PDA

View Full Version : Anavar stop periods?

Lin
07-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Just interested to see if any female has had this problem....been using 30mg daily of Anavar, started with 4 wk on 20mg.
Period turned up as normal on 20mg but this month on 30mg no sign.
I'm just over 2 weeks overdue, done 3 pregnancy tests which are negative, but still no period.

I'm booked in to be sterilised in the next few months as I don't want any more children.

My body fat isn't low for that to be the problem, and I've been researching the effects of drugs on pregnancy tests that effect results, and the only ones are drugs that contain hcg.

I'm flummoxed :confused:

x

Sistersteel
07-16-2009, 07:34 AM
Anytime you introduce a hormone or foreign substance into the your system, you are going to throw off the natural balance of things. Missing a period is very common on steroids even the mildest ones. I personally think 30mg is too high anyway, and it would have sufficed to run it at 20mg throughout the course of the cycle.

Lin
07-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Thanks for your quick reply :)
Going to drop back down to 20mg today to see if it changes things. Was interested to see if anyone else had had similar effects.
x

Sistersteel
07-16-2009, 07:44 AM
Thanks for your quick reply :)
Going to drop back down to 20mg today to see if it changes things. Was interested to see if anyone else had had similar effects.
x

Most likely many :)
At this point you are highly unlikely to resume your menstrual cycle even if you drop the dose back down to 20mg. You are going to need to drop the gear completely and give yourself some time to bounce back, if amenorrhea is an issue for you.

Lin
07-16-2009, 07:53 AM
Most likely many :)
At this point you are highly unlikely to resume your menstrual cycle even if you drop the dose back down to 20mg. You are going to need to drop the gear completely and give yourself some time to bounce back, if amenorrhea is an issue for you.

Lack of menstruation doesn't bother me, it's the first time it's happened while on cycle.
Booked in for the snip soon so nothing can interfere with my hobby :D
Thanks x

Sistersteel
07-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Why did you choose to snip rather than say get a non hormonal IUD?

Tatyana
07-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi Lin :)

Lin
07-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Why did you choose to snip rather than say get a non hormonal IUD?

Tried everything over the years and nothing suits.
Too old to have any more children so I don't see the point of worrying about getting pregnant when I can have my tubes cut :)
x

Lin
07-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Hi Lin :)

Hello stranger long time no speak.:wavey:
Hope everything is well for you
xxx