PDA

View Full Version : How do I stay healthy?

mareck
03-02-2016, 12:49 AM
I guess i should start with description and injuries, so I'm 21, 5'6", and 195lbs. I have a terrible history of injury with 9 surgeries, tore my left acl twice, had some meniscus removed from my left knee, tore my back, got a slight tear in my lower abs, and i have wrists that dislocate when i bench anything over 315. What should i do to help prevent more injury? After 6 years of competition i am no longer a powerlifter, but i do want to compete in physique.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Curt James
05-16-2016, 11:47 AM
I guess i should start with description and injuries, so I'm 21, 5'6", and 195lbs. I have a terrible history of injury with 9 surgeries, tore my left acl twice, had some meniscus removed from my left knee, tore my back, got a slight tear in my lower abs, and i have wrists that dislocate when i bench anything over 315. What should i do to help prevent more injury? After 6 years of competition i am no longer a powerlifter, but i do want to compete in physique.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ever hear that one joke?

"Doc, it hurts when I do this."

Doctor: "Well, don't do THAT!"

So don't bench 315. You can get the blood in your muscles with 225 just as easily and with less stress on your joints, tendons, ligaments, right? Mind-muscle connection, squeezing those reps, pausing, etc.

Work smarter not harder is another one of those meme slogans that seems applicable to your situation.

I suffer from epicondylitis or tennis elbow whenever I do power cleans, so I've stopped doing power cleans. Even with 135 it seemed that I'd booger up my forearms making it impossible (or a PITA) to perform other exercises.

If your goal is Physique competition then I'd get my nutrition on point and do exercises that don't put you in danger. So no max squats or benches and more isolation movements for higher reps, less rest between sets, what else? I have no idea. Guess I need to take Dave's guru course.

bigbal2943
05-17-2016, 09:05 PM
Ever hear that one joke?

"Doc, it hurts when I do this."

Doctor: "Well, don't do THAT!"

So don't bench 315. You can get the blood in your muscles with 225 just as easily and with less stress on your joints, tendons, ligaments, right? Mind-muscle connection, squeezing those reps, pausing, etc.

Work smarter not harder is another one of those meme slogans that seems applicable to your situation.

I suffer from epicondylitis or tennis elbow whenever I do power cleans, so I've stopped doing power cleans. Even with 135 it seemed that I'd booger up my forearms making it impossible (or a PITA) to perform other exercises.

If your goal is Physique competition then I'd get my nutrition on point and do exercises that don't put you in danger. So no max squats or benches and more isolation movements for higher reps, less rest between sets, what else? I have no idea. Guess I need to take Dave's guru course.

Yea I have to completely agree with this. Listen to your body brother. If your joints, tendons, etc. are saying fuck no then listen to them. On other forums some would say take GH though that's just not going to fix your problem. Bring straps and a belt when you train as well. IMO

sachin.shubham
05-23-2016, 08:43 AM
Maintain a Healthy Weight
Exercise Regularly
Don't Smoke.
Eat a Healthy Diet
Drink Alcohol Only in Moderation, If at All
Protect Yourself from the Sun
Protect Yourself From Sexually Transmitted Infections
Get Screening Tests

michelthomas
11-18-2016, 05:25 AM