PDA

View Full Version : An amazing legend Larry Scott

GearHead-evo
08-24-2015, 09:26 PM
Brothers the other day we were discussing (http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/anabolic-steroids-peds/larry-scott-1st-mr-olympia-36227.html) a new article about Larry Scott (http://www.evolutionary.org/larry-scott-steroids), it discusses his life and some of his achievements...everyone says Scott is a legend, which he is, but how many people know he is the reason for the Mr. Olympia?...what do you guys think of Scott...let's talk about his look. I find it amazing.

Puma
08-25-2015, 06:49 AM
Was he the reason for the Mr. Olympia? I think Joe Weider developed it as a battle for the Mr. Universes and invited Larry to participate.

hammersnark
08-25-2015, 08:47 AM
he was a great competitor and opened the door to guys like Arnold

MikeSnow
08-25-2015, 02:09 PM
fucking sick physique ​, miss that stuff

muskate
08-25-2015, 02:37 PM
I am a huge fan of these old school physiques. The perfect balance of mass and aesthetics.

It's important to remember that the gyms they had back then are almost laughable in comparison to what we have today. The fact they were still able to develop such amazing physiques is truly inspiring.

Their drug use was also a tenth of the amount used today.

Curt James
08-25-2015, 03:34 PM
Was he the reason for the Mr. Olympia? I think Joe Weider developed it as a battle for the Mr. Universes and invited Larry to participate.

The one connection -- besides being the first Mr. Oympia -- between Scott and the contest's creation was the story of Weider and Scott having drinks, discussing a new super show with only Universe winners as contestants. Joe, pondering what to name the show, looked at his cold beverage, a can of Olympia beer...

Believe it was a video interview with Larry Scott.

(Googles)

EVO rep
08-26-2015, 02:33 AM
The one connection -- besides being the first Mr. Oympia -- between Scott and the contest's creation was the story of Weider and Scott having drinks, discussing a new super show with only Universe winners as contestants. Joe, pondering what to name the show, looked at his cold beverage, a can of Olympia beer...

Believe it was a video interview with Larry Scott.

(Googles)
Thats a great story, i never heard.Thanks for sharing Curt.My opinion of larry scott is, he is an all- time great, no arguements there.

Curt James
08-26-2015, 06:41 AM
Couldn't find the YouTube, but it's out there. Olympia beer as the origin of the show's name.

RIP, Larry Scott.