PDA

View Full Version : Mass retaining exercises while on a keto diet

buffmaxwell
07-16-2009, 11:13 AM
i just started back on my keto diet. last time i did it i pretty much just stuck to my regular training routine while on it. but this time around i was wondering if there were any good exercises i could do while i was on my diet to retain as much muscle as possible. predominantly chest, arm, and shoulder exercises.

and also is lifting as heavy as you can while on a keto diet as effective as it is while not on a low carb diet?

Thanks Guys,

mr intensity
07-16-2009, 11:40 AM
include compund movements such as incline decline bench presses, smith machine sholder presses.... barbell curls, machine curls, close grip bench presses 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps try reaching positive failure .... basically the exercises which allows you to lift heavy wts....

freak
07-16-2009, 05:16 PM
the best building movements are the best retaining movements

dropshot001
07-17-2009, 08:25 AM
the best building movements are the best retaining movements

agreed

Frosty
07-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Agreed with Freak. Use rep ranges that you gain muscle best with. Whether it's sets of 10 or sets of 6. For me personally I do best with 5x6 with big compounds like back squat, close grip bench, incline, chinups/pullups, and t-bar rows. Curls and accessory lifts you can do for small groups to maintain but not too much volume and for rep ranges that you gain well in. When dieting you want to eliminate fluff and use the most bang for the bunk exercises.

djrlucero
07-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Agreed with Freak. Use rep ranges that you gain muscle best with. Whether it's sets of 10 or sets of 6. For me personally I do best with 5x6 with big compounds like back squat, close grip bench, incline, chinups/pullups, and t-bar rows. Curls and accessory lifts you can do for small groups to maintain but not too much volume and for rep ranges that you gain well in. When dieting you want to eliminate fluff and use the most bang for the bunk exercises.

Awesome info I appreciate just as much as others will

Ronnie Rowland
07-17-2009, 07:37 PM
the best building movements are the best retaining movementsNot a lot more can be said!:)