PDA

View Full Version : Morning Workout

mattyb
07-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Whats up everybody, I have recently switched my workouts from in the afternoon to mornings. These past couple days I have been using a cup of oatmeal before the workout and was wanting to know if this was the best option to be having? I normally go to the gym about 20-30 minutes after having the meal. I wasnt sure if I should be having something that is a little easier on the stomach. I was thinking maybe some egg whites with a couple pieces of wheat bread and a banana. Does this sound ok?

Mudpro69
07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Yeah, sounds good. If your stomach can handle it. For me, I eat a regular Keto meal. I wake at 3am, slam a shake down, walk a few blocks and drive to the gym...

SlimTim
07-14-2009, 10:32 PM
I workout in the morning too and Ive found a shake to be the best option. 50g of whey and 50g of waxy maize 30 minutes pre workout. Digests fast and easy, and gives me the energy I need to throw down in the gym.

Qaash
07-14-2009, 11:14 PM
I find I can work better if I do so on an empty stomach and then immediately have a post workout shake. I don't know if that's wise but I feel better doing it that way.

nutratroy
07-17-2009, 02:36 AM
Whats up everybody, I have recently switched my workouts from in the afternoon to mornings. These past couple days I have been using a cup of oatmeal before the workout and was wanting to know if this was the best option to be having? I normally go to the gym about 20-30 minutes after having the meal. I wasnt sure if I should be having something that is a little easier on the stomach. I was thinking maybe some egg whites with a couple pieces of wheat bread and a banana. Does this sound ok?

I use 1 tbs of instant coffee, 2/3 cups of regular oats & 3 scoops of protein isolate in a shaker cup. Shake and down it with some N'Gorge from ALR. By the time I am at the gym, it's game over son

Sensei
07-29-2009, 01:22 AM
If I gotta workout 1st thing in the morning I just have my preworkout drink & hit the gym. I usually try to make the time to get up early & eat a meal then drink preworkout & hit the gym an hour after I finish my meal!

JohnnyMuscles
07-29-2009, 11:07 AM
I usually drink a shake in the morning before I go and if I have them i'll take a few BCAA's, then after my workout i'll have another shake

buckimscl
07-29-2009, 11:27 AM
I do either eggs/whole wheat toast about an 1.5 hour before and then some no-xplode or something like that about 30 minutes prior for mornings. If I do the 4am thing then it's a protein shake and some oats and caffiene capsules.

NATURAL-1987
08-19-2009, 09:54 PM
I have 1 cup oatmeal, a couple scoops of whey and stick it in the microwave together for a minute, then I mix in a cup of unsweetened apple sauce. tastes good and goes down easy.

Strongernow
09-01-2009, 01:19 PM
I lift at 7:00 AM
6:20 - rise and take my preworkout pills and some juice added to a Vitamin Water, which I drink throughout the workout. Immediately afterwards, 50gms protein in water with creatine and a bowl of oatmeal. I can't get a hard workout in - 1 to 1 1/2 hours with food in my stomach.

Joshua H
09-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Rise at 7 and eat at 715, hit the gym by 830, what I eat is...

1 cup quick oats (easier to put down for me)
1.5 scoops egg white protein
mix them both and zap for 3 minutes

........its like a small vanilla/cinnamon cake when you pull it out.

Musicmike
09-16-2009, 03:02 PM
i've been working out in the mornings for a few years now. I know its smart to eat before hand and have tried it, but find im in like a food comma and have no energy for a bit until the no shotgun kicks in. i've tried smaller portions etc but it just doesnt do it for me....

fitcorps
09-16-2009, 09:56 PM
If you can stomach it, I'd have some whey with some Waxy Maize. The WMS will be easy on your stomach. If not, have yourself some WMS, BCAA's and a pre-workout drink like ALR's WTF Pump'd.

I'd also recommend sipping on some BCAA's during your workout since you're training on only 1 meal.

AminoAmigo
10-07-2009, 12:14 PM
I workout in the morning too and Ive found a shake to be the best option. 50g of whey and 50g of waxy maize 30 minutes pre workout. Digests fast and easy, and gives me the energy I need to throw down in the gym.

such a shake thirty minutes pre workout would give me the energy to THRO UP in the gym :D

i like to have a shake too ... but i'll have like 30 g whey protein, 10 g casein and 150 g of oats. works good for me cause i'll not have any "energy crash" into my workout.

edit: 2 hours prior to my workout

bigcobos
11-07-2009, 08:49 PM
:yep:superpump 250 and bcaa vit pack
from animal and u be all good. then after workout bcaa and protein drink with breakfast.fell like a champ

partsRheavy
11-07-2009, 10:19 PM
I am NOT a morning person.

Nevertheless, if U R forced to w/o in the morning, I'd at least have a whey shake plus preferably some oatmeal or eggs beforehand.

I would NOT lift on an empty stomach.

Cuppa joe or bite o' chocolate might help, too. :p

I can't stomach vitamins without a decent real-food meal beforehand i.e. meat, eggs etc. I take my vites in the afternoon.