PDA

View Full Version : who is next for cheick kongo

dublin-lifter
07-15-2009, 01:55 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2008-07/41140829.jpg (http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2008-07/41140829.jpg)

just saw this on a thread on sherdog thought i might ask everyone over here
who is next for chieck kongo and will he win

i think either herring or cro cop and yea i think he should take either of them

Mike the Ripper
07-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Considering he is coming off a recent loss it will be interesting to see who they put him up against. Cheick is a big, strong, guy. I like watching his fights and was surprised at his last defeat.

dublin-lifter
07-16-2009, 08:35 AM
he needs to do some more ground training imagine cheick kongo with good bjj now that would be a awesome fighter

heavies
07-17-2009, 05:16 PM
he needs to do some more ground training imagine cheick kongo with good bjj now that would be a awesome fighter

I just don't think he can "do" 'the ground game, it is so foriegn to him, I think he should take 6 mos. off and go roll everyday, no stand up, no kicks, just wraslin and bjj...............

dublin-lifter
07-17-2009, 05:56 PM
I just don't think he can "do" 'the ground game, it is so foriegn to him, I think he should take 6 mos. off and go roll everyday, no stand up, no kicks, just wraslin and bjj...............

yea i agree its not like his stand up needs anymore work anyway so maybe he should take 6 months off practice wrestlin bjj then when he signs for his next fight he can train both together in his trainin camp

Plates
07-18-2009, 02:17 PM
He should train wrestling for a year, then come back. He cant even defend a simple take down. Dude has all the power he needs in his hands, and flops like a fish on the ground. Not to mention, he needs to start doing something different when he comes in to the arena. The chest pound to fist kiss to Nazi salute is getting old

bringingthehuge
07-18-2009, 05:59 PM
it will probably be tough for him to get a good ground game at this stage in his career. You develop wrestling skills and muscle memory over years of training

dublin-lifter
07-19-2009, 07:56 AM
it will be hard for him but if he can pull it off he will be one to contend with

heavies
07-19-2009, 12:38 PM
it will probably be tough for him to get a good ground game at this stage in his career. You develop wrestling skills and muscle memory over years of training

i am not advocating he become great at wraslin' but there are loads of improvement that can be developed if you bust your ass, he needs to roll everyday for 6 mos. then take another fight, otherwise he will NEVER be a champ..........

dublin-lifter
07-19-2009, 01:30 PM
i am not advocating he become great at wraslin' but there are loads of improvement that can be developed if you bust your ass, he needs to roll everyday for 6 mos. then take another fight, otherwise he will NEVER be a champ..........

yea i dont think anyone is expecting him to get a black belt in bjj or anything just to get some sort of skill on the ground he will always be looking for a stand up fight

Sensei
07-19-2009, 02:14 PM
They will probly throw somebody at him that he can pick apart standing up probly wont be a top 20 guy

dublin-lifter
07-19-2009, 02:54 PM
They will probly throw somebody at him that he can pick apart standing up probly wont be a top 20 guy maybe they will send in there whipping boy mustapha al turk against him again

heavies
07-20-2009, 08:02 AM
maybe they will send in there whipping boy mustapha al turk against him again

lmao, I was just thinking that yesterday, mustapha is the confidence building nobody...........human fucking punching bag....lmao

Plates
07-20-2009, 11:35 AM
hahaha!!! Kind of like an Elvis Sinosic

dublin-lifter
07-22-2009, 06:15 PM
lmao, I was just thinking that yesterday, mustapha is the confidence building nobody...........human fucking punching bag....lmao

thats one word for him that was a vicious ground and pound he got on him in ufc 92
maybe he could practice his ground game on him as a sort of a dummy run lol

Sensei
07-27-2009, 12:26 AM
rumor is he could be fighting frank mir at ufc 104 or ufc 107!

dublin-lifter
07-27-2009, 07:01 PM
rumor is he could be fighting frank mir at ufc 104 or ufc 107!

frank mir could be very tricky for chieck kongo

Sensei
07-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Yeah If mir gets it to the ground its pretty much over. If kongo can keep it standing & hurt him early the fight will look like mir/vera from UFC 65

dublin-lifter
07-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Yeah If mir gets it to the ground its pretty much over. If kongo can keep it standing & hurt him early the fight will look like mir/vera from UFC 65

also i think mir would be able to keep up with him standing up although obvisouly he would want to take it to the ground