PDA

View Full Version : Open Meeting for NPC IL

BigPablo300
07-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Some of you may already know but for those of you who don't, we are planning to assemble an open meeting concerning NPC IL bodybuilding.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join and share their oppinions.

We are looking at holding it within the next month. If anyone has suggestions as to where to hold it or dates which are good for them please let me know.

If you cannot make it but would like an issue to brought up then post your question or suggestion and we will bring it up during the meeting.

It looks like Saturdays are good for most people and USA gym is being highly considered as of right now.

Thanks to anyone who has ideas of how to change the current state that IL bodybuilding is in. Hope to see you there!

4evermuscle
07-16-2009, 06:05 AM
Thanks to anyone who has ideas of how to change the current state that IL bodybuilding is in. Hope to see you there!

What's wrong with it now?

BigPablo300
07-16-2009, 01:33 PM
What's wrong with it now?

A lot of things. I have a thread on MD titled "Is IL Bodybuilding Dead" which highlights a lot of the issues. You are free to chime in if you would like.

Here is a run down though of issues concerning IL bodybuilding:

1. Horrible promotion.

2. No real website which is updated. Look at www.npcillinoisbodybuilding.com (http://www.npcillinoisbodybuilding.com/) to see what I mean.

3. Horrendous organization of the IL. State and IM with no Friday night weighins.

4. Test judges are not given equal opportunity to get on the panel.

5. Ronnie Alteri.

6. No lobbying for our National contending athletes.

7. No rotation of current judges at shows.

8. Unorganization of IL competitors as a whole.

These are most of the issues at hand but there are a few other minor things that we are working on.

4evermuscle
07-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Those are all valid points. Good luck!

BigPablo300
07-20-2009, 05:46 PM
We are thinking of hosting this at USA gym in Bridgeview on a Saturday.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to add? C'mon guys this is your chance to help bring changes to the current IL situation.

4evermuscle
07-20-2009, 07:17 PM
I'd love to make it, but unfortunately I've got a thing in Wisconsin this weekend.

Spauldo
07-22-2009, 02:15 AM
Well I live in IL so I am curious on what your thoughts of changes should take place?

BigPablo300
07-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Well I live in IL so I am curious on what your thoughts of changes should take place?

Well more or less the problems I stated earlier in this thread are what I am trying to change.

I want rotation of judges as well as new judges to get a chance to get on the panel.

I want Ron Alteri to be put in the background. He is not a good image to have promoting the shows or representing IL.

I want better organization of the Ironman and IL State shows.

I want lobbying for our National competitors like East and West coast guys get.

I want an updated and relevent website for IL with competition info and competitor standings.

I also want to help bring IL competitors together as a whole.

Hope this helps.

Tami Bellon
07-22-2009, 12:35 PM
I had questions so I emailed the chair. Took him 2 months to respond. :(

BigPablo300
07-22-2009, 06:09 PM
I had questions so I emailed the chair. Took him 2 months to respond. :(

Thanks for your input Tami. I will make sure to address this issue at the meeting.

BigPablo300
08-11-2009, 04:54 PM
By now I am sure that most of you have come across or have seen this letter which was circulated yesterday afternoon.

Once again none other than Michelle claiming to be Chuck has answered. It really is ironic how she tells the sender to reveal themselves when she is portraying herself as the chairman.

Obviously there is a lot of people coming together trying to make a difference and do it in a diplomatic way but the powers that be won't let it happen.

This is not just something that will blow over. Do you want to lose every competitor in IL? Do you want to lose all that income? It clearly is starting to look like a possibility.

Mel and Chuck both are aware of this meeting and a collection of others were organizing this event. If for some reason Chuck does not know about this meeting well then now he does. Oh wait! How can he when someone else reads and responds to his mail?

How is it that USA and others feel so threatend? All we want as competitors and fans is a well run chapter of the NPC in IL. No one is trying to take your power away. But we do want it better managed.

You wouldn't want to buy a car and have a wheel incorrectly installed so you crash on a highway. And you wouldn't want to rent a Hotel room with soiled linen. So why is that you think competitors want to spend money to be part of a half assed circus of corruption and disrespect.

Enough is enough already. No more games. Solutions and suggestions are there and people are willing to help. This can be done in a civilized manner and I just don't understand the logic behind their method.

ORIGINAL EMAIL:

An open meeting for the NPC IL is being organized. This is your chance to bring ideas, questions and suggestions to the table. You will have a chance to speak face to face with the NPC IL Chairman and panel about any issues or suggestions that you may have.

So far the major issues which will be addressed are as follows:

1. Promotion
2. Improvement of NPC IL website
3. Organization of the IL. State and Ironman
4. Equal opportunities for test judges to get on the panel
5. Ronnie Alteri’s inappropriate use of words and actions
6. National Lobbying for IL athletes
7. Rotation of judging panel from show to show

Currently USA Gym in Bridgeview is being highly considered. If you or anyone you know has a idea for another location then please let us know.

Help us get a prime date and time. We are thinking Saturday evening around 5 or 6pm.

Any and all suggestions will be heard and considered. Reply to this email with your ideas. Please help us make IL bodybuilding the best that it can possibly be.

Be sure to pass this email along to as many friends, family and other competitors as possible.

Thank you,
Illinois Bodybuilders

USA REPLY:

Hi Everyone,
I just received this message and I am not sure who sent it or why. Let me be clear. I do not know the person who is attempting to organize this meeting. I have not been directly contacted about setting up a group meeting by the person who wrote this email.
As I mentioned in my message on the NPC Illinois website earlier this year, if anyone has any comments or criticisms about how I'm doing as NPC Illinois Chairman or anything related to bodybuilding in Illinois, come up to me in person, introduce yourself by your real name and let me know what is on your mind. To this date, nobody has taken me up on my offer.
In the future, if there is ever a need to have a group meeting, the person who took it upon themselves to send this message should come up to me in person, talk to me first and not hide behind a screen name or random email.
[email protected] ([email protected]), I expect to see you in person, or not to hear anything else regarding NPC Illinois by email or otherwise again unless you consult me first.
Chuck Sanow
NPC Illinois Chairman

CJCummings
08-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Big Pablo I will save you some time. Why don't you go to another state and compete. This way you would not have all these concerns. It is getting old having all these competitors bitch about the state. You have not earned the right to hold meetings regarding the state of Illinois because you are not the Chairman, end of story. And like I said if you do not like what the state is doing you have another 49 options.

.!.
08-15-2009, 02:04 PM
well having competed in IL two years in a row now, i think the juding is bs! i was placed behind several other competitors who had visible back fat and some who were still water logged and i was ripped and bone dry.

im not saying i should have won the show because the guy who did definately did deserve it, but i know last year i should have been top 3 and this year should have been top 5 (moved up a weight class)

i guess shitty judging comes at all levels and all states but these two happened to be in IL so i was just adding to this thread

BigPablo300
08-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Big Pablo I will save you some time. Why don't you go to another state and compete. This way you would not have all these concerns. It is getting old having all these competitors bitch about the state. You have not earned the right to hold meetings regarding the state of Illinois because you are not the Chairman, end of story. And like I said if you do not like what the state is doing you have another 49 options.

Thank you for your input CJ. Do you really think that an attitude such as yours ever resolves anything?

If the entire world decided that things are ok the way they are and no one should even try to change things because it is too hard then we would have failed to even come this far as a species.

The reason why you have the things you do and are able to live the way you do is because of people who stand up and make a difference. It's not out of selfishness, spite or greed.

Some people just go above and beyond to cause change. They help others knowing that the changes exacted upon one person will in some form or another be transferred to another.

It has to start somewhere. I am sorry for your lack of insight or desire to post something positive.

PEACE
-BP-