PDA

View Full Version : ? on consuming Olive Oil

fitmomma3
07-15-2009, 09:07 PM
OK this may sound anal but it's a valid concern, that I'm sure many can relate to. So for healthy fats you may use a tbs of olive oil drizzled over vegetables or salad... two of my meals included cucumbers/tomatoes and a tbs of olive oil with salt SO GOOD but my question/issue is, this meal is on a very low cal low carb day so consuming every ounce of that oil for the fat and calories is VERY important. As I woof it down I have been noticing the pool of oil that sits remaining in my bowl and feel like I am jipping myself by not eating the entire TBS of oil... so tonight I actually went a step further and poured the remainder of the bowl into a measuring spoon and sure as shit it FILLED the tbs... now of course there was some water in there from the tomatoes and cucumbers so it wasn't all oil but STILL a significant amount that I did not eat :( So now I'm wondering should I skip putting it on my veggies and just down it with my meal to make sure I'm getting it all (although I love it on my veggies!)... what do you guys do... I thought of tipping the bowl and downing the rest lol but the thought was not appealing.:o

Frosty
07-15-2009, 10:19 PM
I'd measure and take the oil if you're that concerned about it and you don't wanna drink the rest :)

Alexander
07-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Drink it by the spoon, then eat your meal

Isvind
07-17-2009, 01:49 PM
For me personally I just drizzle as usual then drink the left over. Not sure why that wouldn't be appealing. It should taste just fine if not better than taking the oil alone in my opinion.

fitmomma3
07-18-2009, 07:59 AM
so when everyone puts in on the 1 cup of salad or green veg on Dave's diet they just drink the left over? I guess that's what I'll do. It just looks all mixed with water and tomato juice lol I'm weird about my food mixing.

Legend
07-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Lick the plate! :D

Unless you're in public, then I would go hide so noone can see......then lick the plate/container.

Rattbones
07-18-2009, 12:29 PM
why not just take fish oil in a cap?

Rattbones
07-18-2009, 12:29 PM
sorry I ment in a pill with you meal

Mr. Hyde
07-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Lick the plate! :D

Unless you're in public, then I would go hide so noone can see......then lick the plate/container.

2x, this is how i roll.....lol

cobra
07-18-2009, 03:23 PM
OK this may sound anal but it's a valid concern, that I'm sure many can relate to. So for healthy fats you may use a tbs of olive oil drizzled over vegetables or salad... two of my meals included cucumbers/tomatoes and a tbs of olive oil with salt SO GOOD but my question/issue is, this meal is on a very low cal low carb day so consuming every ounce of that oil for the fat and calories is VERY important. As I woof it down I have been noticing the pool of oil that sits remaining in my bowl and feel like I am jipping myself by not eating the entire TBS of oil... so tonight I actually went a step further and poured the remainder of the bowl into a measuring spoon and sure as shit it FILLED the tbs... now of course there was some water in there from the tomatoes and cucumbers so it wasn't all oil but STILL a significant amount that I did not eat :( So now I'm wondering should I skip putting it on my veggies and just down it with my meal to make sure I'm getting it all (although I love it on my veggies!)... what do you guys do... I thought of tipping the bowl and downing the rest lol but the thought was not appealing.:o

LOL We think alike b/c I'm just as anal about all this shit! Kinda sux doesn;t it? Anyway, I always just down the oil either before or after my meal.

FoodFreak
09-22-2009, 05:57 PM
this is why nuts are more convenient than oils.

CallofDuty4
09-22-2009, 08:40 PM
I would drink it up, or lets say you have brocolli mop up the plate just like you would do with bread.

FoodFreak
09-23-2009, 02:29 PM

I definitely feel you on this one. Its so annoying! then again... I'm OCD when it comes to nutrition so it makes it worse. I'm sure tho, that if you add a little bit of a overflowing TBS to the meal, and then eat up as much as you can that the differences are marginal. What gets me is traveling with meals that have oil added to them. If you add the oil ahead of time it gets soggy and trying to measure TBS's of oil on the run is a nuisance. LOL

DAVIDHARDY
09-23-2009, 02:52 PM
I definitely feel you on this one. Its so annoying! then again... I'm OCD when it comes to nutrition so it makes it worse. I'm sure tho, that if you add a little bit of a overflowing TBS to the meal, and then eat up as much as you can that the differences are marginal. What gets me is traveling with meals that have oil added to them. If you add the oil ahead of time it gets soggy and trying to measure TBS's of oil on the run is a nuisance. LOL

Use nuts when you travel