PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heyman on Brock Lesnar

~gymdiva~
07-14-2009, 12:28 AM
if you didn't follow WWE back when Brock was there then you don't know who Paul is...in a nutshell, Heyman was Brock's manager...he worked closely with the man during his time in WWE...here's some highlights and the link to the full blog post he made about him after his UFC fight this weekend:

FULL HEYMAN BLOG (http://heymanhustle.craveonline.com/blogs/21038-paul-heyman-brock-lesnar-the-ultimate-heel-for-ufc)

"We want them to engage in what can be near-mortal combat, and to either curl up their hands, and swing at a human being's head with malicious force in the desire to knock the other competitor into unconsciousness; or to physically manipulate the opponent's body in such a degree that either pain or fear of permanent injury causes a paid athlete to "tap out," aka "to quit," aka "to forfeit the right to continue competing in this particular contest."

And then we want them to shake hands, be nice, and say all the politically correct things like "I respect my opponent," and "it was a privilege to fight an athlete of his caliber."

WTF?"

"Brock Lesnar is a professional fighter, and he is quite comfortable accepting the risks associated with his choice of vocation. He's even more comfortable protecting himself from those risks, and doing damage to the opponent before the opponent does damage to him. As a matter of fact, Brock enjoys doing damage. He likes to hurt living creatures."

"Brock Lesnar is not Mike Tyson. He's not out at night, looking for trouble, trying to quench an insatiable need for the adrenal rush of being "on the brink" at all times.

Nor is Brock Lesnar another version of Muhammad Ali. The former Cassius Clay was a calculating, manipulative media sensation who used the power of the television medium to unravel his opponents (most famously the man he taunted as a"big ugly gorilla" Joe Frazier), all in the frame of smiling, telling jokes, and once reinstated, trying to present himself as flamboyant and colorful, but never dangerous.

Brock Lesnar IS dangerous. Brock Lesnar IS a scary human being. He IS frightening, even to those who know him. But Brock is not going to be a thug. He's not going to go "looking for trouble." Brock has taken his aggression, his competitiveness, and his love for physical dominance and has carefully crafted a multi-million dollar career around it."

Ninja Loco
07-14-2009, 12:38 AM
Typical Heyman. Saying what he isnt saying. But cool none the less.

vboissiere
07-14-2009, 04:48 AM
what does any of the above have to with having some class? While I respect what he does, how he carried himself was class-less.

Plates
07-14-2009, 09:09 AM
I can agree with most of it. However the "carefully crafted" comment I dont. Just look at his actions Saturday night. The way he handled himself on Saturday night was very unprofessional at best. He is a large man, and acts like a goon. Thats how he has developed a career. Who knows, if he handled himself like a true champion, he might be wearing someones gear, or suppliment line, etc. Im pretty sure you will see him wearing the same shit out the next fight.

bionic redneck
07-14-2009, 01:15 PM
who cares.. hes gonna win just like i predicted this time.. but you cant expect someone who is used to WWE to all of a sudden turn it off and cut a complete 180 sheesh... cut him some slack.. he gets better with every fight.. and he and carwin will be a good challange.. so if and when he does face fedor it'll be a match for he ages.. and i highly doubt that itll go less then 3 rounds unless one catches the other.. or it will go to decision.. remember mir is a black belt in BJJ.. fedor is a sambo expert... so is that saying sambo is superior to BJJ.. riddle me that... and dont think brock wont be improving his ground game...he is not a retard and he knows eventually he will have to use submissions..

Mike the Ripper
07-14-2009, 02:10 PM
I can agree with most of it. However the "carefully crafted" comment I dont. Just look at his actions Saturday night. The way he handled himself on Saturday night was very unprofessional at best. He is a large man, and acts like a goon. Thats how he has developed a career. Who knows, if he handled himself like a true champion, he might be wearing someones gear, or suppliment line, etc. Im pretty sure you will see him wearing the same shit out the next fight.

I agree with what your saying, he did act like a goon and disrespected every single professional fighter that handles themselves with pride and dignity. He is sponsored by a very large supplement company in Dymatize. They are promoting him heavily at the moment, I wonder if his antics will have any affect on his contract with them as it stands now or future negotiations.

I'm sure he has run off any reputable sponsorship from further pursuing him as well. As a businessman myself I would have some major reservations as to wether I would want his name attached to my company, champion or not.

Plates
07-14-2009, 02:30 PM
I noticed he had Dymatize logos all over on Saturday. I hope he makes them a lot of money to be honest. Maybe they can make their product taste better. It tasted like crushed asprin to me! Eww..

Im sure he will slowly come around, but he really has to control himself. You sure as hell cant build a career by flipping off the people who put money in your pocket.

~gymdiva~
07-14-2009, 02:34 PM
funny that he threw back to his very last match with WWE where he flipped off the audience...my guess is he's still immature and allowed to get away with anything b/c of his fast success in anything he's tried (minus the Vikings)...he'll grow up some day...usually a reality check of some kind comes into play...

Mike the Ripper
07-14-2009, 02:49 PM
I noticed he had Dymatize logos all over on Saturday. I hope he makes them a lot of money to be honest. Maybe they can make their product taste better. It tasted like crushed asprin to me! Eww..

Im sure he will slowly come around, but he really has to control himself. You sure as hell cant build a career by flipping off the people who put money in your pocket.

Taste better? Really? The Dymatize Elite Gourmet is IMO the absolute best tasting protein on the market, I actually switched to that as my main protein source. Give it another try. I actually have a life size cut out of Brock as part of my Dymatize display and it has definitely been a great conversation piece with my customers since the fights lol. I've yet to hear one positive comment about Brock.

Brock should take a tip from Barry Bonds. An abrasive attitude towards fans and media translates to zero dollars outside of the sport that is actually paying you. Barry never endorsed anything and he is the all-time home run king and it isn't all because of Balco/steroids, it has been like that throughout his career.

Plates
07-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Taste better? Really? The Dymatize Elite Gourmet is IMO the absolute best tasting protein on the market, I actually switched to that as my main protein source. Give it another try. I actually have a life size cut out of Brock as part of my Dymatize display and it has definitely been a great conversation piece with my customers since the fights lol. I've yet to hear one positive comment about Brock.

Brock should take a tip from Barry Bonds. An abrasive attitude towards fans and media translates to zero dollars outside of the sport that is actually paying you. Barry never endorsed anything and he is the all-time home run king and it isn't all because of Balco/steroids, it has been like that throughout his career.

OMG i thought it was terrible! lol. FitRX had it for $30/5lb and I tried it. It was ok for the 1st week, but couldnt handle it after that.

You should take that Brock cut-out and put it in your buddies room in the middle of the night. That would freak someone the fuck out, seeing silhouette of that monster just standing there.

Mike the Ripper
07-14-2009, 03:04 PM
OMG i thought it was terrible! lol. FitRX had it for $30/5lb and I tried it. It was ok for the 1st week, but couldnt handle it after that.

You should take that Brock cut-out and put it in your buddies room in the middle of the night. That would freak someone the fuck out, seeing silhouette of that monster just standing there.

LOL, it's funny you said that. When I first got it I came to my store one night to pick up some mail and when I walked in all I saw was that silhouette and it seriously freaked me out haha.

Plates
07-14-2009, 03:08 PM
hahaa!!! I have one of Dr. Evil. No idea where I got it but it talks when you walk by it. It freaks people out sometimes. Someone will walk by and "NO MINI ME! WE DONT GNAW ON OUR KITTY!" comes screaming out of it. Some of the reactions are priceless.

Mike the Ripper
07-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Gotta love promos.