PDA

View Full Version : Women of MMA

Gaoshang Xiongshou
07-15-2009, 07:10 PM
They throwdown just as hard as the guys :ok: More added tomorrow. Feel free to contribute to this thread!

chitownmscle
07-15-2009, 08:58 PM
There are some great women fighters out there. Hopefully one day someone will learn how to market it correctly and it will get televised

Mirko Cro Cop
07-15-2009, 09:04 PM
There are some great women fighters out there. Hopefully one day someone will learn how to market it correctly and it will get televised

Isn't Carano vs. Cyborg headlining the Strikeforce show on Showtime next month?

Ninja Loco
07-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Love me some Gina but is she still IN this thing?? She's had so many problems making weight and then there's reports that she dodges some opponents. My friend Danny Payne's wife (may he RIP) kept repeatedly trying to line up a fight with her.

Debbie Purcell and Kyra Gracie are still the best. Cris Cyborg has a big future, I think.

heavies
07-17-2009, 05:25 PM
gx would post something like this........

Sensei
07-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Women MMA is good but I dont know if the mainstream is ready to see women getting KO'd. Imagine if a women was out the way bisping was at ufc 100 probly wouldnt be a good thing for the mainstream media

chitownmscle
07-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Mainstrem still isn't ready for MMA or the UFC period. It is still considered an outcast even though millions of people are still buying tix and PPV. Until Nike or Adidas come in and sponsor things it will always be considered an outsider sport.

heavies
07-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Mainstrem still isn't ready for MMA or the UFC period. It is still considered an outcast even though millions of people are still buying tix and PPV. Until Nike or Adidas come in and sponsor things it will always be considered an outsider sport.

I hope it stays an outsider sport, fuck the mainstream media, they are bunch limp wristed faggots............

Isvind
07-20-2009, 09:16 AM
I just don't see women's MMA catching on. Dana White said in a past interview UFC would never have a women's division. Of course if there ever was a serious demand for it his tune would change for the $$$. Any business man would. I think the majority of people do not want to see a woman bloodied and battered. Replace the Lesnar/Mir scenario with women. Mir was covered in blood. Not very lady like in the majority of folks eyes. Call it sexist or whatever but I believe the vast majority would rather keep the ladies on the outside of the ring telling us what round it is and the men on the inside. Personally I would like women's MMA to get a bit more exposure. It would be a shame to miss out on a talented fighter due to their sex.

chitownmscle
07-20-2009, 01:06 PM
I just don't see women's MMA catching on. Dana White said in a past interview UFC would never have a women's division. Of course if there ever was a serious demand for it his tune would change for the $$$. Any business man would. I think the majority of people do not want to see a woman bloodied and battered. Replace the Lesnar/Mir scenario with women. Mir was covered in blood. Not very lady like in the majority of folks eyes. Call it sexist or whatever but I believe the vast majority would rather keep the ladies on the outside of the ring telling us what round it is and the men on the inside. Personally I would like women's MMA to get a bit more exposure. It would be a shame to miss out on a talented fighter due to their sex.

This is my exact point, mainstream has a preconceived notion as to what a woman should and should not be, home maker, wife, mother, even business woman to a degree. Should she be in construction? MMA? any other field that you can think of that is primarily dominated by men. I'm not saying that it is right but it is what society has deemed acceptable.

exit2010
07-20-2009, 02:21 PM
i don't want to be with a chick who knows how to properly implement a kimura, no matter what she looks like.

chitownmscle
07-20-2009, 02:47 PM
i don't want to be with a chick who knows how to properly implement a kimura, no matter what she looks like.

I wouldn't mind that. Might even be a turn on. Only problem would be is if we were out and some dude starts talking ish and she just takes him out before I even blink, then I'd be worried

exit2010
07-20-2009, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't mind that. Might even be a turn on. Only problem would be is if we were out and some dude starts talking ish and she just takes him out before I even blink, then I'd be worried

hmmm when you put it that way . . . marry her on the spot.:D

Gaoshang Xiongshou
07-20-2009, 03:03 PM

That just means that you would need to make sure to not upset her. :D