PDA

View Full Version : Recent Lab Results

Newbie2009
07-13-2009, 10:21 PM
I got my labs back today. Wondering if the test/deca would be causing the elevated SGPT (ALT), high URN total protein and Microalbumin?
I was drinking too much the last few months entertaining clients. So that could help also.
JUst wondering if these levels are super high or if liver support supplements and stoping the alcohol will help.
URN Specific Gravity- 1.047
URN Total Protein- 17.0
URN Microalbumin- 4.0
Uric Acid- 3.9
SGPT (ALT)- 79
SGOT (AST)- 39

Dr. Joel Nathan
07-17-2009, 05:49 PM
I got my labs back today. Wondering if the test/deca would be causing the elevated SGPT (ALT), high URN total protein and Microalbumin?
I was drinking too much the last few months entertaining clients. So that could help also.
JUst wondering if these levels are super high or if liver support supplements and stoping the alcohol will help.
URN Specific Gravity- 1.047
URN Total Protein- 17.0
URN Microalbumin- 4.0
Uric Acid- 3.9
SGPT (ALT)- 79
SGOT (AST)- 39
Your ALT/AST pattern is not compatible with heavy alcohol intake. As far as protein being in the urine, this is not normal. I would have your doc repeat it and get a midstream catch. Alcohol will also increase uric acid concentration in blood.

To drink heavily and take meds (like testosterone) that are metabolized in the liver over taxes the liver. What does drink heavily mean? Probably no more than the equivalent of 2 beers, 2x 6 oz wine or 2 shots of liquor/day.

The above answer is for educational purposes only. Please check with your health care practitioner what is best for you.