PDA

View Full Version : Labrada discussed

GearHead-evo
08-18-2015, 09:53 PM
iron brothers, what do you think of Lee Labrada (http://www.evolutionary.org/lee-labrada/)?...hes one of my most favorite bodybuilders with amazing oldschool definition and he seems like an alright bro...does anyone think he should have been a bigger player in bodybuilding and that it was politics that drove him out? or was it? maybe he was never tall or big enough to win?....

http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/mobiquo/smartbanner/ads.php?referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.evolutionary.org% 2Fforums%2Fforum.php&code=27986eefb39b0bf23d63cc665c6983db&board_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.evolutionary.org%2Fforu ms

give us your thoughts brothers....

*Labrada @ 1993 Mr. O

LevButlerov
08-19-2015, 12:50 AM
Have already read that article there. I am frequent visitor on Evo, since they upload some really nice and interesting articles there.

EVO rep
08-19-2015, 01:44 AM
good article. i feel lee was deff underated, espeically for his era

hammersnark
08-19-2015, 07:57 AM
yeah he is a horse for sure. always been a fan

Puma
08-19-2015, 08:21 AM
Agreed that there might have been some politics involved that drove him out. They seemed to be placing him lower towards the end of his career and seem to be grasping at straws with physique criticisms like "not enough separation between his biceps and triceps". That said, I would have had a hard time putting him ahead of Wheeler or Yates even with the favorable photo above.

BigZero
08-19-2015, 08:26 AM
good article. i feel lee was deff underated, espeically for his era

How was Lee underrated? He was top 4 at 7 Olympias and had 9 Pro show wins. His problem was that he maxed-out his small frame and/or wasn't willing to push the envelope to get freaky. Lee wouldn't sacrifice the class for the mass.

MikeSnow
08-19-2015, 04:54 PM
Good read, I miss that type of physique and bodybuilding

muskate
08-19-2015, 09:16 PM
Here is the link to the article: http://www.evolutionary.org/lee-labrada/

I am a big old school bodybuilding fan. I wish that combination of aesthetics and conditioning was still prominent in today's current bodybuilding.

Lee Labrada and Rich Gaspari are two of my favourite physiques and both are extremely smart and successful business men. Truly the whole package when you think about it.

GearHead-evo
08-20-2015, 03:22 AM
How was Lee underrated? He was top 4 at 7 Olympias and had 9 Pro show wins. His problem was that he maxed-out his small frame and/or wasn't willing to push the envelope to get freaky. Lee wouldn't sacrifice the class for the mass.

brother I think cane is saying Labrada could be top 2-3 but politics got in the way....

BigZero
08-20-2015, 08:53 AM
brother I think cane is saying Labrada could be top 2-3 but politics got in the way....

'87 Olympia 3rd place
'89 Olympia 2nd place
'90 Olympia 2nd place
'92 Olympia 3rd place

Can we all please do a little homework before posting...please?:dunno:

GearHead-evo
08-21-2015, 12:01 AM
'87 Olympia 3rd place
'89 Olympia 2nd place
'90 Olympia 2nd place
'92 Olympia 3rd place

Can we all please do a little homework before posting...please?:dunno:

bro we are misunderstanding each other here...I meant the 1993 Lee Labrada could have been #2 or 3 but he was not given the chance...he was better then both Shawn Ray (great guy btw) and Flex Wheeler that day...

Curt James
08-21-2015, 12:06 AM
bro we are misunderstanding each other here...I meant the 1993 Lee Labrada could have been #2 or 3 but he was not given the chance...he was better then both Shawn Ray (great guy btw) and Flex Wheeler that day...

You just lost a fan. Lol

Curt James
08-21-2015, 12:11 AM

But seriously, in 93 Labrada was 2nd at the Arnold Classic, 2nd at the Ironman Pro, and 4th at the Olympia, placing ahead of Kevin Levrone.

It's difficult for me to interpret that as Lee not being given a chance.

GearHead-evo
08-21-2015, 04:04 AM
You just lost a fan. Lol

lol i know many guys dont like shaw ray...he did complain way too much about judging...but in real life he seemed like a really cool guy...though i guess maybe i never knew him personally just via shows... thats why my info is limited... ;)

GearHead-evo
08-21-2015, 04:06 AM
But seriously, in 93 Labrada was 2nd at the Arnold Classic, 2nd at the Ironman Pro, and 4th at the Olympia, placing ahead of Kevin Levrone.

It's difficult for me to interpret that as Lee not being given a chance.

bro good point....though i still think at the 93 mr.o Labrada looked better then Ray...even looking back at the pics i see it there...so at least 3rd @ the 93 Mr. O....though i'm not a judge so who knows, maybe politics but maybe he had something else off...hard to say...

jrbdallas1
08-21-2015, 09:40 AM
Labrada was amongst the elite for sure. Well rounded guy. Did big things both on and off the stage

EVO rep
08-21-2015, 11:50 AM
This is my opinion, certainly doesnt mean everyone feels that way.But, if you must know. I felt there were a few years he could have places higher (yes higher then 3rd a few times) and even won 1st.Epecially in 89, i feel they just didnt want to break haney's streak and lee lab deserved mr olympia,hands down...at the time many bb's felt he was robbed also.
More then that when it comes to all time greats you hardly see him mentioned these day. When it comes to conditioning and symmetics, he should be mentioned as a gold standard.. yet you constantly hear people mentioning zane, wheeler and some others, and not usually a peep of him .This is why i gave this opinion good friend