PDA

View Full Version : Tanning Lotion

figurebre
07-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Do tanning lotions really help accelerate your tan?

Does the more you pay for lotion=better tanning results?

JW, cuz my mom bought $100 bottle of tanning lotion. I think thats just nuts.

Suzy Brown
07-16-2009, 05:04 PM
There are different qualities of tanning lotion just like there are different qualities of all skin care items. You can buy drug store or department store, so to speak.

The $100 bottles have more of the better accelerating ingredients, yes.

Jodie
07-16-2009, 05:20 PM
My fav products are by Body Invest and Pro Tan

Suzy Brown
07-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Body Invest is Norvelle, and is very good, let's say Almay. Protan is cheap crap, like Vaseline. (comparing brand name quality, not the actual feel or smell of the lotion)

Allifit
07-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Do tanning lotions really help accelerate your tan?

Does the more you pay for lotion=better tanning results?

JW, cuz my mom bought $100 bottle of tanning lotion. I think thats just nuts.

I used to work in a tanning salon and without a doubt it's simply pointless to tan without lotion.:) Lotion helps sustain the life of your tan and it helps accelerate the coloring process.

There are definitely cheaper lotions that work well, but ultimately, like anything else, you get out of a lotion what you invest into it:)

(although 100 bucks for a bottle of lotion is NUTS lol)

Wendy
07-17-2009, 01:14 PM
I stupidly bought an indoor tanning lotion with "tingle" in it. I just came back from a tan and I am sitting here like a big red beet! My cheeks are a glowin':o

Suzy Brown
07-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Tingles have an ingredient (a nicotine derivative) that brings blood to the surface of your skin (hence the redness) & are good for people that are already dark. The extra blood brings more oxygen & nutrients to your skin, "feeding" your tan. They shouldn't be used on the face: the extra blood can, in theory, cause the tiny vessels there to burst.

Suzy Brown
07-17-2009, 01:21 PM
(although 100 bucks for a bottle of lotion is NUTS lol)

My highest priced bottle (and the one I use most often) is actually $126! But if I didn't own the joint, NO WAY would I be dropping that kinda ching on it...

Tatyana
07-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Body Invest is Norvelle, and is very good, let's say Almay. Protan is cheap crap, like Vaseline. (comparing brand name quality, not the actual feel or smell of the lotion)

Bollux, I have protan tanning lotion.

:p

Suzy Brown
07-17-2009, 01:28 PM
I carry Protan! That's my 'cheap' line, displyed WAY over on the far side of the room... $16 & $19. Smells like almonds and takes about 45 min to rub in... its how I sell the $27 bottle! :)

Allifit
07-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Tingles have an ingredient (a nicotine derivative) that brings blood to the surface of your skin (hence the redness) & are good for people that are already dark. The extra blood brings more oxygen & nutrients to your skin, "feeding" your tan. They shouldn't be used on the face: the extra blood can, in theory, cause the tiny vessels there to burst.

I love tingles....

Suzy Brown
07-17-2009, 01:33 PM
My fav tingle, and one of the best IMO, is Mood by Designer Skin. It gives a very even pinky tone, just a little bronzer and smells like a soft patchouli, kinda. Most tingles just smell like "tingle."

Norvelle's Red Hot is nice too (Pure-fecktion line) natural & organic ingredients, no parabens, and smells like cinnamon.

Suzy Brown
07-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Since I'm blabbing anyway...

Now is a good time for a cooler! coolers are the opposite of a tingle -- they have menthol which gives a cool, minty feel. My fav is Bronze Camoflauge by Designer Skin (BB line) and has a great spicy-perfumy scent. This is one I wear in lieu of a fragrance for the day (I'm wearing it now!) and has a really nice strong bronzer.

Allifit
07-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Since I'm blabbing anyway...

Now is a good time for a cooler! coolers are the opposite of a tingle -- they have menthol which gives a cool, minty feel. My fav is Bronze Camoflauge by Designer Skin (BB line) and has a great spicy-perfumy scent. This is one I wear in lieu of a fragrance for the day (I'm wearing it now!) and has a really nice strong bronzer.

Designer Skin is about all I use anymore. I love their products.

Suzy Brown
07-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Alli if you have a chance, try Swedish Beauty's Henna Scent. Its a botanical formula, awesome scent, and better ingredients than most DS. I was hooked on DS's Bronze Anarchy last summer but this year I'm liking Henna Scent better.

I use bronzers pretty much every day, after shower, just to keep my color up between tans. In bed tho, its Cypher by CalTan.

DS, SB & Aussie Gold are all owned by the same company now. California Tan lotions too!