PDA

View Full Version : UFC 100...Post your thoughts and comments!

Razer
07-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Mine, it was one of the best mainly because Dan Henderson taught BizDing-a-Ling a lesson..Don't piss off the USA! Dan stretched homeboy OUT! Bizbing should have know Dan had that mean right cocked the whole match just waiting to unload it!

The GSP fight was good as well, Alves hung in there even in the many take downs Alves continued to get up, real endurance on both of them.

Now...
The Brock and Mir fight went like I thought it would...Brock man handling Mir on the ground even though Mir tried several times to lock in a submission Mir just couldn't get around to it. Brock needs to cut back on the celebrating some...some! It's not the WWF anymore. It will be good to watch Brock mature and become a good heavyweight in the future. They both had it out for each other any way.

All in all it there were some good fights. Worth the pay per view price especially if it's divided up at a UFC party!:D

G-Roy
07-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Henderson shutting that cocky brit up was priceless. I loved the extra elbow. Mir got his shit pushed in like I figured. I thought lesner was hilarious. I frankly dont give a shit if it was inappropriate, it got peoples attention and was entertaining.

bionic redneck
07-13-2009, 12:19 AM
^^^what he said

nutratroy
07-13-2009, 12:29 AM
I was there.

Dan is the man!
*I am a huge Mir fan. I really thought from moment of weigh in's, Frank looked a little smaller & maybe too over conditioned thinking he was going to try outlast BL on his back looking for a sub. Truth be told Brock was all intensity from get go out of the locker room.

Will be interesting how Frank Mir comes back mentally again from this. Brock is just a huge beast. I liked how he kept saying "he's training partners can escape from him during practice, but he was SO PUZZLED how FRank could not"

Setting up rematch 3;)

chitownmscle
07-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Frank from what I saw did not look like he wanted to escape, he is a master BJJ and was looking for an opening to get some kind of submission. It was hard to do with Big Brock laying on his chest the entire time though

AirborneFO
07-13-2009, 01:24 AM
All in all, totally expected on the Lesnar fight.

The interesting thing with Lesnar is that he is huge, strong, quick, and has the wrestling background. Plus a head of cement and frozen turkeys for hands.

I don't really see anyone taking him out as of now. The only way to really take him out would be to keep it on the feet, kicks to the head....anything other than the ground. Once he's on you, it like trying to take a candy bar from a starving fat kid. Ain't gonna happen......

Bisbing getting KO'd.....I won $40 on that. Called it. Was laughed at and ridiculed for said prediction. On the other hand, hopefully if humbled him a bit and he can come back a better fighter. I'm just not sure he is even awake right now....LOL

Stavman
07-13-2009, 01:26 AM
This UFC sucked. All the fights were actually boring as hell.

The only time I got out of my seat was when Hendo knocked out Bisping. That was cool.

AirborneFO
07-13-2009, 02:11 AM
Agree. GSP fight was alright, but after the billionth take down I was done with that fight. Again, Lesnar. Same same. Bisbing getting toasted...the only OMFG moment of the night.

heavies
07-13-2009, 07:00 AM
GSP is the most BORING championship fighter I have seen in a long while..... Thiago fucked up by staying outside giving up WAY too much space.... he should have focused on knees at the hint of a shot, and worked to stay in tight.....

Hendo fucked up Bisping, and it is about time, decisions have been awarded to that fuck because he is the poster boy for UFC UK, fuck him, he is a skinny necked pussy....

Razer
07-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Well I will agree Thiago does have some learning to do but GSP said the same thing at the end of the fight. Thiago is tough, young and has a good start, he'll be a force in the 185s.

The Henderson fight was the best of the night and Dan's right you don't stop until the reff stops you, that rule applies in all sports.

I heard Dana White had a good talk to Brock after his fight...looks like we'll see a little more calmer "Brock Head" in the future. LOL!

Did any of you happen to see the sponsors on Frank Mir? Bodybuilding.com and some others, can't remember. I know BSN sponsors several MMA fighters.

One of the main reasons I thought UFC 100 was one of the best PPVs was because we got free ribeys grilled to a nice medium rare!:D

Plates
07-13-2009, 11:28 AM
My thoughts.....fights were great. However 4 fights the entire ppv with how much hype there was. Kind of bullshit. The card was lackluster, but I was happy with the outcome of what was shown. It is what it is.

heavies
07-13-2009, 02:17 PM
My thoughts.....fights were great. However 4 fights the entire ppv with how much hype there was. Kind of bullshit. The card was lackluster, but I was happy with the outcome of what was shown. It is what it is.

I thought the same thing.... not a good value.......... great fights but 4?? are you fucking kidding me??? I think there were more fights on the TUF final, and the UK's got it free??? fuck that.

Stavman
07-13-2009, 02:39 PM
The TUF finale destroyed the UFC 100 in quality AND quanity.

Strikerrjones
07-13-2009, 04:40 PM
I really wanted to see whatever fight it was that left the mat splattered with blood in the beginning. They never showed it that I saw.

Plates
07-14-2009, 09:03 AM
I think it was the Coleman-Bonnar fight. I heard Bonnar had a nice gash on his head

Mr X
07-17-2009, 04:07 AM
I cant believe Coleman beat Bonnar I'm gonna have to get that fight to see what went down.

dublin-lifter
07-17-2009, 07:51 AM
gsp is a warrior he kept fighting even through he though he done in his abductor in the third round he looked like was in pain at the post fight press conference
i was a little disappointed with hendo and that last elbow especially since ufc is only starting to be respected as a sport and not a glorified bar fight but on the other hand he did shut bisping up lol
i thought mir might have done it but unfortunatly he didnt brock acted like a dick after the fight but we all know that i honestly think carwin can beat him he dosent seem to be able to take shots to head very well and well if brock has hammers for fists then carwin are sledge hammers