PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesner vs Fedor Emelianenko

-Z-
07-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:06 am EDT yahoo.com
Is Brock beatable? Four who have a shot (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Is-Brock-beatable-Four-who-have-a-shot?urn=mma,176151)

By Maggie Hendricks

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_mma_experts__10/ept_sports_mma_experts-811751332-1247487361.jpg?ymCmLkBD5o5Geg0DAfter Saturday's dismantling of Frank Mir at UFC 100, Brock Lesnar seems pretty comfortable at the top of the UFC heavyweight division. Though his career in the UFC has been short, he has beaten two champions, Randy Couture and Mir, in a convincing manner. His size and strength will be a tough obstacle to overcome, but not impossible. Who can do it?

Fedor Emelianenko: If there is anyone who can take out Lesnar, it's the Russian fighter Emelianenko (pictured). He is at the top of the Yahoo! Sports pound-for-pound rankings for good reason. With a 30-1 record, he has beaten fighters of every size, including the 7'2" Hong Man Choi and 6'8" former UFC champion Tim Sylvia. In January, he knocked out another former UFC champion, Andrei Arlovski, in the first round. In fact, he hasn't had a fight get past the first round since a win over Mark Coleman in 2006, which lasted until the second round.
Emelianenko's biggest obstacle in beating Lesnar isn't in the cage, it's actually getting him in the cage. He is signed with rival promotion Affliction for a fight with Josh Barnett in August. Fans have wanted Fedor in the UFC for years, but contract negotiations have gone nowhere between the groups. After the fights on Saturday, Dana White said that Emelianenko will be in the UFC.

"This Fedor thing has gone on and on and on," White said in the post-UFC 100 press conference. "Eventually, Fedor's going to be here. I want Fedor. I want him to come to the UFC and everything else.

"This guy (Brock Lesnar) just won the heavyweight title, and we'll end up getting that deal done. And then we'll do Brock vs. Fedor, and it'll be a huge fight."
Assuming that the deal gets made, Emelianenko has the best shot of beating Brock Lesnar.

Shane Carwin: How can you mitigate Lesnar's size advantage? By putting him up against someone that's equally as large. That's Carwin -- all 6'3", 262 lbs. of him. His hands are so big that the 4X gloves he wears to fight need to be cut and taped to fit his hands. He can take punishment and still win, as he had a broken nose when he knocked out Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 96. Carwin is also motivated to beat Lesnar, who Carwin thought was incredibly disrespectful after his win on Saturday.

The fans are why we do this, Brock, this sport is not about fat paychecks and drama. It is about hard work and sacrifice for a shot to do what you did last night. It doesn't matter how much money you make if you can't earn your peers' respect and the respect and love of the greatest sporting fans in the world. Every autograph I give, every hand I shake I am thankful that you give me the opportunity to be a part of your world. This is the greatest sport int he world and most of the athletes in it deserve the love and respect they get and some just dont get it. From leaving the venue all the way to the Airport I have had fans of the sport ask me to take out Brock Lesnar for them.
The biggest knock against Carwin is that he is untested, but he is 11-0. He has much more experience than Lesnar. Carwin is slated to face Cain Velasquez, another exciting up-and-coming heavyweight, at UFC 104 in October. If he makes it through that fight, it wouldn't be surprising to see a matchup between Lesnar and Carwin.

Alistair Overeem: If someone of a similar size won't vex Brock, speed will. A fighter who is a champion kickboxer, can cut angles and move quickly? That might the perfect foil to Brock's wrestling and power. That fighter exists in Dutch kickboxer Alistair Overeem.
Overeem faces two problems in overcoming Lesnar. One, he is the Strikeforce heavyweight champion, is fighting for them on August 15, and contractually obligated to Strikeforce. Two, he needs to stay on his feet to be able to use high kicks, but as Lesnar showed on Saturday, his takedown is quite effective.
Bobby Lashley: Like Lesnar, Lashley is a fellow WWE veteran and collegiate wrestler. Unlike Lesnar, Lashley is taking the long and winding road to the UFC. He also has four wins, but his competition hasn't been nearly as difficult as Lesnar's. Lashley's biggest advantage is that he and Lesnar are the same size, and both have a strong wrestling background. With those two factors equal, the fight has the potential of being an all-out slugfest.
The problem with this fight is that Lashley doesn't want to fight in the UFC until he is ready to be a champion.

"When I go over there I want to be a top, top level guy," Lashley said. "I want talks of me fighting the champ when I get over there. I want them to say this guy's really good."
Lashley still has a while to go and much to learn before he can walk in and get a title shot. He will need to get a few more fights under his belt before we can see if he is truly ready for the champ.

-Z-
07-13-2009, 06:43 PM
I think Fedor will destroy him.

chitownmscle
07-13-2009, 07:00 PM
It will be interesting, I hope Fedor knocks Brock out so everyone can shut up about Brocks power. The man does not have an ounce of MMA skill in him. Once I see him able to do more then lay on top of someone and pound him then I will be impressed, until then I see him as just a publicity stunt for the UFC to bring in the legions of wrestling fans from the WWE

-Z-
07-13-2009, 07:10 PM
It will be interesting, I hope Fedor knocks Brock out so everyone can shut up about Brocks power. The man does not have an ounce of MMA skill in him. Once I see him able to do more then lay on top of someone and pound him then I will be impressed, until then I see him as just a publicity stunt for the UFC to bring in the legions of wrestling fans from the WWE

Hahahaha...No skill, I highly doubt that. He is very skilled, a little green, but skilled. Yet I stick by my statement and believe Fedor will destroy him.

chitownmscle
07-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Hahahaha...No skill, I highly doubt that. He is very skilled, a little green, but skilled. Yet I stick by my statement and believe Fedor will destroy him.

To me in every fight I have watched he has shown that he will take you down ala wrestling then lay on top of you ala I'm a big heavy ass man whom you are not going to be able to move, and I'm going to pound you.

He has shown that he can avoid some submissions by people who are limited with submissions. He has only had 5 fights yet is the heavyweight title holder, as someone who has followed the sport for many year ( we going back to the days before the UFC existed) I find it difficult that he truly paid his dues to get a title shot as he did.

sorel_c
07-13-2009, 07:32 PM
So many people hate on the guy, but his record says it all. You dont just win by being big. Look at Bob sapp. Lesner is a good fighter and learning fast

Mirko Cro Cop
07-13-2009, 07:37 PM
So many people hate on the guy, but his record says it all. You dont just win by being big. Look at Bob sapp. Lesner is a good fighter and learning fast

Since when has 4-1 been considered a good record???

30-1 is what I call a good record.

chitownmscle
07-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Bob Sapp does not have the wrestling background that Lesnar has and I have seen Sapp actually try to pull off some submission moves.

Don't want to sound like I'm hating on Brock just that all this love that people are giving him for being a great "fighter" I think is undeserved.

I think Lesnar can be one of the greatest fighters of all time if he puts in the work to actually learn some BJJ, Judo, and other martial arts. Could you imagine him trying to throw a kimora on someone. He might snap the guys arm off. Alas I am forced to watch him lay on top of people and "methodically" as Kenny Florian put it, take his shots.

bringingthehuge
07-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Fedor would out class Lesner.

sorel_c
07-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Since when has 4-1 been considered a good record???

30-1 is what I call a good record.

Lets see....since the guy just started ,and has beat some expirenced dudes.

sorel_c
07-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Bob Sapp does not have the wrestling background that Lesnar has and I have seen Sapp actually try to pull off some submission moves.

Don't want to sound like I'm hating on Brock just that all this love that people are giving him for being a great "fighter" I think is undeserved.

I think Lesnar can be one of the greatest fighters of all time if he puts in the work to actually learn some BJJ, Judo, and other martial arts. Could you imagine him trying to throw a kimora on someone. He might snap the guys arm off. Alas I am forced to watch him lay on top of people and "methodically" as Kenny Florian put it, take his shots.

Last i check'd it was called winning. Dind't know you couldt use what you got to your advantage, to win!:confused:

Plates
07-14-2009, 09:10 AM
It would take about 3 minutes for Fedor to completely destroy Brock. IF THAT!

flipper
07-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Who has Fedor fought?

maxititer
07-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Fedore will win by KO in first round

enrage
07-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Who has Fedor fought?

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Fedor-Emelianenko-1500

maxititer
07-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Who has Fedor fought?

http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/11/95/78/30/untitl10.jpg

Plates
07-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Who has Fedor fought?

LOL @ you!

-Z-
07-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Who has Fedor fought?

More quality fighters than Brock.

chitownmscle
07-15-2009, 05:25 PM
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/11/95/78/30/untitl10.jpg

That pretty much sums it up. Fedor is a beast, Brock can be, my whole point about Brock is that I do not see him ever having a win by submission and if you look at Fedor damn near every fight is a submission in the first round

chitownmscle
07-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Last i check'd it was called winning. Dind't know you couldt use what you got to your advantage, to win!:confused:

Didn't say you couldn't use what you got to win, but this is suppose to be MMA right, last I checked that stood for Mixed Martial Arts. To me that means you should be able to use more then one method to win. Everyone keeps saying that he is a great MMA fighter but all I've seen him do is lay on top of people and pound them.

Let's say I take away his ability to lay on top of people and put him in a boxing ring with a top heavyweight ala Lennox Lewis in his prime, or not even his prime. Does he have the power to stand up to a top heavyweight boxer, yes, does he have the skill to win the fight, I don't know.

dublin-lifter
07-15-2009, 05:54 PM
YouTube - Fedor Emelianenko Highlights

i think this sums it up

sorel_c
07-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Didn't say you couldn't use what you got to win, but this is suppose to be MMA right, last I checked that stood for Mixed Martial Arts. To me that means you should be able to use more then one method to win. Everyone keeps saying that he is a great MMA fighter but all I've seen him do is lay on top of people and pound them.

Let's say I take away his ability to lay on top of people and put him in a boxing ring with a top heavyweight ala Lennox Lewis in his prime, or not even his prime. Does he have the power to stand up to a top heavyweight boxer, yes, does he have the skill to win the fight, I don't know.

well seeing as boxing and MMA dont seem to be the same:confused:, i would say lewis would win, but at the same time you think mir would have any frikickin chance against lewis..... come on man, bad example!!!

chitownmscle
07-15-2009, 08:20 PM
well seeing as boxing and MMA dont seem to be the same:confused:, i would say lewis would win, but at the same time you think mir would have any frikickin chance against lewis..... come on man, bad example!!!

No sir, my point is that Frank Mir claims to be a MMA fighter, everyone also seems to think that Brock is a MMA fighter, Frank Mir can actually use Mixed Martial Arts where as I have repeatedly said that Brock has no other ability other then to lay on top of someone and pound him repeatedly. If he has other skills he has yet to display them

Brock as well as his legions of fans keep saying he is the best MMA heavyweight Champion of all time to which I say he is not a MMA fighter. He happens to be the biggest strongest guy in a sport that allows him to lay on top of people to win.

Mir conversley as well as Fedor and Noguirea are true heavyweight MMA fighters because they have shown not only the ability to strike but to be able to throw an opponent into submission.

If we go get someone that is as big as Brock such as Lashley. I guarantee you that Brock will not be able to just lay on top of him and pound him because Lashley, while not a very skilled MMA fighter yet either, is just as big and as powerful as Brock.

bionic redneck
07-15-2009, 08:42 PM
we shall see.. i mean it isnt like he just trains to do that every fight... gimme a break...he watches tape and studies his opponants and then trains to exploit there weeknesses... and even fedor has weaknesses...no one is invincible

chitownmscle
07-15-2009, 08:56 PM
we shall see.. i mean it isnt like he just trains to do that every fight... gimme a break...he watches tape and studies his opponants and then trains to exploit there weeknesses... and even fedor has weaknesses...no one is invincible

I hope he does improve on any BJJ or any other martial art skill that he has, if Brock does it is going to be scary. Training to do the same thing every fight though? I've seen all 5 of Brock's fights and have only seen the same thing each time.

Yes Fedor does have weaknesses too, but I think that Fedor, Carwin, Mir, Lashley and others can put up a fight for Brock. I think everyone forgets that Brock lost to Mir the first time and still only has fought 5 pro fights. So now that is suppose to put him in legendary status with guys like Fedor and Couture?

maxititer
07-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Does no matter whom he fights, Brock is no going to be long on top and he understands it himself. From what we have seen with Wandy, Dana will squeeze what ever marketing only will be only possible from Brock. For Dana does no matter if Brock winning or loosing, what is matter is money.
Brock have been in this biz long enough and I hope he will not go down the same way as Wandy did, that was total embarrassment when he said after last fight - I fight for my fans.

sorel_c
07-16-2009, 08:06 PM
No sir, my point is that Frank Mir claims to be a MMA fighter, everyone also seems to think that Brock is a MMA fighter, Frank Mir can actually use Mixed Martial Arts where as I have repeatedly said that Brock has no other ability other then to lay on top of someone and pound him repeatedly. If he has other skills he has yet to display them

Brock as well as his legions of fans keep saying he is the best MMA heavyweight Champion of all time to which I say he is not a MMA fighter. He happens to be the biggest strongest guy in a sport that allows him to lay on top of people to win.

Mir conversley as well as Fedor and Noguirea are true heavyweight MMA fighters because they have shown not only the ability to strike but to be able to throw an opponent into submission.

If we go get someone that is as big as Brock such as Lashley. I guarantee you that Brock will not be able to just lay on top of him and pound him because Lashley, while not a very skilled MMA fighter yet either, is just as big and as powerful as Brock.

LAst post on this dumb topic. Dont you think if brock was simply just big and strong nothing else, a guy like Mir who does know MMA in and out would take such a simple plan (such as laying on top and ponding), and defeat him???? dude the guy has skills, plan and simple. he uses what he needs to to win a fight

Mr. Shoulders
07-17-2009, 12:15 AM
LAst post on this dumb topic. Dont you think if brock was simply just big and strong nothing else, a guy like Mir who does know MMA in and out would take such a simple plan (such as laying on top and ponding), and defeat him???? dude the guy has skills, plan and simple. he uses what he needs to to win a fight
Ridiculous...Brock Lesner is an idiot big dumb-ass who has no MMA skills...I would like to beat him with a 2x4 upside his uncouth head

maxititer
07-17-2009, 02:37 AM
what does it means skills?

For example it is easy to say that Fedor does not have boxing skills, Orlovsky in opposite was training with best boxing coach in US and was KO- ted in first round.

In my school days I have few friends, they do not have f--ng skills but, all You need is to see it what real fighter means. We have street fights like 100 on 100 and when such guy moving ahead there is a clean space around him. you can have a skills and never ever much such guy, that is a bread what is matter. And Brok of right fighting bread dog.

It is same as in knife fight, if you know how to make perfect cuts and stubs and that will not make you a knife fighter. There is many different factors in play, discipline, moral, life style, life values and principles.

Why Machida wining with his karate, because karate teach not only how to punch, but how to develop character and how to stick to your principles no matter what.

heavies
07-17-2009, 05:33 PM
side note........ Matt Lindland had Fedor in the BoDog fight, he was beating the shit outta him, then he screwed up and caught in a arm bar..... I think this poll is relative because we really have no idea if Lesnar can take a punch....

Canuck_Muscle
07-18-2009, 04:27 AM
Fedor is incredible. He has one of the hardest punches around. He could go blow for blow with Lesner for sure.

heavies
07-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Fedor is incredible. He has one of the hardest punches around. He could go blow for blow with Lesner for sure.

there is no doubt about that....... I think we need to see Lesnar get rocked and how he responds, if he can take a punch, then.........

enrage
07-21-2009, 10:04 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZPurAmZrIU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZPurAmZrIU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Plates
07-21-2009, 12:11 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dublin-lifter
07-21-2009, 01:17 PM
funny shit

Mr Incredible
07-21-2009, 01:21 PM
bit of a silly post in thay we havent really seen much of Brock to ask questions like this, how old was randy when if fought him, and he struggled there, especially with the stand up, to say he outreached and outpowered his oppnent, Mir too the full nine yards pounding once then subitted him, their next fight he fucked up technically, who else, Crazy Horse has been beaten by everyone.

Barnet would get Lesner, Cro Cop probably would, Fedor - I'm sorry but this is just a silly question, Brock would have a punchers chance same as Tank Abbot or kimbo against Fedor no more.

chitownmscle
07-22-2009, 10:41 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZPurAmZrIU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZPurAmZrIU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dude, that is some funny ish, I can see Dana actingi just like that for negotiations with Fedor

s2h
07-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Dont count out "the natural" Couture may just comeback and be the one that beat him!!!!

Mr X
07-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Dont count out "the natural" Couture may just comeback and be the one that beat him!!!!

Yeh good luck with that.

Plates
07-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Umm....negative.

chitownmscle
07-24-2009, 07:02 PM

Probably not, as great a fighter as he is/was I don't think he is beating Brock. If he really wants to compete he should stick with the LighHeavies,

-Z-
07-25-2009, 09:44 AM

Just stop at the 17 posts you have, ignorance is bliss.

irishpride
07-26-2009, 05:57 PM
To me in every fight I have watched he has shown that he will take you down ala wrestling then lay on top of you ala I'm a big heavy ass man whom you are not going to be able to move, and I'm going to pound you.

He has shown that he can avoid some submissions by people who are limited with submissions. He has only had 5 fights yet is the heavyweight title holder, as someone who has followed the sport for many year ( we going back to the days before the UFC existed) I find it difficult that he truly paid his dues to get a title shot as he did.
yeah but the old saying is "if it aint broke,dont try aind fix it" as a fighter myself i can tell you that if you develop a formula that works for you and is as effective as brocks throw you around then lay on you and smash your face in, then why change it? he doesnt need to try and submit when he can easily just lay there and hit you at will in the face..i am sure he does have a decent submission game but he is green as stated and hasnt been put in a postion where he needs to use his subs..i think he can be a very good fighter with the right trainers and experience..though like previously stated fedor would dismantle him.fast.

th_vai
07-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Fedor in my opinion would kick the shit out of Lesnar, I hope it happens soon, tho Dana White is scum, i hope they can get Fedor to UFC

chitownmscle
07-26-2009, 09:14 PM
yeah but the old saying is "if it aint broke,dont try aind fix it" as a fighter myself i can tell you that if you develop a formula that works for you and is as effective as brocks throw you around then lay on you and smash your face in, then why change it? he doesnt need to try and submit when he can easily just lay there and hit you at will in the face..i am sure he does have a decent submission game but he is green as stated and hasnt been put in a postion where he needs to use his subs..i think he can be a very good fighter with the right trainers and experience..though like previously stated fedor would dismantle him.fast.

I got no problem with a guy going to his bread and butter if the time calls, my problem with Brock is that he and his legions of fans claim him to be a MMA fighter. Mixed Martial Arts. As someone who has been doing MMA for quite some time myself I find it insulting that he claims to be the best MMA fighter in the world. If he called himself the best ground and pound fighter in the world I wouldn't have a problem with it, or rather if all of his fans called it like it really is, a ground and pound game and that's it, I would have no problem. He hasn't shown any stand up that I can think of, he doesn't show any submission skills at all at this point. He is very green as stated previously but for him to act like he is the greatest MMA because he beat Couture and Mir in a division that is average at best is insulting to any MMA fighter out there.

chitownmscle
07-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Fedor in my opinion would kick the shit out of Lesnar, I hope it happens soon, tho Dana White is scum, i hope they can get Fedor to UFC

Never fear, Fedor will be in the UFC soon. All the other league are drying up fast on cash and pretty soon Fedor will have no choice but to fight in the UFC if he chooses to continue his career.

And yes Fedor will crush Brock unless Brock gets on top of Fedor lays on him like he has to every other opponent

irishpride
07-26-2009, 09:38 PM
I got no problem with a guy going to his bread and butter if the time calls, my problem with Brock is that he and his legions of fans claim him to be a MMA fighter. Mixed Martial Arts. As someone who has been doing MMA for quite some time myself I find it insulting that he claims to be the best MMA fighter in the world. If he called himself the best ground and pound fighter in the world I wouldn't have a problem with it, or rather if all of his fans called it like it really is, a ground and pound game and that's it, I would have no problem. He hasn't shown any stand up that I can think of, he doesn't show any submission skills at all at this point. He is very green as stated previously but for him to act like he is the greatest MMA because he beat Couture and Mir in a division that is average at best is insulting to any MMA fighter out there.
ahh i see what your saying now and i whole heartly agree..he isnt well rounded enough to be able to say he is the greatest MMA fighter in the world and hasnt been through nearly enough trials and triblulations to say that...ground and pounder through and through but complete MMA fighter far from it

irishpride
07-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Never fear, Fedor will be in the UFC soon. All the other league are drying up fast on cash and pretty soon Fedor will have no choice but to fight in the UFC if he chooses to continue his career.

And yes Fedor will crush Brock unless Brock gets on top of Fedor lays on him like he has to every other opponent
again i totally agree.its just a matter of time before fedor makes his debute in the UFC..he would easily take out lesner.i even feel that if lesner does get him down and lays on top of him fedor would but some type of sub on him and end it from his back..

chitownmscle
07-26-2009, 09:53 PM
again i totally agree.its just a matter of time before fedor makes his debute in the UFC..he would easily take out lesner.i even feel that if lesner does get him down and lays on top of him fedor would but some type of sub on him and end it from his back..

Agreed, even though it might sound foolish at this point I still think a guy like Mir can take and sub Brock. Everyone acts like Brock is 2-0 vs Mir. Reality is that they are tied up and round three is going to be great if Dana allows it

-Z-
07-26-2009, 10:10 PM
It's simple, Fedor is too experienced and versitile for Brock at this point.

-Z-
07-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Sunday, July 26, 2009
by Brian Knapp, sherdog.com

The cancellation of Affliction “Trilogy” and resulting collapse of Affliction Entertainment as a mixed martial arts promotion, leaves the UFC with perhaps its best chance to date to land former Pride Fighting Championships heavyweight titleholder Fedor Emelianenko.

Still, Vadim Finkelchtein, Emelianenko’s manager and M-1 Global president, clings to the idea that the Russian’s involvement with the UFC will only come through co-promotional efforts.

“This is the moment of truth that the UFC has talked about,” Finkelchtein said in a statement on the M-1 Global Web site. “Fedor and I are here in the states. If they want to come out and fly here, we are ready to conduct negotiations. Of course, it still doesn’t imply we are ready to accept any conditions they’ll throw at us. We want to talk to the UFC about having Fedor compete against some of their fighters, but only within the framework of co-promotional efforts with M-1 Global.”

Unbeaten in his past 27 fights, Emelianenko (30-1, 1 NC) flattened former UFC champions Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia in his most recent outings in the ring. The 32-year-old Russian knocked out Arlovski with one punch 3:14 into their match at Affliction “Day of Reckoning,” as he posted his 10th consecutive victory since a no contest in 2004.

Hard to handle on his feet and on the ground, Emelianenko has finished his last five opponents inside one round and holds victories against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, 2006 Pride Open Weight Grand Prix winner Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic and former UFC heavyweight champions Mark Coleman and Kevin Randleman. He has delivered 23 of his 30 career wins by knockout, technical knockout or submission.

Emelianenko was booked to face Josh Barnett in the Affliction “Trilogy” main event on Aug. 1 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. However, the bout fell through when Barnett tested positive for a banned anabolic agent, causing the entire event to collapse. What move Emelianenko, the world’s top heavyweight, makes from here remains to be seen.

“We are now with Fedor in the US, and we hope to make a decision about his next fight within the next few days,” Finkelchtein said. “There are many business meetings and negotiations planned with all the major promotions.”

-Z-
07-26-2009, 10:19 PM
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lesnarvsfedor.jpg

chitownmscle
07-26-2009, 10:28 PM
I really wouldn't be bragging about the Silvia and Arlovski victories. Not to agree with Dana but Silvia was never that impressive and Arlovski was known to have a weak jaw anyway.

Fedor is still trying to hold out by using M-1 right now but I think it is all but over with and Fedor is going to be the next big thing in the UFC. Only question is will Dana give him a title shot right off the bat?

-Z-
07-26-2009, 10:30 PM
I really wouldn't be bragging about the Silvia and Arlovski victories. Not to agree with Dana but Silvia was never that impressive and Arlovski was known to have a weak jaw anyway.

Fedor is still trying to hold out by using M-1 right now but I think it is all but over with and Fedor is going to be the next big thing in the UFC. Only question is will Dana give him a title shot right off the bat?

I don't think he'll have a choice.

chitownmscle
07-26-2009, 10:38 PM
I don't think he'll have a choice.

Dana holds all the cards now. UFC is the only place where a fighter can get paid. That being said Dana is a smart businessman and knows that Fedor vs. Brock will be the biggest draw in MMA. If Dana wants to get back at Fedor's manager then he will make him have at least one fight before giving him a title shot. Stupid yes, but this is Dana we talking here.

irishpride
07-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Agreed, even though it might sound foolish at this point I still think a guy like Mir can take and sub Brock. Everyone acts like Brock is 2-0 vs Mir. Reality is that they are tied up and round three is going to be great if Dana allows it
i think if mir was more aggressive with his hands and took brock farther into the championship rounds i def believe he would take lesner and sub him..lesner is very explosive and he uses a good deal of energy moving his big ass around so i think mir could have won had it not been for being taken down and smashed..i too wonder if dana will have a third fight.i think they should but mir isnt the draw some of the others are (money wise) but i would def watch it.

irishpride
07-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Dana holds all the cards now. UFC is the only place where a fighter can get paid. That being said Dana is a smart businessman and knows that Fedor vs. Brock will be the biggest draw in MMA. If Dana wants to get back at Fedor's manager then he will make him have at least one fight before giving him a title shot. Stupid yes, but this is Dana we talking here.
i think dana would have fedor fight before he went straight for the title..its kinda what dana does and i think hewould do it to A get back at fedors manager and B to make it look like fedor "earned" it..

irishpride
07-26-2009, 10:49 PM
and for the record fedors victories over sylia and the pittbull werent overly impressive..not because fedor didnt put on a show and do waht he does best because in comparison they arent any where near his level and cant really give him a good run..i mean look at fedors opponents in the past who were top echilon guys compared to some of the hams those other two fought.

chitownmscle
07-26-2009, 10:51 PM
i think if mir was more aggressive with his hands and took brock farther into the championship rounds i def believe he would take lesner and sub him..lesner is very explosive and he uses a good deal of energy moving his big ass around so i think mir could have won had it not been for being taken down and smashed..i too wonder if dana will have a third fight.i think they should but mir isnt the draw some of the others are (money wise) but i would def watch it.

This is true, Dana wants to make the UFC a household name and as mainstream as he can. To do that he needs to market his big names. Right now there is no bigger name then Brock Lesnar in the UFC for the simple fact of his WWE days. Dana sees this as an opportuninty to try and take the UFC to the next level. The UFC and MMA though will never be mainstream until you get one of the giant sports clothing companies behind it like Nike, Adidas, or Reebok.

Saying all this though does not equate to having the best fighters out there. Fedor while a much more accomplished and better MMA fighter then Brock probably will not get the same kind of payday as Brock due to the fact that Dana can sell more tickets with Brock's name vs Fedor name

Sensei
07-27-2009, 12:23 AM
We can only hope this fight happens, fedor has the technique to beat brocks stregnth

Lucas
07-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Fedor will kill him, as he as killed every other fighter..plus Fedor has great subs with the strength of a heavyweight, Lesnar is notablely weak on subs (versus Mir in first fight)

Sensei
07-29-2009, 12:48 AM
Fedor has the best chance, I wanna see brocks chin tested. Brock would probly go for the takedown early though, I just wanna see this fight happen bad.....

enrage
07-29-2009, 09:40 AM
Fedor is great at sambo and i think Brock will have problems with that since he's barely used to bjj.

timmytimm3
07-31-2009, 08:20 AM
Fedor is great at sambo and i think Brock will have problems with that since he's barely used to bjj.

Yeah Frank was tooling him on the ground at UFC 100...

Fedor is definately in a league of his own though. This fight could go either way, and I'd never bet on it.

aznlifter
07-31-2009, 11:45 PM
Fedor has never been beaten, the only loss he has should have been a no contest

Ironguru
08-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Brock is a good champion and seems to be keep improving everytime but Fedor is just one badass fighter. The way Fedor hits, reacts and moves in his fights is just completely different. It's almost as if the guy is fighting for his life! If the fight does happen eventually, it will be a good one but I think Fedor will just demolish Lesnar, which is saying a lot because I like Lesnar a lot. Lesnar has no answers for Fedor's striking skills, which he lacks of and that would be the difference maker. Also, Fedor is great on the ground as well, which is a very dangerous combination.

x100696
08-11-2009, 06:34 PM
anybody who doesn't give brock his props is a hater. Who cares if doesn't use bjj? as long as he's beating the crap out of people you have to give him his due. He has stopped fights by ground and pound and knockout. Who cares if he didn't pay his dues? He has beaten Randy, Frank, and Heath Herring convincingly. If he was losing, people would have an argument. He's a 3x Division 1 all-american wrestler. I believe he has skills.

-Z-
08-11-2009, 06:55 PM
anybody who doesn't give brock his props is a hater. Who cares if doesn't use bjj? as long as he's beating the crap out of people you have to give him his due. He has stopped fights by ground and pound and knockout. Who cares if he didn't pay his dues? He has beaten Randy, Frank, and Heath Herring convincingly. If he was losing, people would have an argument. He's a 3x Division 1 all-american wrestler. I believe he has skills.

That makes no sense.

chitownmscle
08-12-2009, 05:18 PM
That makes no sense.

I second that. Obviously does not watch MMA at all.