PDA

View Full Version : My journey beginning on the Palumbo Diet

Mighty
02-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Hey guys!

To begin, I'm about 160lbs at 13%BF and am looking to put on some quality muscle as well as lose some fat. I want to compete in the future, most likely next year, and my goal is to see if I can compete at about 160-165 with single digit bodyfat.

This is my journey.

Thanks for all the support guys!

-Kev

Mighty
02-18-2009, 08:05 PM
So yesterday I went to the grocery store, picked up 2 dozen omega 3 eggs, a jug of peanuts, diet soda and diet green tea, bags of frozen chicken, frozen veggies, polly-o 2% string cheese and a bunch of canned salmon and tuna

Today, lets see if I Can remember...

Meal 1
2 Scoops Ultra peptide 2.0
2 fish oil caplets

Meal 2
6 oz chicken breast
large handful or broccoli and cauliflower
diet soda

Meal 3
6 oz canned salmon
1 handful of peanuts
2 fishoil caps

Leg workout (Hammy curls, Leg extensions, Squats, Seated and Standing calves)

Meal 4
Shake of 2 scoops whey
spoonful of sugarfree peanutbutter

Meal 5
6oz chicken
1 handfull of broccoli and cauliflower

Meal 6
6 omega 3 eggs
1 diet soda
2 fishoil caps

Meal 7
1 can tuna
1 handful of peanuts

Pleanty of water as well. Any advice gents? I feel kind of weird, not hungry, just spacey or something like that

Viking
02-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Do it up man! Good luck

Mighty
02-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Do it up man! Good luck

Thanks a ton V

Scoobysnacks
02-18-2009, 08:36 PM
So yesterday I went to the grocery store, picked up 2 dozen omega 3 eggs, a jug of peanuts, diet soda and diet green tea, bags of frozen chicken, frozen veggies, polly-o 2% string cheese and a bunch of canned salmon and tuna

Meal 1
2 Scoops Ultra peptide 2.0
2 fish oil caplets

Meal 2
6 oz chicken breast
large handful or broccoli and cauliflower
diet soda

Meal 3
6 oz canned salmon
1 handful of peanuts
2 fishoil caps

Meal 4
Shake of 2 scoops whey
spoonful of sugarfree peanutbutter

Meal 5
6oz chicken
1 handfull of broccoli and cauliflower

Meal 6
6 omega 3 eggs
1 diet soda
2 fishoil caps

Meal 7
1 can tuna
1 handful of peanuts

Pleanty of water as well. Any advice gents? I feel kind of weird, not hungry, just spacey or something like that

Couple things, daves keto diet is for one thing and thats cutting bodyfat, he has said over and over keto is not for adding muscle to do that you use his keto recs on macros and add around 20-25 carbs per meal.

Also your first two meals on this diet have virtually no fat in them. Here are what Dave recommends, you might want to plug this diet into fitday.com and see if you are hitting it. To begin....

1.5 x bw= protein spread over 6 meals
.6 xbw for fat intake= over 6 meals

veggies at one meal, shoot for trace carbs around 30-40 no more. Its normal to be spacey at first, but you have to stick that out.

Then take a cheat meal after 14 days most do pizza but you want to shoot for around 200-300 grams of carbs.

Keto isnt really my thing, but Ive helped others set it up, I dont think rolling with the first two meals with no fat is right.

Also, you want a lean protein like chicken and a fatty protein like beef.

Just some tips, Im sure some keto guys can help you even more.

Ss

buster12
02-18-2009, 09:40 PM
good luck bro!

lighthvy
02-18-2009, 09:42 PM

Meal 1
2 Scoops Ultra peptide 2.0 (Too many carbs, stick with an isolate)
2 fish oil caplets Add 1 evening primrose oil cap for omega 6's (GLA)

Meal 2
6 oz chicken breast
large handful or broccoli and cauliflower (no more than a cup, next time go for spinach or green beans, much less trace carbs)
diet soda

Meal 3
6 oz canned salmon
1 handful of peanuts (try RAW almonds, has a better ratio of omega 3's)
2 fishoil caps

Meal 4
Shake of 2 scoops whey
spoonful of sugarfree peanutbutter (MEASURE!)

Meal 5
6oz chicken
1 handfull of broccoli and cauliflower (Try a sugarfree fiber supp instead, only one srv veggies to keep trace carbs down)
You need a fat source!

Meal 6
6 omega 3 eggs
1 diet soda
2 fishoil caps Primrose Oil

Meal 7
1 can tuna
1 handful of peanuts (RAW almonds)

You WILL feel spacey the first few days... I think you have some things right, but Dave stresses getting all of you ESSENTIAL fats. These are the templates to all sorts of anabolic hormones, so you will need them to build muscle or preserve it. Also, you will have a hard time remaining in ketosis with your carbs and protein powders. Have 1 veggie source with your fatty protein meal. You are also consuming a lot of peanuts, while they are a fat, they are legumes, and arent as heart healthy. Dave like the keto diet, but he likes to stress healthy omegas. Here's how I would plan your meals if going for fat loss

Meal 1
50g Whey Isolate
1.5 T Natty PB
2 fish oil, 1 EPO

Meal 2
6oz chicken
1/3 cup raw almonds
1 srv sugar free metamucil

Meal 3 (Fatty Protein)
Salmon
Green Salad w/ 1T Macademia Nut Oil or EV Olive Oil

Meal 4
50g Isolate
1.5 T Natty PB

Meal 5
Chicken
1/3 cup Almonds
Sugar free Metamucil

Meal 6
4 omega 3 eggs w/ 3-4 egg whites
2 fish oils, 1 EPO

If you are trying to cut, 6 meals only. If you are trying to gain, you can add meals. Go two weeks to get into a strong ketosis, then have a cheat meal w/ no more than 300-500g carbs, depending on how big you are. This is a gross over-generalization, but I hope it helps. Be sure you stay under 50g carbs per day, or youll feel like shit out of ketosis. Stay under, and youll feel great... just allow time for your stomach to shrink (about a week or two) and hunger wont be an issue. I may have missed a thing or two, but thats all I have right now...

Mighty
02-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Couple things, daves keto diet is for one thing and thats cutting bodyfat, he has said over and over keto is not for adding muscle to do that you use his keto recs on macros and add around 20-25 carbs per meal.

Also your first two meals on this diet have virtually no fat in them. Here are what Dave recommends, you might want to plug this diet into fitday.com and see if you are hitting it. To begin....

1.5 x bw= protein spread over 6 meals
.6 xbw for fat intake= over 6 meals

veggies at one meal, shoot for trace carbs around 30-40 no more. Its normal to be spacey at first, but you have to stick that out.

Then take a cheat meal after 14 days most do pizza but you want to shoot for around 200-300 grams of carbs.

Keto isnt really my thing, but Ive helped others set it up, I dont think rolling with the first two meals with no fat is right.

Also, you want a lean protein like chicken and a fatty protein like beef.

Just some tips, Im sure some keto guys can help you even more.

Ss

Big thanks, I'm going to keep doing some research too. Gotta get an actual bottle of oil like he keeps saying in the diet

good luck bro!

Thanks man!

You WILL feel spacey the first few days... I think you have some things right, but Dave stresses getting all of you ESSENTIAL fats. These are the templates to all sorts of anabolic hormones, so you will need them to build muscle or preserve it. Also, you will have a hard time remaining in ketosis with your carbs and protein powders. Have 1 veggie source with your fatty protein meal. You are also consuming a lot of peanuts, while they are a fat, they are legumes, and arent as heart healthy. Dave like the keto diet, but he likes to stress healthy omegas. Here's how I would plan your meals if going for fat loss

Meal 1
50g Whey Isolate
1.5 T Natty PB
2 fish oil, 1 EPO

Meal 2
6oz chicken
1/3 cup raw almonds
1 srv sugar free metamucil

Meal 3 (Fatty Protein)
Salmon
Green Salad w/ 1T Macademia Nut Oil or EV Olive Oil

Meal 4
50g Isolate
1.5 T Natty PB

Meal 5
Chicken
1/3 cup Almonds
Sugar free Metamucil

Meal 6
4 omega 3 eggs w/ 3-4 egg whites
2 fish oils, 1 EPO

If you are trying to cut, 6 meals only. If you are trying to gain, you can add meals. Go two weeks to get into a strong ketosis, then have a cheat meal w/ no more than 300-500g carbs, depending on how big you are. This is a gross over-generalization, but I hope it helps. Be sure you stay under 50g carbs per day, or youll feel like shit out of ketosis. Stay under, and youll feel great... just allow time for your stomach to shrink (about a week or two) and hunger wont be an issue. I may have missed a thing or two, but thats all I have right now...

That post was so helpful, seriously! I'm going to give it a shot, what is EPO again?

lighthvy
02-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Big thanks, I'm going to keep doing some research too. Gotta get an actual bottle of oil like he keeps saying in the diet

Thanks man!

That post was so helpful, seriously! I'm going to give it a shot, what is EPO again?

Glad I could help! This diet is very simple once you have it set up correctly, as all the meals are interchangable. But I will admit it can be tricky at first. The EPO is Evening Primrose Oil. From what I recall, its a little hazy, Dave recommends 1200-1500mg 2x a day. If you get close to those youll be fine. But a proper balance of all your omegas will keep you and your heart healthy and your muscles anabolic. So get your fish oils in for the essential EPA & DHA fatty acids, your EPO for the GLA fatty acid, and either Macademia Nut Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil for those Poly & Mono unsaturates. Track your progress over two weeks at first. Use the mirror and the scale. I did not lose much weight, but I sharpened up nicely. I believe it was because I was consuming a better balance of essential nutrients (protein & fat). I think I may have actually grown just a slight amount. If you feel you arent making progress, cut back on the fat slightly. I am 200lbs, and was putting down about 100-110g of fat, 270g protein, 30g carbs. If you are in the 160s, I think roughly 80-90 of fat would work with approximately 200g protein. Keep carbs as low as possible, no more crap protein shakes!

The first week I was still very strong in the gym, and was in Ketosis after about 4 days. Dont freak if the second week you are a tad weaker or flat. Thats normal. You have to 'pay your dues' so to speak until you have that first cheat meal. You need to deplete and totally switch over to ketones for fuel before you pound the carbs again. After your first cheat meal, you will be full and strength will be back. Energy should stay up, hunger down. Lift with high intensity and less volume and you should be all set! If you have any other questions, let me know...

Scoobysnacks
02-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Glad I could help! This diet is very simple once you have it set up correctly, as all the meals are interchangable. But I will admit it can be tricky at first. The EPO is Evening Primrose Oil. From what I recall, its a little hazy, Dave recommends 1200-1500mg 2x a day. If you get close to those youll be fine. But a proper balance of all your omegas will keep you and your heart healthy and your muscles anabolic. So get your fish oils in for the essential EPA & DHA fatty acids, your EPO for the GLA fatty acid, and either Macademia Nut Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil for those Poly & Mono unsaturates. Track your progress over two weeks at first. Use the mirror and the scale. I did not lose much weight, but I sharpened up nicely. I believe it was because I was consuming a better balance of essential nutrients (protein & fat). I think I may have actually grown just a slight amount. If you feel you arent making progress, cut back on the fat slightly. I am 200lbs, and was putting down about 100-110g of fat, 270g protein, 30g carbs. If you are in the 160s, I think roughly 80-90 of fat would work with approximately 200g protein. Keep carbs as low as possible, no more crap protein shakes!

The first week I was still very strong in the gym, and was in Ketosis after about 4 days. Dont freak if the second week you are a tad weaker or flat. Thats normal. You have to 'pay your dues' so to speak until you have that first cheat meal. You need to deplete and totally switch over to ketones for fuel before you pound the carbs again. After your first cheat meal, you will be full and strength will be back. Energy should stay up, hunger down. Lift with high intensity and less volume and you should be all set! If you have any other questions, let me know...

good posts lighhvy

Mighty
02-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks a lot scoop and lighthvy, I'm going to be looking into making sure my fat balance is more like the one you posted. Time to go shopping!

YoungytheKing
02-22-2009, 06:43 AM
Starting the diet asap again myself, do not have any whey isolate, only whey, for the 54g required it brings about 3 ish grams of carbs, will this be cool? Am following the rest of the diet to the letter....

bigdaddyd
02-22-2009, 07:43 AM
If you follow it exactly like Dave has it mapped out in his first thread, it will work. I start tomorrow (delayed a week) and have used his diet approach in the past with great results.

The key is to follow it exactly though.

meatheadio
02-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Starting the diet asap again myself, do not have any whey isolate, only whey, for the 54g required it brings about 3 ish grams of carbs, will this be cool? Am following the rest of the diet to the letter....

This should be fine. Even Pure WPI before it is flavoured has a about 1.5 gm of carb for that same 54gm. When a company says there is 'no carbs' in there WPI it usually refers to the fact that there is less than 1gm per serve of their product. If you wanted the premium source, Daves Isolyze is one of the most pure WPI's on the market at about 93% protein and 1-2 % carbs