PDA

View Full Version : Adequan for joint problems

chucksm00th
02-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Over on the other board i first heard someone using Adequan for joint problems. I tried it and was very pleased w/ results. The dosage was stated to be 100mg 2x per week for a total of 4 weeks equating to 8 total shots.

What is the recommended time off before starting again. One would assume equal time off.

Thanks

Jo-Z
02-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Anxious to hear answers...What were you attempting to "fix" chucksm00th? How did it help? Any sides, etc...?

chucksm00th
02-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Anxious to hear answers...What were you attempting to "fix" chucksm00th? How did it help? Any sides, etc...?

Nagging shoudler joint. I tweaked it prob 4 yrs back, wasnt even able to overhead press the olympic bar by itself without getting sharp shooting pains in the shoulder.. Doc said the joint was inflammed, and perscribed celebrex. took them for 6 months and felt better, re-tweaked it and got a cortisone shot...It felt great after that but it doesnt necessarily help the problem only mask it...

Eventually it got better over time and recently i re-tewaked it again really making it very uncomfortable. I got soem Adequan and followed the protocol on the other board as posted above and loved it...My shoulder feels 85% better...i have no problem doing overhead presess at all now.

I gave some to my buddy who has a joint condition like arthitis in his shoulders (according to the Dr) and he was perscribed prednisone. he didnt see any benefits after taking the prednisone so he tried some Adequan i gave him and said he had felt a major improvement.

I also gave some to a friend who is a powerlifter and had knee pain but waiting to hear back from him on it.

All in all i really was impressed with the results i recieved but i just want to know whens best to take again if necessary in the safest manner.

chucksm00th
02-18-2009, 03:49 PM
almost forgot..no sides from my experience other than a much better feeling shoulder!

Jo-Z
02-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks bro!!!!

mr vic
02-19-2009, 01:38 AM
Is adequane pentsosan polysulphate ?

sassy69
02-19-2009, 02:15 AM
Human grade is supposed to be Alflutop. Turns out you can get it on eBay.

Carson
02-19-2009, 09:59 AM
All of my horses that I show are on this. Trust me this stuff is amazing, has kept all of my horses sound.

Carson
02-19-2009, 10:01 AM
If you can find Polyglycan, you would like it even better. Adequan and Legend are both in this product. It has a longer half-life. We use it year round, with no time off.

chucksm00th
02-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Is adequane pentsosan polysulphate ?

adequan is polysulfated glycosaminoglycan :D

chucksm00th
02-21-2009, 12:30 PM
If you can find Polyglycan, you would like it even better. Adequan and Legend are both in this product. It has a longer half-life. We use it year round, with no time off.

i dont know if it was you who wrote that on MD's board, but someone with horses said it was superior to adequan (polyglycan). I would have opted for that but all i could get at the time was adequan and trust me i needed it!!!