PDA

View Full Version : A review of the literature on artificial sweeteners.

The Solution
12-24-2015, 05:34 AM
A review of the literature on artificial sweeteners.

http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/ijo2015177a.html

We found a considerable weight of evidence in favour of consumption of LES in place of sugar as helpful in reducing relative EI and BW, with no evidence from the many acute and sustained intervention studies in humans that LES increase EI. Importantly, the effects of LES-sweetened beverages on BW also appear neutral relative to water, or even beneficial in some contexts.

This seems a reasonable conclusion from the literature, and shifts the issue from whether LES are ‘good’ or ‘bad,’ and re-focuses it on the question of how they are best used in practice to help in the achievement of specific public health goals, such as the reduction of intakes of free sugars and energy.

davidcua
12-24-2015, 07:33 AM
LOL .

=> Artificial sweeteners are ALL CRAP. They might be different variety of crap but they still are crap and will remain so. Keep drinking clean alkaline water and you will be good. Once in a great while drinking regular soda or artificial sweetener soda won't harm you but I don't understand the need of having it on a regular basis.

Minnphat
12-24-2015, 08:30 AM
I need three splenda a day in my coffee! Do they make extend unflavored?

Joshua H
12-24-2015, 12:51 PM
I have 6-8 packets a day (total) of sweet n low in my coffee or oats. No research to support any negative effects other then one recent study that showed extremely high intakes (= to 25 packets a day for a 200lb male) in mice can reduce good gut bacteria by 50% in some mice but not all. If that's as bad as it gets then I'll take my chances.....

The Solution
12-24-2015, 04:04 PM
Exactly
You would have to take in ridiculous amounts , like drinking diet soda by the 2L bottle, putting 20-30 packets of splenda in your coffee. None of us are that dumb to do so.

I have 6-8 packets a day (total) of sweet n low in my coffee or oats. No research to support any negative effects other then one recent study that showed extremely high intakes (= to 25 packets a day for a 200lb male) in mice can reduce good gut bacteria by 50% in some mice but not all. If that's as bad as it gets then I'll take my chances.....