PDA

View Full Version : BCAA's

stephaniewicked
07-13-2009, 01:55 PM
How do you all take yours? I purchased ON's BCAA powder a couple months back and I've only taken it once or twice because I can't get past the awful taste. I've tried mixing it with water, juice and protein and no matter what I put it in, it makes the liquid taste so unbearably difficult to choke down. I even tried holding my nose as I swallow, but I can still taste it. I tend to think I eat alot of things that I normally wouldn't by choice if I didn't know how good it was for me so I know I need to get over this. How do you do it? My bf also had me throw the spoonful in the back of my throat, chased with a glass of water... same result though. Bleh!!!!

jisboss
07-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Open tub of chain'd out.
scoop into bottle.
add water.
drink.
Best tasting BCAA

LisaRD23
07-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I take the pill form...

stephaniewicked
07-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Open tub of chain'd out.
scoop into bottle.
add water.
drink.
Best tasting BCAA

Yeah, I've heard really good things about Chain'd Out. Money's tight, however, and I already have this tub so I at least want to finish it before I order anything else. I guess I'll have to suck it up and spend the extra money next time though... sounds like it's worth it!

TigerUpperCut
07-13-2009, 08:41 PM
i take bcaa mixed with creatine after my workout

GetLean
07-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Mix with crystal lite or something to the likes of that.

carpediem
07-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Fill your mouth with water, throw a scoop in there and swallow. Won't taste the bcaas

MashkaNY
07-14-2009, 09:53 AM
im sitting at my desk right now w a scoop licking it slowly lol

no seriously lol

i love it

i use purple waarth tho0ugh

i bought some before this from ON, NASTyyyyyyyyyyyy ew

stephaniewicked
07-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I love ON protein but the BCAA powder is very nasty! I choked it down last night because I'm determined to get my aminos, but I don't plan to continue suffering if there's a better way...

KBigz81
07-14-2009, 10:24 AM
blue raspberry xtend! stuff is sour and tastes like the flavored sugar in a straw. It felt like I was cheat during my contest prep.

Mudpro69
07-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Lately, I've been buying Leucine 4:1:1 from True Protein. I drink it with crystal light during my training. To me, it seem less bitter than BCAAs.

stephaniewicked
07-14-2009, 10:48 AM
blue raspberry xtend! stuff is sour and tastes like the flavored sugar in a straw. It felt like I was cheat during my contest prep.

*jealous* Okay, I'm trying that next time... DPS is out of that flavor - must be a popular one! :)

MashkaNY
07-14-2009, 12:00 PM
ooooooooh i wanna try this!

sounds like the description of my purple waarth but raspberry!

everyone in my office calls it "bodybuilding candy" lolllllllllllll cuz they see me eating it and it smells like candy

does the xtend have melodextrin??

Frosty
07-14-2009, 12:07 PM
I like straight leucine for during the day since you require less (3-5g 3-4x/day spaced out) which adds less calories, is easier to take, and costs a lot less and does the same job. Sometimes I'll just take the straight powder with a sip of Powerade Zero and that helps. Or if I wanted to I could order a flavor system with it if I ordered from trueprotein.com.

KBigz81
07-14-2009, 01:53 PM
*jealous* Okay, I'm trying that next time... DPS is out of that flavor - must be a popular one! :)

bb.com carries it. the sour apple is another one of my favorites and the orange xtend tastes like tang.

stephaniewicked
07-14-2009, 02:46 PM
bb.com carries it. the sour apple is another one of my favorites and the orange xtend tastes like tang.

Thanks! I love apple, but wasn't sure how something like that would be. I think I'll try *that* one instead as I'm not much of an orange or grape person. :)

Mr. Hyde
07-14-2009, 03:09 PM

Xtend is by far the best supplement ever made!!

Hardly Krishna
07-14-2009, 04:37 PM
im sitting at my desk right now w a scoop licking it slowly lol

no seriously lol

i love it

i use purple waarth tho0ugh

i bought some before this from ON, NASTyyyyyyyyyyyy ew
Wraath is the best tasting BCAA supp ever.

too bad I use Scifit 5000....it doesn't mix AT ALL just reforms back on top of the water....so i'll usually blend it w/ my morning shake and post work out shake.....a banana and some peanut butter and you can't taste a thing.

MashkaNY
07-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks! I love apple, but wasn't sure how something like that would be. I think I'll try *that* one instead as I'm not much of an orange or grape person. :)
i hate grape flavored stuff too, but hope you get a sample of the purple warth stuf, its really crazy good hehe

now i wanna try the xtend flavors bc of this thread

MashkaNY
07-24-2009, 03:21 PM
so thanks to this thread i ordered some Xtend ,

i got apple, blue rasp. and orange

i opened the apple so far

it has that nutty bcaa smell like ON Bcaa's do... but if you taste the powder you cant taste the nuttyness ... so tastes really really good!!

Melissa
07-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Chain'd Out is expensive but it's definitely worth the splurge. I only use it during prep, though, for that exact reason.

sbfigure
07-27-2009, 10:21 AM
i use Xtend too... the stuff tastes sooooooo good and its really cheap. I have tried grape (tastes just like grape kool-aid) and i have also tried the watermelon (tastes just like a watermelon jolly rancher)

Shawn Bellon
07-27-2009, 10:26 AM
I take LG Sciences BCAA+EAA. Just spoon the powder in and swig some water. :)

I will take it 3 times a day.

figurebre
07-27-2009, 01:25 PM
do u guys not feel u get enough bcaas through whole foods and shakes? jw

Shawn Bellon
07-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Not so much that is its what I need in the most broekn down form to retain and rebuild muscle.

Zetawill
07-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Open tub of chain'd out.
scoop into bottle.
add water.
drink.
Best tasting BCAA

Man from TX second's the motion!

MashkaNY
07-27-2009, 04:40 PM
do u guys not feel u get enough bcaas through whole foods and shakes? jw
i only use it when i diet for a show

babybull
07-28-2009, 02:37 PM
I use a ton of bcaa's and its XTEND all the way! I personally drink 2-4 scoops per day in a gallon of water (for taste), because the stuff tastes so amazing and the extra aminos cant hurt im guessing!

Than I have 2 scoops with my pre workout supplement, 2-3 scoops while training in .5 gallon of water, and 2 scoops PWO with my waxy maize.

Ive tried every flavor...right now Im on an orange kick...Id have to say I like them in the following order.

#1- WATERMELON
#2- ORANGE
#3- APPLE
#4- BLUE RASBERRY
#5- LEMONADE
#6- GRAPE

And even grape tastes great! none of them have ever let me down and if nothing else it helps me get down the 2 gallons of water per day that I shoot for!

MashkaNY
07-28-2009, 04:08 PM
i think i was very hungry when i wrote about xtend

that bcaa smell is kind of gross

purple waarth doesnt have it at all

(then again tis like 20 bucks more for a tub :( )

MashkaNY
07-29-2009, 04:14 PM
ok so today i tried the blue raspberry flavor Xtend, unlike the apple one, it doesnt have that BCAA smell!

its really good! Im eating it from the scoop now :)

stephaniewicked
08-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Chain'd Out is expensive but it's definitely worth the splurge. I only use it during prep, though, for that exact reason.

I finally got to try some and it was delicious!! Green apple = mmm!! I'm going to suck it up and finish my ON stuff first (since it's a sin to let any supplements go to waste!) before I buy something else.

Live and learn...

crashcrew56
08-03-2009, 12:30 AM
I used to have the same problem with a glutamine that I used to take, I couldn't hand mixing it with anything. So I would just through the powder in my mouth and chase down with whatever beverage I had around

DCHMUSCLE88
08-03-2009, 01:13 AM
ya the scooping in your mouth trick is very good, works with just about anything haha

DAVIDHARDY
08-18-2009, 12:59 PM
I finally got to try some and it was delicious!! Green apple = mmm!! I'm going to suck it up and finish my ON stuff first (since it's a sin to let any supplements go to waste!) before I buy something else.

Live and learn...

I bought some BCAA's from trueprotein and they tasted aweful alone. I tried juice, but it was still disgusting. I like using the Wal-Mart brand crystal light stuff. Peach tea and cherry limeade are my favorites. I put one of them in a 20 ounce bottle of water with 10 grams of BCAA's and I can't taste the BCAA's at all. Give it a shot and see what you think.