PDA

View Full Version : MMA Fighter Bobby Lashley Officially Signs With TNA Wrestling Promotion

MMAWaves
07-16-2009, 01:30 PM
http://mmawaves.com/2009/07/16/bobby-lashley-officially-signs-with-tna-wrestling-promotion/

Undefeated MMA fighter Bobby Lashley told New York ESPN Radio 1050 that he has officially signed with the TNA wrestling promotion. Lashley will continue to compete in MMA in addition to the pro wrestling.

Here is what he said about returning to pro wrestling:

"I just signed with TNA. It's a big thing because I am fighting and my main drive and all my focus has been with fighting and it still is. I trying telling people that I left wrestling so abruptly a couple years ago and the fans kind of threw their hands up. I left and they were like, man, what about us? Why did you just leave? I was at the top of my game. I always wanted to come back to wrestling , but I still wanted to fight, so it was like, how do you do both? I talked with Dixie Carter, the owner of TNA, and she was really, really helpful and she wanted to actually help out my MMA career and give me an opportunity to give back to professional wrestling. With their schedule, they only do four days a month. My schedule this week is Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and I?m done for the entire month and can concentrate on my fighting. It works out real well."

Lashley also talked about the current UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and a possible match-up between the two in the future.

Here is the audio from the interview:

MMXNGLCs49I

heavies
07-17-2009, 05:24 PM
lol......

Canuck_Muscle
07-18-2009, 04:35 AM
Bobby is one thick fucker. I imagine he has some inhuman strength as well. It would be quite the match between him and Brock. I would rather see Fedor because he is much more proven and capable but Bob is no joke.

Sensei
07-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Guess the pro wrestling can keep him in shape, just hope he doesn get injured, I'd like to see him fight some tougher competition in MMA though