PDA

View Full Version : "Low Volume" verses "High Volume" Training

Ronnie Rowland
07-16-2009, 10:10 AM
I would like to get everyones input on whether you make your best gains training with low volume training, high volume training, or utlizing both styles. I for one have learned it's best to use both training styles to max out ones full-genetic potential as bodybuilder.I call it Slingshot Training!

Here's a link discussing the Pros and Cons of each training style- Bring Back Hard Work and Volume Training - Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com / Anabolic Review Forums

Ronnie Rowland
07-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Please read through the following thread before making your vote- Bring Back Hard Work and Volume Training - Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com / Anabolic Review Forums

I would like to get as many responses possible as to what it is you like and dislike about each training style (high volume and low volume).

Thank you!;)

mr intensity
07-16-2009, 10:57 AM
i prefer low volume training....as i has really worked for me but.... thats not the whole point.... the only concept that i could learn from all training styles was progressive overload....when i started bodybuilding i cud bench press only 120 pounds for 10 reps now after three years i can press 330 for ten reps ...if i wud have kept lifting that 120 poundsi dont think i wud have gained any mucle mass....evryone has to find their own best method....

Ronnie Rowland
07-17-2009, 07:39 PM
i prefer low volume training....as i has really worked for me but.... thats not the whole point.... the only concept that i could learn from all training styles was progressive overload....when i started bodybuilding i cud bench press only 120 pounds for 10 reps now after three years i can press 330 for ten reps ...if i wud have kept lifting that 120 poundsi dont think i wud have gained any mucle mass....evryone has to find their own best method....I agree 100% with the progressive over-load! Some are able to get progressively stronger using more sets than others!

How many set do you do each week for major body parts? Do you ever increase or decrease sets to shock the muscles?

mr intensity
07-18-2009, 01:51 AM
for every muscle group do 1 work set per exercise....i go upto positive failure... then i`ll do rest pause or drop sets... for monday.... chest sholder triceps..... thursday...legs...... saturday....back reardelts traps biceps.... i do not inrease my sets ever...my idea of shocking the muscle group is using high intensity techniques at the end of the set......in the end its my log book(training journal) numbers that have to increase

mr intensity
07-18-2009, 07:46 AM
in my opinion every training system works.... sling shot, fst7, doggcrapp, high volume.........look at all the mr olympias from sergio oliva to dexter jackson every one had their own "tailor made" training philosophies..... every one of them was great....

R.L.
07-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Well, the best program I've tried this far, is Stripped Down Hypertrophy. 5 fullbody workout a week, for 3 weeks. Was amazing! I call that high volume =)

Atm I have 18 worksets for my back, 18 for shoulder/chest a week - I wouldn't call that high volume not low either.

(my legs are constantly injured cause of soccer :( )

mr intensity
07-21-2009, 12:22 PM
intermediate bodybuilders and the newbie are the ones who are best at overestimating what they can achieve in six moths but underestimate what they can achieve in a decade...... every enthusiatic bodybuilder wants to have a dexter jackson physique or a ronnie coleman physique.....they forget it took a great amount of time for ronnie coleman to become ronnie coleman.......all they need to do is be enthusiastic evry day for every meal, every training session, every injection for a long period of time