con Achote (the yellowing kind)
Cinnamon
Mrs. Dash (all but Lemmon Pepper flavor - that shits nasty! Mesquite and Tomato Basil are my favs)
Oregano
Basil
Cocoa Powder (this makes an excellent chocolate cake - Herseys Special Dark Cocoa Powder - 5 cals per tbsp - and Stevia to taste. Quick way is to add alittle psyllium and nuke it. Let it cool, drizzle with Walden Chocolate Syrup and stick it in the freezer for a little while. If calories permit also add pb2. Awesome!)
Vanilla, Almond, Coconut, Maple, Coffee Extracts
That's just to make the egg whites super flavorful. How you prepare them from there is up to you and what your diet allows. I used to make giant omlettes filled with spinach, broccoli and green beans; fat free cheese; laughing cow cheese spread on top; garlic powder and butter spray. Then id dip it in yellow mustard and/or reduced sugar ketchup one bite at a time. Mine were masssive - so much so that I had to buy a platter just to eat them! 14" wide at least and maybe 1.5 inches thick in the center. But I found that with the right spices you can make the veggies taste like anything. Liquid smoke and bbq type spices are great for making it taste meat or cheeseburgerlike.

I actually have a shitton of recipies in my head and I have been meaning to put them to paper (or keyboard).

CallofDuty4
07-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Frosty,

Is zucchini allowed at the begining of keto??....I like to grill it same way as you do it.

Frosty
07-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Frosty,

Is zucchini allowed at the begining of keto??....I like to grill it same way as you do it.

Yes of course. Don't eat a TON but they're pretty low carb.

bigoso
07-30-2009, 01:49 PM
One of my favorite meals, simple as it sounds is chicken breast....I personally cook mine with fresh ground black pepper and seasoning salt...avocado with sea salt and taco bell hot sauce...no calories....tastes great!!

cobra
08-01-2009, 04:20 PM

Or

Where can I find these noodles?? Wal-Mart?

arielkhadr
08-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Nooooo way .. Not walmart..

www.miraclenoodles.com (http://www.miraclenoodles.com)

I'm eating them as I speak! lol :hungry:

Alex The Great
08-01-2009, 06:48 PM
www.asianfoodgrocer.com (http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com) is probably the cheapest website that you will find them on. Thats where I order them from. They are awesome. Some say that you may have to get use to the taste and texture but every since I started using them I loved them. Just make sure you rinse them really well then press with a paper towel and rinse again cause they have a fishy smell to them.

I make stir fry out of them. Here is an amazing recipe for it.

1 Tablespoon waldenfarms peanut spread
1 Teaspoon Splenda
1 Teaspoon Kicken Chicken Spices
1 Teaspoon Pepper
1-2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (Carb free one)
2 Tablespoons water

Mix it all together. Put it in a plastic bag with the noodles and some chicken to marinade. Then cook it up.

cobra
08-01-2009, 08:48 PM
thanx guys, I'm gonna have to get on those for sure!

lomox
08-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Nooooo way .. Not walmart..

www.miraclenoodles.com (http://www.miraclenoodles.com)

I'm eating them as I speak! lol :hungry:

OMG this is huge!!! Thanks!

arielkhadr
08-01-2009, 11:32 PM
No Problem!!! :D Does anyone have any good recipes with them? Besides the stir fry that Alex posted :)...

cobra
08-02-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm sure you gotta eat the noodles in moderation though, right? Like using Walden Farms syrup, I usually only use the stuff one, MAYBE 2 meals a day and any time I ever use it I only do a 1 tbsp. So, how much do you eat in a serving, a cup maybe?

MashkaNY
08-02-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm sure you gotta eat the noodles in moderation though, right? Like using Walden Farms syrup, I usually only use the stuff one, MAYBE 2 meals a day and any time I ever use it I only do a 1 tbsp. So, how much do you eat in a serving, a cup maybe?
you seriously can do only 1 tbsp of WF???? damn i give you respect

if i open one of those tubs of jelly, the tub will be gone for sure

i calculate it as 22 cals though, cuz its 22 servings and they say 0 calories per serving lol

the noodles are 20 cals for the whole pack, so just count 20 cals, at least unlike WF they tell you the info, like how much actual carbs and what not is in it

Shawn Bellon
08-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Nice thread. :)

Alex The Great
08-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Yea the noodles contain very little calories. The calories that they do contain is from the fiber even though there is still an arguement ongoing as to whether soluble fiber actually contains any calories at all. Some say soluble fiber contains 2.5 grams per serving.

cobra
08-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Oh man, was craving something other than what's on my diet. Went to the store and made this....simple and easy but fuckin A was it good:

-Super lean cut of beef
-Carne asada marinade
-fresh zucchini

Cubed the beef and trimmed off any visible fat, put in a bowl with a tbsp of marinade, added some sea salt, added liquid smoke, a little liquid sweet n low, extra garlic. Heated a pan to medium high and then seared the meat.

Wow man....wow....no more cravings :D

Had to follow you up on this although I forgot the Carne Asada Marinade, liquid smoke and sweet n low. So I just did Steak (top sirloin) seasoned w/ just some sea salt and cracked black pepper and zucchini seasoned in sea salt, cracked black pepper, little bit of italian seasonin and some spray butter. Makes diet not so bad, just wish I able to eat about 14 ounces instead of 6 LOL.. It was delicious!!

fougnies241
08-06-2009, 01:46 AM
Any ideas or suggestions on doing the keto diet and the tri-lean system together?

Alex The Great
08-06-2009, 03:43 PM
The Under 10 Calorie Chocolate Shake

2 Handfuls of Ice
20 Ounces of Water
1/4-1/2 Tablespoon Unsweetened Hersheys Cocoa
(Depending on how chocolatey you want it)
1-2 Tablespoons Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup or Chocolate Dip
(Depending on how chocolatey you want it)
Stevia to sweeten

After blending these ingredients in a blender add a few more ice cubes
Then add 1/2 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum

You will end up with a 40oz monster Shake with under 10 Calories

5 Calories for the Hersheys Cocoa
(if using 1/2 tablespoon)
Under 5 calories from the waldenfarms syrups (They contain trace calories)
(if using 2 tablespoons)

This shake is great for controlling a sweet tooth while on a keto diet and can help in between meals if you find yourself tempted to cheat or you could add protein and healthy fats to it for a meal. (This is also my pre-bed time shake and I love it). I also add davinci's pb syrup to it sometimes and it tastes great.

CallofDuty4
08-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Dam Alex when I finally get to the point where i dont have to be as strict I'm going to hit you up for a bunch of recipes!!!!!

Alex The Great
08-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Dam Alex when I finally get to the point where i dont have to be as strict I'm going to hit you up for a bunch of recipes!!!!!

Yea just let me know ive got all kinds of tasty keto recipes. I made all different kinds of things when doing keto haha.

cobra
08-08-2009, 11:20 AM

Man, somethin you gotta try is the Keto Buffalo Wangz PJ posted up! Doesn't really matter how strict you're bein, they are alright/ 1 Tbsp Mac oil in fryin pan, cut chicken strips you've already cooked (mine were just grilled in sea salt and cracked black pepper) into strips, then put in desired amount of Franks red hot hot sauce or Franks Buggalo Wang sauce (zero calories) let em sizzle til crisp, like 10 minutes. Delicious! You can also dip them in some Walden Farms Ranch as well!

arielkhadr
08-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Okay.. Today, I was seriously bored with my everyday flounder and plain miracle noodles, which made me decide to get busy with new recipes..

First, I started making flounder..
1) Sprinkle: Curry Powder, Cumin, & Cilantro on the front and back
2) Put balsamic vinegar on the bottom on the tray and place the fish in it
3) Chop up some garlic and place it on the top and sides of the fish.....
4) Bake for desired amount of time and then broil for desired amount of time..
Came out so good!
http://i32.tinypic.com/25kmz6a.jpg
(YES- I know I'm pretty pathetic with the picture..;))

After I put the fish in the oven I got busy making Miracle Noodles....
I tried Alex's recipe from earlier in the thread, except I put my own twist on it..

1 tbsp walden farms peanut spread
3-4 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Sprinkle ginger
Sprinkle salt
Sprinke salt
Let it simmer and soak up the vinegar and soy sauce, as well as mix the peanut spread evenly into the noodles..

Also came out really good! ( thanks Alex :p)

Vik
08-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Very nicer Ideas guys and gals cant wait to try some of these!

Alex The Great
08-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Haha sure. For some reason that waldenfarms peanut spread really gives it that sweet asian peanut sauce taste. It makes the marinade.

arielkhadr
08-10-2009, 04:21 PM
I forgot the 1 packet of stevia in my miracle noodles recipe :dunno:

lomox
08-10-2009, 04:23 PM
I forgot the 1 packet of stevia in my miracle noodles recipe :dunno:

STILL can't thank you enough for turning me on.... to the miracle noodles!! Taste like Ramen to me. I have 2 bags with my dinner nightly, but I havent even scratched the surface on recipes.

My next order I'll have to get some rigatoni and elbows, then think up some kind of mac n cheese recipe!

arielkhadr
08-10-2009, 04:34 PM
STILL can't thank you enough for turning me on.... to the miracle noodles!! Taste like Ramen to me. I have 2 bags with my dinner nightly, but I havent even scratched the surface on recipes.

My next order I'll have to get some rigatoni and elbows, then think up some kind of mac n cheese recipe!

You are SOO welcome!! :yep:
I want the other kinds also.. But, I don't know how to order them! :( :confused:

Alex The Great
08-10-2009, 04:51 PM
If I were you guys I would order them off of www.asianfoodgrocer.com (http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com) They are by far the cheapest and they have all different kinds of shiritaki noodles.

arielkhadr
08-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Yeah but, siriitaki noodles have calories.. Miracle noodles don't

arielkhadr
08-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Stratch that.. Not the ones on this website.. lol

arielkhadr
08-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Make sure you get this one.. It has no calories

https://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/img/prods/food/noodle/3044992-jfc-white-shirataki-noodles.jpg

lomox
08-10-2009, 05:27 PM
If I were you guys I would order them off of www.asianfoodgrocer.com (http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com) They are by far the cheapest and they have all different kinds of shiritaki noodles.

They are different than the miracle noodles. These ar emade from Yam Flour whereas MNs are:

Servings per Container- 2.3
Serving Size - 3oz
Calories - 0
Fat - 0
Protein - 0
Carbohydrate - <1gm - only fiber
Sugar - 0
Protein - 0
Zero Net Carbs, Zero Calories
Ingredients : Water, glucomannan (soluble fiber), calcium additive.

lomox
08-10-2009, 05:44 PM
And did ya see this?!... Endless possibilites! (if its ever in stock!!!)

http://miraclenoodle.com/images/p92.jpg
Konjac glucomannan flour 17.6oz per bag is pure soluble fiber, no fat, no sugar, no starch, it is also gluten free and wheat free. Just dissolve a teaspoon in water for 5 grams of fiber or use it as a thickening agent like you would use starch!
The Perfect Fiber Addition!!

Out of stock1 bag - 17.6 oz of The Perfect Fiber Addition! $19.99 plus $9.89 S&H
Out of stock 2 bags - each 17.6 oz of The Perfect Fiber Addition! $36.99 plus $9.89 S&H (Free Shipping plus discount for the second bag)

How to use Konjac Glucomannan flour
Use it as a thickener as you would corn starch, one teaspoon acts more like 10 teaspoons of corn starch.
Add to gravy or soup or cooking sauces as a thickening agent without calories, without carbs, just added soluble fiber which your body needs. The question is why would you ever use corn starch again when you can use Konjac Glucomannan flour and get added fiber without any carb addition.
When baking bread or cookies, add one teaspoon of Konjac Glucomannan flour to 2 cups wheat flour.
Or dissolve in water to use as a fiber supplement.
Are you starting to see why we love our products! As Americans we are fiber deficient, we see adding healthy fiber to your diet as one of the most rewarding parts of our jobs!

Alex The Great
08-10-2009, 07:53 PM
"Glucomannan can be extracted from the Amorphopallus species, for example, A. riviera and its varieties (often referred to as A. konjac), A. oncophyllus, A. varialis, A. bulbifera and A. blumeli. The preferred glucomannan from an Amorphopallus species is commonly referred to as konjac flour (or yam flour)."

Same thing :)

Nick Paladino
08-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Okay.. Today, I was seriously bored with my everyday flounder and plain miracle noodles, which made me decide to get busy with new recipes..

First, I started making flounder..
1) Sprinkle: Curry Powder, Cumin, & Cilantro on the front and back
2) Put balsamic vinegar on the bottom on the tray and place the fish in it
3) Chop up some garlic and place it on the top and sides of the fish.....
4) Bake for desired amount of time and then broil for desired amount of time..
Came out so good!
http://i32.tinypic.com/25kmz6a.jpg
(YES- I know I'm pretty pathetic with the picture..;))

After I put the fish in the oven I got busy making Miracle Noodles....
I tried Alex's recipe from earlier in the thread, except I put my own twist on it..

1 tbsp walden farms peanut spread
3-4 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Sprinkle ginger
Sprinkle salt
Sprinke salt
Let it simmer and soak up the vinegar and soy sauce, as well as mix the peanut spread evenly into the noodles..

Also came out really good! ( thanks Alex :p)
I got a little something for you Ariel!

Nick Paladino
08-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Seasonings
-Old Bay and Cumin
-Red wine vinaigrette
-Garlic on each fillet-use a garlic press
-Sprinkle onions top
-Sprinkle with Salt
-Top with mushrooms
-2tbs of Mac nut oil

arielkhadr
08-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Maybeee you did ! But, half that stuff I can't have on contest diet :(

arielkhadr
08-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Does look good...... lol.....

zubbeyboy
08-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Maybeee you did ! But, half that stuff I can't have on contest diet :(

Arielkhadr,

Your dedication in general is pretty damn impressive.And as well factor in the dedication you have at your age and its plain mind boggling!! You have a BRIGHT future ahead of you fo sho!! You are a great role model. Just had to give you a shout out girl!!!

arielkhadr
08-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Arielkhadr,

Your dedication in general is pretty damn impressive.And as well factor in the dedication you have at your age and its plain mind boggling!! You have a BRIGHT future ahead of you fo sho!! You are a great role model. Just had to give you a shout out girl!!!
Thank you soo much!!!

TUFF
08-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Keep the food coming. I struggle with my Keto. I get to the point that chicken makes me gag. Its my fault for cooking it the same way meal after meal for weeks on end. I need some variety. These ideas have been great.
Post some quick meals also.

zubbeyboy
08-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Keep the food coming. I struggle with my Keto. I get to the point that chicken makes me gag. Its my fault for cooking it the same way meal after meal for weeks on end. I need some variety. These ideas have been great.
Post some quick meals also.

Heres a QUICK keto meal.
Take 5 Flax Eggs,crack them,and put them all in a glasss......now- Chugg Em!!!
LOL
But seriously i do that 3-4 times a week.

Nick Paladino
08-11-2009, 03:41 AM
Thank you soo much!!! Everyone Loves Ariel! The GREEN eyed beauty! lol :hmn:

lomox
08-11-2009, 09:09 AM
"Glucomannan can be extracted from the Amorphopallus species, for example, A. riviera and its varieties (often referred to as A. konjac), A. oncophyllus, A. varialis, A. bulbifera and A. blumeli. The preferred glucomannan from an Amorphopallus species is commonly referred to as konjac flour (or yam flour)."

Same thing :)

Somehow I knew that was coming!:byeb:

Those sneaky bastards! Thanks for the clarification my man.

lomox
08-11-2009, 09:15 AM
I want the other kinds also.. But, I don't know how to order them! :( :confused:

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/variety.html

Penne here I come!

mshrdbdy
09-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Tried the Under 10 Calorie Shake today... It was GRRREAT!
I was totally having a sweets craving so I figured I'd give it a try, except I also added a 1/2 tbsp cinnamon and some clear mixing fiber. Filling and satisfying:)

juggernaut
09-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Nice job. Gotta try this eventually.

MsGuns
09-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know where the tea recipe by Colette is?

Big ER
09-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Can someone tell me why my cod is always chewy as hell?

juggernaut
09-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Can someone tell me why my cod is always chewy as hell?
its overcooked. As soon as it gets to a solid color, usually its good.
Just watch that fat linebacker ogre on the Food Network-what the hell is his name...oh yeah Rachel Ray. I learn a lot from him.

Big ER
09-11-2009, 10:43 AM
its overcooked. As soon as it gets to a solid color, usually its good.
Just watch that fat linebacker ogre on the Food Network-what the hell is his name...oh yeah Rachel Ray. I learn a lot from him.

I cant stand "his" voice! But i gues i have no choice. LOL

CallofDuty4
09-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Everytime I grill cod it turns chewy.....any other fish it's fine previous to me being on a diet i only had cod...as fish and chips....

DAVIDHARDY
09-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Cod is disgusting

CallofDuty4
09-11-2009, 11:47 AM
i just think its just good for fish and chips...nothing else. I luv fish but thats the only one I think is not versatile.....

LauraW
09-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Wow! This is some great info. Thanks everyone. :hmn:

DAVIDHARDY
09-15-2009, 08:42 AM
i just think its just good for fish and chips...nothing else. I luv fish but thats the only one I think is not versatile.....

Yeah, but you could fry an ink pen and make it taste good with the right batter lol

JAM
09-15-2009, 09:46 AM

That and lutefisk...j/k
Side note: Would lutefisk keep you in a state of ketosis. I don't think lye has any effect on it. Doesn't really matter. If you diet on fish flavored jello then your some sort of masochist anyway and dieting probably isn't a problem.

CodyKelly
09-17-2009, 12:43 AM
One veggie I've fallen in love with that works well on the diet is roasted zucchini.

Cut them in half length-wise. Put a drop of EVOO or mac nut oil on each piece and rub it over the white flesh surface (you don't need more than a couple drops). Put on some fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt and garlic granuals, then broil in the oven until slightly browned. It's delicious and very low carb. You can eat an entire small zucchini per meal if you wanted! A little parmesean on top can be an amazing addition if it fits into your diet. You can also spray a little fake butter spray on it after it's done for added buttery flavor :) Great cold as well.

Wow, i tried the broiled zucchinni tonight! Excellent! I'm ranting to everyone about how good it was!