PDA

View Full Version : Dana spanks Brock over post-fight Douchebaggery

Dr Pangloss
07-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Update: Post-Fight Antics Dim Lesnar’s Afterglow at UFC 100
Options: http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/icons/email_icon.gif Email Article (javascript:sendto('?article=18481');) | http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/icons/printer_icon.gif Printer Friendly (javascript:printer_friendly('/news_print.php','news','scrollbars=yes,width=635,h eight=500'))
http://www.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/headers/20090712122554_big_lesnar.JPG&width_size=570
Sunday, July 12, 2009
by Brian Knapp ([email protected] ([email protected]))

On a night when he stood alone atop the UFC heavyweight division, Brock Lesnar (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brock-Lesnar-17522)’s behavior -- not his destructive, one-sided victory against Frank Mir (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Frank-Mir-2329) -- was the subject of post-fight discussion on Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Lesnar unified the heavyweight championship in only his fifth professional appearance, as he bullied his way to a technical knockout against Mir -- the only man to defeat him -- in the UFC 100 main event. His tirade afterward -- which included a low blow to the UFC’s primary sponsor, Bud Light, waving his middle fingers at the audience, taunting Mir and exposing plans for a post-fight sex romp with his wife -- drew the ire of UFC President Dana White.

The 32-year-old Lesnar claimed he was headed out to drink a Coors Light because Bud Light would not pay him any money. One of the UFC’s highest-paid fighters, he made $450,000 in disclosed pay for his TKO victory against hall of famer Randy Couture (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Randy-Couture-166) at UFC 91 in November.

“I was blown away,” White said. “I don’t think in the history of the UFC we’ve had anybody do that. It’s not who we are, and, to be honest, it’s not who he is. You hang with these guys personally, and you get to know them. If he was a dick, I’d tell you right now this guy is a psycho and I don’t know what I’m going to do with him. He’s not. He’s a smart guy. The sponsorship thing was the craziest thing I’ve ever heard in my life.”

Lesnar’s antics drudged up memories of his days as a World Wrestling Entertainment superstar, when showboating and pushing the envelope of taste were encouraged and profitable. White claimed he confronted the apologetic champion in his dressing room after he left the Octagon.

“Brock went so far over the top, I can’t even put it into words,” White said. “WWE -- that’s what it is. We had a talk. We talked like men, and he said he was sorry. He said, ‘I’m embarrassed by what I said.’ I take his word for it this time.”

Lesnar issued an apology at a post-fight press conference.

“I acted very unprofessionally after the fight, and I’ll leave it at that,” he said. “You guys ask me all the time if there’s anything I can drag over from WWE, and I guess you’ve seen a little bit of that tonight. I’m used to selling pay-per-view tickets. Dana came back, and we had our whip-the-dog session. I screwed up, and I apologize.”

Lesnar expressed specific remorse to Bud Light.

“I’m not biased,” he said. “I drink any beer.”

Dr Pangloss
07-12-2009, 06:11 PM
I dont accept the apology. He has acted like an ass every goddammed time he gets into the cage.

I will be enjoying any loss or set back he has.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
07-12-2009, 06:19 PM
I wonder if the WWE will feel any backlash from this.

Well, maybe not. It has nothing to do with them. If anything, this might just help them some.

Dr Pangloss
07-12-2009, 06:33 PM
I wonder if the WWE will feel any backlash from this.

Well, maybe not. It has nothing to do with them. If anything, this might just help them some.

I guarantee you lesner will never say another shitty thing about bud light again...:)

Gaoshang Xiongshou
07-12-2009, 06:52 PM
I guarantee you lesner will never say another shitty thing about bud light again...:)

I was watching his breakdown after the fight... heard his diss against Bud Light, and saw him flip off the crowd... I figured, at the very least, a fine was in order.

Sensei
07-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Brock just needs to learn to be more professional & he didnt win over any fans by doing what he did. Way more ppl see the PPV & never see the post fight press conference

hulkish808
07-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Honestly, I think it's great for the UFC because it draws more attention to Brock, positively or negatively. Why do you think WWE became so popular in the first place?

I did think Brock was selfless, especially when he walked away from Mir to "shake hands" in the beginning of the match. Then when he was still trash talking after the TKO, and fingering the fans....but I think that was his adrenaline and maybe the reaction he wanted to get from everybody, since everyone was already cheering for Mir. All-in-all..as long as he doesn't pull a Tito with Dana, Brock should do fine. I thought it was hilarious.

DannyG
07-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeah i thought the shit was funny myself. Brock was just pissed and i don't blame him.

Foreskin
07-12-2009, 10:26 PM
guys an idiot, I hope the ufc and it's fans are proud of their heavyweight champion and how he represents them

hulkish808
07-12-2009, 10:30 PM
it's all about selling the UFC, IMO Brock did that on instinct from his WWE days...he appologized anyway. It makes things fun and interesting.

Like when Hendo fell and hit Mike one time even if he was knocked out already, obviously they aren't friends in real life, and I think people want to see that animosity between fighters..it makes things more interesting, and it sells.

heavies
07-13-2009, 07:05 AM
you guys are getting your panties in a wad over some dumb shit, the guy was amped outta his mind he fired off his mouth, he had to eat crow now its over..........

Plates
07-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Brock is fueled by his anger and passion for what he is doing. There is nothing with being excited about what you are doing. However, when you flip off the crowd and diss the sponsors, its a completely unprofessional thing to do. Think about it this way, he basically told the majority of people that put money in his pocket, "FUCK YOU!" Smart idea. Nothing like biting the hands that feed you and your family.

gettnbig
07-13-2009, 01:43 PM
I would flip the crowd off as they are chanting for Mir as well. Though I do feel could have backed away from the WWE type of behavior and been a little more professional like the other MMA fighters are.
This is only his 5th fight in the UFC and still needs to learn some decorum, its not the WWE.
other than that great domination by him over Frank Mir (glad he got his ass beat).

Irish
07-13-2009, 06:30 PM
The man was obviously on a major power buzz from his win and lost his mind for a few minutes, he did say and do a few things that some people think crossed the line but he has been warned and later apologized, so no real harm done.

I like Brock as a fighter and imo he deserves to be the heavyweight champion.

~gymdiva~
07-14-2009, 08:38 PM
more flack from his flipping off:

In a recent blog posted over at Yahoo.com, UFC fighter Shane Carwin had the following to say on Brock Lesnar's post UFC 100 fight antics. "The flipping off of the fans that just lined your pocket with millions of dollars is just lame. He may be a champion but he has a long ways to go before he earns the respect of a champion. The fans are why we do this Brock, this sport is not about fat paychecks and drama. It is about hard work and sacrifice for a shot to do what you did [Saturday] night. It doesn’t matter how much money you make if you can’t earn your peers respect and the respect and love of the greatest sporting fans in the world."

dublin-lifter
07-15-2009, 08:16 AM
he is a dick and a terrible rep for the sport ill be looking forward to when he gets knocked out

DannyG
07-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I hope he keeps up with the antics not a bad thing for the sport. Who cares if he talks shit as long as fucks people up. I mean i remember a few times when Mike Tyson would say shit like "I will rape your kids", or "I will fuck you until you like it fagot". I think that's a lot worse than what Brock said and Tyson had a shit load of fans.

Mr X
07-17-2009, 04:00 AM
he is a dick and a terrible rep for the sport ill be looking forward to when he gets knocked out

Its FIGHTING you douchebag, bad for the sport? get the fuck outa here.

heavies
07-17-2009, 05:23 PM

dude, seriously??

dublin-lifter
07-17-2009, 05:57 PM
dude, seriously??

yea serioursly

dublin-lifter
07-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Its FIGHTING you douchebag, bad for the sport? get the fuck outa here.

its just the way he goes on lets take a proper champ for example say gsp after all the shit bj penn talked about him what the first thing he done after the fight go over to him tell him he is a great fighter and not to let this set him back
and its mma by the way

dublin-lifter
07-17-2009, 06:05 PM
by the way i do think if he gets his attitude in check starts to practice his stand up more learn another move apart from hammer fists and starts throwin them shovels he calls hands he could be one of the most popular mma fighters ever
like imagine the knock out punch he would have in stand up

Mr X
07-18-2009, 08:52 AM
its just the way he goes on lets take a proper champ for example say gsp after all the shit bj penn talked about him what the first thing he done after the fight go over to him tell him he is a great fighter and not to let this set him back
and its mma by the way

Its Fighting dickwad ..The Ultimate FIGHTING championships.

dublin-lifter
07-18-2009, 11:52 AM

ah well you got me there he is still not a good champ do

Dr Pangloss
07-18-2009, 11:59 AM

No reason to be insulting here bro.

Mr X
07-18-2009, 12:29 PM
No reason to be insulting here bro.

Fair point its just this dude aggravates me!

Plates
07-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Brock was just in the moment. Im sure he didnt really get what he was doing at the time. Im sure he will come around.

bringingthehuge
07-18-2009, 05:56 PM
I thought that it was funny, especially when he talked about getting on top of his wife when he gets home. I wasn't a brock fan but he scoered some points with me

Jmazz19
07-18-2009, 09:14 PM
If that was my wife i would be bragging about it too!

Sandpig
07-19-2009, 07:58 AM
I had no problem with anything he did except the Bud Light deal. Just felt that he shouldn't be knocking one of the big sponsors.

dublin-lifter
07-19-2009, 07:59 AM
Fair point its just this dude aggravates me!

ahhh i aggravate do i is it cause i dont like your bff brock

dublin-lifter
07-19-2009, 08:02 AM
Brock was just in the moment. Im sure he didnt really get what he was doing at the time. Im sure he will come around.

as ive said already if he gets his attitude in check he could be a huge fan favourite at the moment i dont like him mostly because of his attitude and second cause all he does is ground and pound when he has potential to be so much more better and less one diemential

HUMONGOUS
07-19-2009, 08:07 AM
i hope shane carwin punches a hole clean through his face.

dublin-lifter
07-19-2009, 08:10 AM
I thought that it was funny, especially when he talked about getting on top of his wife when he gets home. I wasn't a brock fan but he scoered some points with me

yea i did like the getting on top of his wife bit but giving a downed opponent abuse very unprofessional
slagging off one of the main sponsors even worse whose next tap out
and the to top it all off he gives the crowd thats after making him money the middle finger
yea very professional athlete

i know he apologized in his post fight press conference but i think thats only cause dana gave out to him

HUMONGOUS
07-19-2009, 08:18 AM
yea i did like the getting on top of his wife bit but giving a downed opponent abuse very unprofessional
slagging off one of the main sponsors even worse whose next tap out
and the to top it all off he gives the crowd thats after making him money the middle finger
yea very professional athlete

i know he apologized in his post fight press conference but i think thats only cause dana gave out to him

that was the most in-sincere apology i've ever seen. the guy is a fuckin' blockhead. i hope his reign is short. lay off the cheque drops jerk-off.

dublin-lifter
07-19-2009, 09:32 AM
that was the most in-sincere apology i've ever seen. the guy is a fuckin' blockhead. i hope his reign is short. lay off the cheque drops jerk-off.

lol it was wasnt it

shane carwin will take him
brock will do his usual run to take him down and run straight into a xxxxxl fist

HUMONGOUS
07-19-2009, 09:41 AM
lol it was wasnt it

shane carwin will take him
brock will do his usual run to take him down and run straight into a xxxxxl fist
man how good would that be! carwin is the antithesis of lesnar too. he's pure class, a real gentleman. i hope he gives him a real lesson in more ways than one. dickhead certainly won't be able to bully him the way he did mir. i bet he'll be real respectful when faced with someone who's bigger than him and a far more technical MMA fighter. lesnar's wrestling would no doubt cause problems for anyone on the planet though. i hope carwin kicks his head off anyway.

Mr X
07-19-2009, 10:18 AM
ahhh i aggravate do i is it cause i dont like your bff brock

Do you want to try that again in English this time.

cobra
07-19-2009, 11:38 AM
I bet he made his wife feel really special with that comment infront of thousands of people..his father-in-law as well..

dublin-lifter
07-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Do you want to try that again in English this time.

no unless your simple you should be able to understand that one

Mr X
07-20-2009, 08:04 AM
no unless your simple you should be able to understand that one

stop quoting me troll, I think you should steer clear of fighting its clearly not your scene.

dublin-lifter
07-20-2009, 11:17 AM
stop quoting me troll, I think you should steer clear of fighting its clearly not your scene.

fighting is not my thing cause i think brock lesnar is a tool sure whatever you say

and ill stop quoting you when you stop insulting me ok

Mr X
07-20-2009, 01:29 PM
fighting is not my thing cause i think brock lesnar is a tool sure whatever you say

and ill stop quoting you when you stop insulting me ok

Wow I can almost see your tears as you type this.

dublin-lifter
07-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Wow I can almost see your tears as you type this.

i know im an emotional mess because of you ah wait no i got over it