PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin Spice Quest Bar

~gymdiva~
10-01-2015, 01:02 AM
Anyone tried one yet? you know this basic white chick wants one! ;)

cook
10-01-2015, 06:18 AM
Anyone tried one yet? you know this basic white chick wants one! ;)

You white girls are wild.

JoeyGym65
10-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Just got some Quest Bars (http://www.samedaysupplements.com/quest-bars-pumpkin-pie-12-box-by-quest-nutrition.html) today. Pumpkin pie Tastes great. Might be my new favorite. Limited time only which sucks. Gotta stock up I guess lol...

Jaredmus
10-02-2015, 03:24 AM
seems that everywhere I look the reviews or people who have tried them LOVE THEM

~gymdiva~
10-02-2015, 06:42 PM
well I am not in the "love" category....was it bad? no...but I would have like more pumpkin spice flavor to it...and the coating makes it super crumbly!

but that double chocolate chunk....that's my boo ;)

JoeyGym65
10-05-2015, 04:08 PM
Pumpkin pie Quest Bars (http://www.samedaysupplements.com/quest-bars-pumpkin-pie-12-box-by-quest-nutrition.html) is very good. Honestly I love everything about it.

The Solution
10-05-2015, 05:00 PM
I see a lot more disagreeing with them then liking
Most state they don't taste much like pumpkin at all.

seems that everywhere I look the reviews or people who have tried them LOVE THEM

carrie ann simmons
10-06-2015, 08:10 PM
I like them. The coating and texture is different. That's a plus for me. Still in love with my cashew coconut though!

~gymdiva~
10-07-2015, 03:03 PM
ooooh that's another good one! also like the cookies and cream....wish all of their bars were stevia only and no sucralose but I am willing to risk it for some flavors ;)

Tu Holmes
10-07-2015, 03:04 PM
BWBs everywhere.

~gymdiva~
10-07-2015, 03:05 PM
:lmao:

The Solution
10-07-2015, 04:04 PM
CNC
CCCD
DCC
Apple Pie
Chocolate Brownie

top 5

BigZero
10-07-2015, 05:51 PM
I see a lot more disagreeing with them then liking
Most state they don't taste much like pumpkin at all.

pumpkin pie does not taste like pumpkin. Pumpkin pie tastes like sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. In fact, most "pumpkin" pie has little to no "pumpkin" in it. http://www.thekitchn.com/whats-actually-in-your-canned-pumpkin-puree-ingredient-intelligence-69123

The Solution
10-07-2015, 08:44 PM
pumpkin pie does not taste like pumpkin. Pumpkin pie tastes like sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. In fact, most "pumpkin" pie has little to no "pumpkin" in it. http://www.thekitchn.com/whats-actually-in-your-canned-pumpkin-puree-ingredient-intelligence-69123

You may as well call it a Cinnamon Sugar Pie then if it has no "Pumpkin" taste to it. Why even label it pumpkin then if there is no "Pumpkin" taste to it. If a Pumpkin Pie were to have some kind of a taste to it there would be aspects of pumpkin

Does an apple pie taste like apples?
Does a pecan pie taste like Pecans?
Does a blueberry pie taste like blueberries?
Does a Cherry Pie taste like cherries?
need i go on.

Puma
10-08-2015, 01:17 AM
I bought one to try it out and then bought a box so it's got my vote as tasting good. I'll second Carrie's statement on liking the texture as well.

PTB
10-08-2015, 05:02 PM
I tried it a couple days ago.... I thought it was good, but I was a bit disappointed given the hype, still, I would put it #6 after my top 5:

Choc Chip Cookie Dough
Cookies & Cream
White Chocolate Rasberry
Mint Choc Chunk
S'mores

On a side note, I also tried the chocolate peanut butter cups... initially I thought they would be in wrappers like the reeses pbcs, but I had to eat them out of the package with a spoon.
The chocolate was a bit like dark chocolate rather than milk chocolate, but the peanut butter was pretty good, and I would try it again.

~gymdiva~
10-08-2015, 05:40 PM
have they changed the cups? someone at work thought they were good but when I tried them about two years ago I thought they were awful-way too dry

The Solution
10-08-2015, 08:15 PM
have they changed the cups? someone at work thought they were good but when I tried them about two years ago I thought they were awful-way too dry

When they originally launched they re-did them about 2-3 months later. since then they have been the same. yes they did
The first few runs of the cups were awfully dry . like make your mouth need water ASAP Dry.

The Solution
10-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Kinda meh out of the wrapper (Quest Pumpkin Bar). It has minimal pumpkin aftertaste and minor spice.The coating provides a nice glaze, but the graham cracker pieces have no real taste to them besides texture.
If you heat the bar for about 5 seconds the glaze melts in your mouth, and i find it enhances the bar a touch.
Hard to put the Quest pumpkin pie in my top 5. Still does not top CnC, CCCD, DCC, Apple Pie, or Chocolate brownie (my top 5)

~gymdiva~
10-08-2015, 10:02 PM
If they made a white chocolate double chocolate chunk I'd probably stockpile something akin to the Y2K crazies [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Solution
10-09-2015, 06:46 AM
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut would be epic.

Minnphat
11-07-2015, 07:46 AM
These things were terrible!!